PDA

View Full Version : No fighting people?

segasaturn
22nd Jun 2007, 16:20
I remember fighting the machinegun kid, and pierre popping out of nowhere shooting at you then vanishing. I was really looking forward to that. Why did they turn all the fights with humans into cutscenes?

LisaB1962
22nd Jun 2007, 16:55
You can't make a game today without cut scenes to spell it all out for you. They've just become standard, like analog control.

As long as they're not interactive, I don't mind. :D

Mangar The Dark
22nd Jun 2007, 17:27
You can't make a game today without cut scenes to spell it all out for you.

Just be glad we're not back in the early days of CD-ROMs, or we'd be watching FMV sequences, with bad actors playing the roles in front of obvious blue screen set.

Paulraider
22nd Jun 2007, 17:54
tomb raider aint so bad for cuts scenes but metal gear sold is terrible, you have to wait literally 10 minutes before you start the game. i know they have made that into a movie game, but it gets on my nerves just sitting there, do you think were thick ,lol

22nd Jun 2007, 18:03
In St FF I remember one of the commentaries saying that it was bad for the Pierre shooting then disappearing act so they made it so that you dont see him till the end.

Demarest
22nd Jun 2007, 19:25
I appreciate them depicting Lara as a survivalist, only using her guns when need be and that shooting people bothers her even though her life was at stake. Makes her seem more human without giving Jack Thompson something new to attack :lol:

gopher666
22nd Jun 2007, 19:26
do you think were thick ,lol

No, but perhaps we didn't spend too long listening in grammar class

22nd Jun 2007, 20:04
No, but perhaps we didn't spend too long listening in grammar class

:lol:

Ricardo221
23rd Jun 2007, 04:23
Yeah, I missed getting shot at by Pierre. Now all he does is laugh at you from a distant corridor somewhere.

I replayed Greece on my PS1 TR1 and was amazed at how many times Pierre comes out to shoot at you. Once in the Folley, twice in the Coliseum, twice in the Cistern, and twice in the Tomb of Tihocan.

Tomraider
23rd Jun 2007, 06:19
that is what kind of bugged me to! I liked how you fought peirre and he'd pop out of knowhere and started shooting you.But I really dont like all the PRESS square!!!! It got annoying! You cant even just sit back and watch the show anymore! I was bummed when you couldnt fight the skateboard guy and the big dude!

Werner Von Croy
23rd Jun 2007, 08:08
I really don't like that in TRA, resident evil 4 used to drive me up the wall during cutscenes when you had to press X at a specific time or l1 l2 at a specific time