PDA

View Full Version : St. Francis Follies Spear Room. Pulled Switch, But it Didn't Recess Spears On Side

strang5
20th Jun 2007, 18:59
I am in Damocles Spear Room. I grappled up on the far room center walkway and pulled the switch which is supposed to retract all the spears on the ledge in the same room with the artifact. It only retracted half of them. I was able to get the artifact, but it failed to retract the portion of spears along the outside room with all the spears coming up from the floor so that you can get to the broken pillar to start your ascent to do the frustrating grapple upon the tall pillar. It didn't retract those spears along that wall. I cannot get to the brocken off pillar to climb up. What can I do to get past it, or how can I choose to reload just the checkpoint prior to enterring the first room?

Xcom
20th Jun 2007, 20:03
or how can I choose to reload just the checkpoint prior to enterring the first room?

I guess you can try dying -- that will reload the last checkpoint.
Or you can try loading previously made save before that room.

strang5
20th Jun 2007, 20:44
I've hit another checkpoint after I realized what happened, so that won't work. Is there a way to select which checkpoint I reload??

Xcom
20th Jun 2007, 21:00
I am afraid not. You can only load last checkpoint, or a savegame (if you made it). Otherwise, restart the level? :(

strang5
21st Jun 2007, 02:26
You can't restart a level, can you? I did try a "replay level", but I cannot save my progress at the checkpoints. Please, can someone tell me how to perhaps edit my savegame to go back to the checkpoint prior to enterring this room??

strang5
21st Jun 2007, 03:24
Nevermind. I found a nice little proggie called TRAFly. I used it to get over the spears and then when I hit a checkpoint, I saved it and then stopped the TRAFly proggie.