PDA

View Full Version : PS2 controls

NaughtyGirl
22nd Jun 2007, 17:15
While idly playing today, I noticed that When moving R3(camera) and L3(walk/run) together, R3 will actually move Lara....not just her camera. so basically it's like 2 walk buttons, so times when I was wondering why she was off center....it's probably because when I thought I was just moving my camera view....I was actually MOVING!!! If she is standing still R3 will move the camera.

That seems really odd to me.

Also if you are moving in one direction, say Lara is facing you, and you starting to walk or run and then hit L2 to change your camera view, it will make Lara turn around.....not the camera, so you will end up opposite of where you were.

Again only happens if you are moving...

This could explain a lot of oops moments, when I though I was just moving the camera but I wasn't.

It doesn't really make sense to me...:scratch:

lara lady
22nd Jun 2007, 17:20
~HHH♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥HHH~~♥♥♥~♥♥♥~~♥♥♥~♥♥♥~~♥♥♥~♥♥♥~~♥♥♥~♥♥♥
~HHH♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥HHH~UUU♥♥♥~♥♥♥UUUU~MMMMMMMMMMMM~♥♥♥~♥♥♥
~HHH♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥HHH~UUU♥♥♥~♥♥♥UUUU~MMM♥♥MM♥♥MMM~♥♥♥~♥♥♥
~HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~UUU♥♥♥~♥♥♥UUUU~MMM♥♥MM♥♥MMM~♥♥♥~♥♥♥
~HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~UUU♥♥♥~♥♥♥UUUU~MMM♥♥MM♥♥MMM~♥♥♥~♥♥♥
~HHH♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥HHH~UUUUUUUUUUUUUU~MMM♥♥MM♥♥MMM~♥♥♥~♥♥♥
~HHH♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥HHH~UUUUUUUUUUUUUU~MMM♥♥MM♥♥MMM~♥♥♥~♥♥♥
~HHH♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥HHH~♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥~♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥
~HHH♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥HHH~♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥~♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥♥♥~♥
Cool

Hippie
22nd Jun 2007, 22:42
As for changing direction when pressing L2, it's pretty simple. When you pull back on L3, Lara moves towards you, facing you. When you press L2, that resets the camera to be behind her. So what's happening is--and it happens so fast you can't tell--your resetting the camera, but since you're still pulling back on L3, she actually changes direction after the camera resets.

And controlling L2 and L3 at the same time, that's been there for a long time, and in a lot of other games, but it's an easy way to steer her, isn't it? I use it all the time.

Rai
22nd Jun 2007, 23:33
Can't say I noticed that. What I did notice is that on occasion Lara would walk off on her own - once she actually walked straight off a ledge :eek: And another time I had to quickly take over again before she did herself in again. :nut:

I don't know if this has anything to do with any slight movement of the camera or if it's the use of the stealth walk? :confused: It's quite funny to watch - but not when she walks off the edge.

On a side note: What's wrong with Lara Lady? Has the game made go doolally? :lol:

NaughtyGirl
23rd Jun 2007, 00:57
[QUOTE=Hippie;665382]As for changing direction when pressing L2, it's pretty simple. When you pull back on L3, Lara moves towards you, facing you. When you press L2, that resets the camera to be behind her. So what's happening is--and it happens so fast you can't tell--your resetting the camera, but since you're still pulling back on L3, she actually changes direction after the camera resets.[QUOTE]

lol...that's what I'm saying...so when you have a camera angle change and you press L2 to adjust....thinking you are heading the same way you were....but you are not!:eek: that kinda blows sometimes and might be the root of all those grapple issues and adrenaline dodge issues....

Hippie
23rd Jun 2007, 01:19
lol...that's what I'm saying...so when you have a camera angle change and you press L2 to adjust....thinking you are heading the same way you were....but you are not!:eek: that kinda blows sometimes and might be the root of all those grapple issues and adrenaline dodge issues....

Do you use L2 a lot? I don't use it much myself. If you do, then when you press it, push L3 forward (if it's not something you already do). Have you gotten yourself into a habit where you keep L3 pulled back?

NaughtyGirl
23rd Jun 2007, 01:37
sometimes in this game I have needed to press L2 trying to get the camera behind me and I would be doing something where I would already have L3 pressed a certain way...for instance a jump, the camera may swing away and you think to try and get it back....I had not realized that changing the camera angle was actually making her change DIRECTION....

Hippie
23rd Jun 2007, 01:56
I don't know how else to help you--if you wanted help--than to say just push L3 forward when you press L2. I will tell you, I have found in some instances that I had to change some of my habits with TRA that I developed in Legend. I think they made this game a little more challenging.