PDA

View Full Version : What was the first thing you did when you found Midas???

RebeL_fARmeR
22nd Jun 2007, 17:58
You know what I'm talking about.

Could you resist?

I couldn't. hehehe

22nd Jun 2007, 18:06
I groaned when I saw the petite-ness of the hand, but did it anyway.

Hippie
22nd Jun 2007, 21:59
Kinda reminded me of one of the levels in Last Revelation.

Laura Croft
22nd Jun 2007, 22:06
I did it straight away. It was more a case of:

Me: "Yay!" *takes Lara over to jump on it and view the new animation*

And if Lara could talk, she'd say: "Oh NO! No no no no no! I know what you're thinking, and I'm saying, DON'T EVEN GO THERE!"

Ha ha!

Xcom
22nd Jun 2007, 22:52
I didn't mean to, but Lara insisted...

Mertz523
22nd Jun 2007, 22:57
I groaned when I saw the petite-ness of the hand, but did it anyway.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow...that sounds so dirty, but I know it isn't. :whistle:

Yea, I stepped on the hand after I found all the lead bars. At first it wouldn't let me onto the hand, which I almost threw a fit 'cuz I couldn't climb onto it.

pinkangel07
23rd Jun 2007, 01:47
after the HUGE apes, it was what I did...

and I laughed, hahhhaa! Why is it so funny to me? I feel like some psycho! Poor Lara... Oh well, I consider us even for all those times she died on me.

Ghostwolfalpha
23rd Jun 2007, 02:58
Aside from I did you-know-what, I noticed two things: small hands and one ENORMOUSLY large head. :lol: :lol:

I don't like the new animation at all, there's no cry in pain and graphic effects are bad, therefore I propose to Crystal
Dynamics to fix this bug with a new patch, complete with sound and better graphics. :D :D

TR-lover
23rd Jun 2007, 09:56
no one could resist truing lara to gold
the same thing happens in tr1 the hand of medas is irresistible

Phlip
23rd Jun 2007, 09:57
I didn't do that until a bit later... :whistle:

Ghostwolfalpha
23rd Jun 2007, 10:04
Come on click it, you know you wanted to ;) ;)

The expression is priceless, but the graphics still sucked.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/721/tra20070620rk1.jpg

gyste4
23rd Jun 2007, 14:34
I did it too! But felt bad afterwards...

RebeL_fARmeR
23rd Jun 2007, 14:44
BWAHAHA! Ghostwolfalpha, that picture... I think a caption competition would be in order.

The expression on her face basically says "Oh dear!!!"

Tiri Li
23rd Jun 2007, 16:37
I just ignored the gorrilas and run straight to the hand.

I *had* to compare it with the original, you see.

DayLightX
23rd Jun 2007, 23:34
For me, it was like "hmmm, gold lara or regular lara? gold!"

Dunno why, but it sorta reminded me of the time when Han Solo got frozen, hehe

24th Jun 2007, 08:03
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow...that sounds so dirty, but I know it isn't. :whistle:

Lol!

*honey*
24th Jun 2007, 10:15
not alot of people could resist the temptation of the hand as my poll shows lol hehe

TouchOfPink
24th Jun 2007, 13:10
At first I saw the hand I thought 'should I, shouldn't I...' So I thought no, I love Lara too much to let her go that way... but in the end I just couldn't resist! :D

RebeL_fARmeR
24th Jun 2007, 14:13
Lara has to understand, we put her on the big hand and kill her because we love her... :scratch:

Like they say, sometimes you gotta be cruel to be kind. Therefore, turning her into a big gold deeley is an act of kindness!

Ghostwolfalpha
24th Jun 2007, 16:12
Lara has to understand, we put her on the big hand and kill her because we love her... :scratch:

Like they say, sometimes you gotta be cruel to be kind. Therefore, turning her into a big gold deeley is an act of kindness!

Deeley? What's that?

I remembered in the Farscape episodes titled "Look at the princess" three parts series, in which the main character John Crichton was forced to turned into a bronze statue because he and an alien princess were chosen to become the future king and queen of that planet, and for that they have to be turned into bronze statues in order to stay young and immobilized for 80 years.

Amazingly they were still alive when they turned into statues and were able to perceive the outside world. Their each single cell was molecularly encased in bronze, so if someone chops off the statue's head, then it can be repaired easily and no harm done to the transmutated person. Now that is weird science.

Godfather77
24th Jun 2007, 16:21
Yeah I too couldn't resist it. Gold or normal lara :scratch:
Gold Lara is the winner :lol:

RebeL_fARmeR
24th Jun 2007, 16:51
What's a deeley?

A deeley is kinda like a doohicky or a whatchamacallit, only they have less corners.
Not to be confused with a doo-daa they're completely different.

Deeleys may also be referred to as thingybobs or wotsits.

:nut:

This one's going straight to wikipedia!

Ghostwolfalpha
24th Jun 2007, 17:11
Yeah I found them, it's either called a dealie, dealy or deelie. Guess I don't use them terms too often.

Anyhow now all we need is something to turn Lara into stone statue, or she "accidentally" falls into a tank full of liquid nitrogen and turns into a human popsicle! :lol: :lol:

Crystal Dynamics try putting those into the next TR game, sure that will be fun. :D

What can I say I'm evil on Doctor Evil's evil scale. :lol:

bedazzled
24th Jun 2007, 19:07
It was the first thing I did. :D

NightRain'06
25th Jun 2007, 06:21
I knew the story of King Midas a long time ago since it was from a kid's book or something. But when I arrived at Midas' Palace in the game, the thought didn't occur to me about the hand changing her into gold.

