PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Legend Croft Manor

Aaron2112
21st Jun 2007, 05:52
Hey i need help in the croft manor in legend im in the library and i cant seem to ge the secret passage open in there ive got the book shelves on the 2 switches but the doors wont open and i dont rememeber if there is any kind of switch anywhere that i need to push for it to open besides the ones that the book shelves are already on please help me with this thank you.

Werner Von Croy
21st Jun 2007, 05:59
Hey i need help in the croft manor in legend im in the library and i cant seem to ge the secret passage open in there ive got the book shelves on the 2 switches but the doors wont open and i dont rememeber if there is any kind of switch anywhere that i need to push for it to open besides the ones that the book shelves are already on please help me with this thank you.

There's a picture hanging on wall jump to it, jump back to balcony and shoot the switch to reveal a hidden enterance

Aaron2112
21st Jun 2007, 06:03
There's a picture hanging on wall jump to it, jump back to balcony and shoot the switch to reveal a hidden enterance

The only picture i see is a picture of laras mother is this picture in the library.

Werner Von Croy
21st Jun 2007, 06:06
The only picture i see is a picture of laras mother is this picture in the library.

Oh god i a sorry early morning here forgive me, i thought it was anniversary and it was legend did you push the 2 blocks onto pressure pads? Try also and use your grapple in room as well, think on chandelier.

Aaron2112
21st Jun 2007, 06:09
Oh god i a sorry early morning here forgive me, i thought it was anniversary and it was legend did you push the 2 blocks onto pressure pads? Try also and use your grapple in room as well, think on chandelier.

Yes yes i did put the shelves on the switiches ill go try that thanks for the info.

Aaron2112
21st Jun 2007, 06:13
Yes yes i did put the shelves on the switiches ill go try that thanks for the info.

That didnt work excatly what am i suppose to do to the chandlier

Werner Von Croy
21st Jun 2007, 06:16
That didnt work excatly what am i suppose to do to the chandlier

There is a secret enterence in that room somewhere, it leads you to laras bedroom have you solved the book puzzle?

Aaron2112
21st Jun 2007, 06:18
There is a secret enterence in that room somewhere, it leads you to laras bedroom have you solved the book puzzle?

the book puzzle with the switches i dont think i can do that till i open the secret passage but then i again i dont know if i have or not is there anyway to restart croft manor without having to start a new game

Werner Von Croy
21st Jun 2007, 06:26
the book puzzle with the switches i dont think i can do that till i open the secret passage but then i again i dont know if i have or not is there anyway to restart croft manor without having to start a new game

Consults walkthrough

Grab shelving unit uncovered by shooting wooden planks and get the silver reward, push it on top of one of the two gray switches on each side of the desk. Facing Alister turn 90 degrees to the right you should see the second small shelving unit sitting on a metal-rimmed ledge. Fire the magnetic grapple at this shimmering platform and pull to remove shelving unit. This will open a wall panel to the right of alisters desk. Activate the PLS and enter the secret tunnel There is an inscription within this tunnel.

Aaron2112
21st Jun 2007, 06:28
Consults walkthrough

Grab shelving unit uncovered by shooting wooden planks and get the silver reward, push it on top of one of the two gray switches on each side of the desk. Facing Alister turn 90 degrees to the right you should see the second small shelving unit sitting on a metal-rimmed ledge. Fire the magnetic grapple at this shimmering platform and pull to remove shelving unit. This will open a wall panel to the right of alisters desk. Activate the PLS and enter the secret tunnel There is an inscription within this tunnel.

ive done all that and nothing happend and i dont want to restart all over again so i must be missing something its really making me frustrated cause i really dont want to have to restart.

Werner Von Croy
21st Jun 2007, 06:30
ive done all that and nothing happend and i dont want to restart all over again so i must be missing something its really making me frustrated cause i really dont want to have to restart.

Did you put your PSL on as the door is very hard to see without it?

Aaron2112
21st Jun 2007, 06:31
Did you put your PSL on as the door is very hard to see without it?

No i dont think what part of the room is the door located on if its on the part near the stairs i know where its at and its not opening is it on the shelve where you have to use the grapple to get the second book shelve to fall down.

Werner Von Croy
21st Jun 2007, 06:33
No i dont think what part of the room is the door located on if its on the part near the stairs i know where its at and its not opening is it on the shelve where you have to use the grapple to get the second book shelve to fall down.

Are the shelves on the switches properly?

Aaron2112
21st Jun 2007, 06:37
Are the shelves on the switches properly?

i suppose there are how are they suppose to be on there i thought there was only one way to put them on if not is there anyway to get them off to put them back on right.

Werner Von Croy
21st Jun 2007, 06:38
i suppose there are how are they suppose to be on there i thought there was only one way to put them on if not is there anyway to get them off to put them back on right.

Might be some bug as everrything seems to be in place and working :(

Aaron2112
21st Jun 2007, 06:40
Might be some bug as everrything seems to be in place and working :(

ok so is there anyway to fix it and if not can i restart croft manor without having to restart the whole game.

Werner Von Croy
21st Jun 2007, 06:43
ok so is there anyway to fix it and if not can i restart croft manor without having to restart the whole game.

Where have you saved from? If it was from that room AFTER you pushed the shelves onto switches you may have to start again i'm afraid :(

Aaron2112
21st Jun 2007, 06:47
Where have you saved from? If it was from that room AFTER you pushed the shelves onto switches you may have to start again i'm afraid :(

yes i have saved after that and i wont restart a new game ive completed every level gotten all the artifacts completed all time trials and have 99 percent completion i wont start over and do all that again is there not away to fix this problem.

Werner Von Croy
21st Jun 2007, 06:48
yes i have saved after that and i wont restart a new game ive completed every level gotten all the artifacts completed all time trials and have 99 percent completion i wont start over and do all that again is there not away to fix this problem.

I'm not sure are you playing PC version?

Aaron2112
21st Jun 2007, 06:51
I'm not sure are you playing PC version?

no im playing the ps2 version i just read something where sometimes they wont open right unless you postion them correctly how have you got them positioned.