Anyway, I accidentally had her stumble onto the hand the very first time before starting to collect the lead bars. When I saw the Lara gold animation I was like "Whoa !!" And I thought she could still move around as I was shaking the analog sticks to have her step off the hand. :lol: :o

Now I have an old Midas' Palace save file where I have her do a daring stunt. What's that ? By diving into the hand, her body would remain lifeless obviously from the huge drop and then the gold animation would happen. I'm so cruel to her in this fashion. :whistle: Don't you think ? :nut:

Towel
25th Jun 2007, 06:31
As said earlier i also needed to compare the old version of gold lara to the new version of gold lara. I just needed to compare for a research:whistle:.

bigpie
26th Jun 2007, 21:56
I can't believe I never thought to get her to swan dive into the hand! I'm on my way to try it right now.............although I can't deny I found a convenient checkpoint and then killed her needlessly many times in the original fashion......:lmao:

Towel
26th Jun 2007, 21:59
OOO DUde ima Try the Swan Dive on my Game File

"TRUST THE MIDAS TOUCH"

*honey*
26th Jun 2007, 22:09
its funny when u swan dive her off something tall cos instead of breaking her neck like she did in TR1 she bounces up and crashes to the floor (well thats wot somebody sed:whistle: )

NightRain'06
26th Jun 2007, 22:49
I noticed that too.

In Midas' Palace, when I had her swan diving slightly away from the palm, eventually I saw her bounce off of it and land on the floor. LOL.
The drawback to doing this was there's no full gold animation on her, like you'd see if she stepped onto it, because the game immediately throws you back to the load screen only after her feet have changed to gold. :mad2:

But it's fun to do ! :D

Lara Cruz
26th Jun 2007, 23:37
Only 10 times! And it wasnt me, it was Lara!

LisaB1962
27th Jun 2007, 17:49
First thing I did in the level. I said, "well, let's get this out of the way," and climbed on. :D

NaughtyGirl
27th Jun 2007, 19:30
I waited until the end! And then I did it twice :rasp:

Squishy
27th Jun 2007, 21:43
I couldnt resist I just had to do it... :lmao:

Captain Mazda
27th Jun 2007, 22:04
I knew the story of King Midas a long time ago since it was from a kid's book or something. But when I arrived at Midas' Palace in the game, the thought didn't occur to me about the hand changing her into gold.

Indeed. I thought I'd just see if CD decided to implement it. I did it about 3 more times right afterwards, fighting the gorillas each time. :whistle:

Funny how all of us had the same mindset.

The_Elite_One_13
29th Jun 2007, 18:06
1. Killed the apes

2. Raced to the statue

3. O gee whiz my goodness didn't know that would happen;) .....:whistle:

4. Loaded the game and did it again!!!!!

Towel
29th Jun 2007, 18:12
Well as I said before compared, still comparing

tinknocker68
21st Jul 2007, 22:32
Well I jumped on it but wasn't expecting that. Kinda freaked me out a little LOL. Don't think I ever made it that far in the original game.

Spong
21st Jul 2007, 22:51
I was really boring. I finished the level first - went and collected all the lead bars, turned them to gold and put them in their place - before I bothered jumping on Midas' hand.

I was more interested in seeing whether or not the Atlantean foetus boss would thrash Lara around like he did in the original (smashing her against the floor like she was a rag-doll).

Tombraider4life
1st Aug 2007, 06:19
Haha I honestly thought that when you step on Mida's hand, you just turn into gold, and you don't die. I guess I was wrong. Atleast I climbed up the fountain and on the ledge to get to a checkpoint first. The cinematic actually kinda freaks me out.. lol

ElevenTR
1st Aug 2007, 09:36
There should have been an outfit called Stone - like when the Centaurs gaze at you!

Phlip
1st Aug 2007, 09:37
There should have been an outfit called Stone - like when the Centaurs gaze at you!
Ditto! :D

radicalgarbage
1st Aug 2007, 10:31
Come on click it, you know you wanted to ;) ;)

The expression is priceless, but the graphics still sucked.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/721/tra20070620rk1.jpg

Couldn't have agreed with you more! Especially since it reminds me of Futuremark's "XL-R8R" graphics demo from 1999.
http://www.futuremark.com/images/download/screenshot_xl-r8r_2_big.jpg

Final_Fantasy
1st Aug 2007, 10:37
They should, like, make a gold edition of Anniversary. Get it? GOLD!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

ElevenTR
1st Aug 2007, 10:38
They should, like, make a gold edition of Anniversary. Get it? GOLD!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

RitaG18
1st Aug 2007, 14:54
Yeah I had to :P It was fun xD hahaha

Shaidester
1st Aug 2007, 15:10
Actually, I just ignored the hand until I got 2/3 of the lead bricks. Then, I just jumped on the hand, and remembered what it did :D.

Below Zero
1st Aug 2007, 16:14
The hand of no Return :p

CrisGer
1st Aug 2007, 18:13
I still havent done that to poor Lara yet, she takes such a beating from so many other things, so she has not become gold in my game yet. :) But I can bring it up to her if she proves troublesome in the levels to come, i just got to Egypt. :)

moliketombdestroyer
2nd Aug 2007, 05:05
I totally didn't know you could do that! I'll have to go back and try!

Xaander Le
2nd Aug 2007, 06:52
I loved it in the original when it went block by block with Lara eventually falling over. Does she still do that?