PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden Q+A thread

Keir
19th Jun 2007, 10:13
Hey, got any questions about Ninja Gaiden Sigma? Ask me here :)

1. When is it out?
Early July

2. Which platforms will the game be on?
PS3

3. Who is developing the game?
Team Ninja

4. What's the game about?
STORY
The ultimate ninja is back – more challenging and more beautiful than ever. Ninja Gaiden, the game that Gamespot called “about so close to perfection as action games get”, is making its debut on the Playstation 3.
Play as Ryu Hayabusa, a young master ninja who seeks vengeance against those who attacked his village and stole the Dark Dragon Blade.
Featuring exclusive new features including dual wielding weapons, deadly new enemies, and the ability to play as Rachel (new playable character with 3 new missions)

5. What's the official site?
www.ninjagaidengame.com

6. Have there been any reviews yet?

Play 88%
(Issue 154, July 2007)

“one of the greatest modern action games ever created, and one that still packs a punch three years after its original release on Xbox”

“You really have no excuse not to pick this up on your PS3, and if you read this and still decide not to purchase it then we hate you to hell”

“This is an absolutely essential purchase, as Ninja Gaiden was one of the greatest action games ever created”

“a wonderful title”

PSU3 8/10
(Issue 11, July 2007)

“Ninja Gaiden Sigma has reinvigorated our interest in videogames”

“one of the best titles on the console”

“Seen alone, the combat is probably the best ever created”

“As close to perfection as you can get”

“It does what it set out to do magnificently, and in delivering what is arguably the best combat system around, will have fans of the genre in piggy heaven for quite some time”

Mrs Croft
19th Jun 2007, 15:41
OMG, I had no idea that Eidos were publishing Ninja Gaiden Sigma. :eek:

DOA is one of my favourite games, so I love Ninja Gaiden too. :D

Is there an online mode? :)

Keir
20th Jun 2007, 08:35
OMG, I had no idea that Eidos were publishing Ninja Gaiden Sigma. :eek:

Is there an online mode? :)

Cool! No multiplayer on Ninja Gaiden; however upon completing the game you will receive a Karma score which will then be posted on a leaderboard.

BlueSkiesXXV
20th Jun 2007, 15:17
Excellent...This game deserves to be huge on PS3. I will be getting it on release day :)
You guys were VERY wise for picking it up.

I also heard a rumour that Team Ninja is working on Ninja Gaiden 2 for the 360. That will also rock!!!!!!!!

Mrs Croft
20th Jun 2007, 16:28
Cool! No multiplayer on Ninja Gaiden; however upon completing the game you will receive a Karma score which will then be posted on a leaderboard.
Oh, that sounds interesting. :) I like that a lot. :) So, I hear that Rachel is from the Vigoorian Empire, is that some fictional place? :)

Excellent...This game deserves to be huge on PS3. I will be getting it on release day :)
You guys were VERY wise for picking it up.

I also heard a rumour that Team Ninja is working on Ninja Gaiden 2 for the 360. That will also rock!!!!!!!!
Too bad I don't have a PS3. :( I wish I could play as the lovely Rachel. I heard that too, that it's coming to the Xbox 360. I hope this is true. I can't wait to get it. And I hope Rachel is still in the game. :D

Umah Bloodomen
3rd Jul 2007, 13:15
Yay! (Did I mention I love Ninja Gaiden?) :D

rross46
9th Jul 2007, 01:42
Ninja Gaiden...I had this on the SEGA Master System and I think PS1 (Can't remember if it was same title). This looks to be a swell game, pity I don't have a PS3 yet but good to see some old skool titles getting rebirthed on the next gen scene.

Mrs Croft
12th Jul 2007, 16:50
Hey it's on the Xbox too!! :rasp:

NightRain'06
20th Jul 2007, 06:08
I don't have an X-Box 360 and I never intend to get one. LOL That being said, I'll maybe get NGS for PS3... Once I buy my own PS3. :o

A while back I've been watching gameplay trailers and in them, the director of the game at an expo or game convention was demonstrating it. Sorry but I don't have the link. But to those who know what I'm talking about, judging from those trailers, do you think there's stealth- where the player must hide around corners and shadows to avoid detection, etc. ? Kind of like Tenchu series ?
Reason why I'm asking this is because granted that the demo played had the character running in or around a mountainside or wherever. It was daylight in the demo so the director was breezing through it. I'm sure there is stealth but just by those trailers, it seemed doubtful. Maybe I'm just pessimistic ? :scratch:
I've never played NG for X-Box either so can someone help me out about the stealth ? :)

Azlon
21st Aug 2007, 16:10
Will Ninja Gaiden 2 becoming out on the PS3 or will it just be out for the Xbox 360?:scratch:

Mrs Croft
11th Sep 2007, 16:48
Will Ninja Gaiden 2 becoming out on the PS3 or will it just be out for the Xbox 360?:scratch:

360 exclusive at the moment! I've found the first screens too! :)
http://www.gamingbits.com/content/view/2698/2/

NightRain'06
16th Sep 2007, 17:18
I bought the game with my PS3. Made it to playing as Rachel. So far, so good ! :)

I was expecting stealth, Guess not.

Singstar90210
30th Nov 2008, 01:22
I LOVE RYU!

NGII looks awesome! Unless I can fly over to Florida, I would have to wait until August just to purchase both NGI and II.
Are they going to input some stuff from the NES and DOA storylines? I know Ayane's in the NGI, but is Ryu still married to Irene?

WhatsHisFace
1st Jun 2009, 01:59
I just want to say, Ninja Gaiden is a really, really awesome game.

NoStoneUnturned
6th Dec 2009, 07:47
How do you beat over 30 of those devil guys in a row on very hard?? The part in the end where you have to go through the portal in the city next to the old-man’s real-physical shop.

I’ve been working on it for weeks and am getting better, however I’m being force to treat it like it is a chess game (both strategy and tactics) and its getting pretty complicated. I’ve never been forced to put this much thought into a video game before and I was just wondering if there is some easier way that I’m missing.

Tactics:
My basic tactic is to counter attack one while trying to dodge the floor-fireballs being made by the other two. I find that to do any real consistent damage I have to counter attack most of the times. I use the short counter attack with the Dragon Sword so that I usually have enough time to dodge any surprise floor-fireballs that start to form. When there are two floor-fireballs already formed (and I have dodged them successfully) then I attempt the longer, more powerful, counter attack with the Dragon Sword. At the same time, I use explosive arrows whenever I find it appropriate (when 2 floor fireballs are formed and the 3rd guy that I’m facing directly is not directly attackable). Finally, once I get one to “rage” (turn all dark) I use a Nimpo fireball mixed with the same tactics above to kill them.

Other tactics I'm working on include rolling through their sword attacks so I'm right next to them but without being attackable for a split moment. There I can attempt to get one or two slashes in... it works sometimes but at the moment results in me getting hit some because I haven’t really memorized all the move sequences of these devil guys yet so I sometimes try to attack when they are still moveable... Obviously, I have some kinks to work out here.

Strategies:
The strategies I have are just to try to dodge the floor-fireballs without making opportunities for them to attack me in my rolling or jumping; to roll away from the devil guys instead of rolling next to them. Also, just staying around one devil at a time if possible helps to avoid attacks of opportunities that are not defendable. Staying around the wall also can help in certain situations as well as killing the "raged" devils as soon as possible to prevent them from shooting their super fireball (the one that takes half of your lifebar away)

By the time I die I’ve usually used up everything I have: 2 T-of-rebirth, 3 full healers, 6 small healers, 3 full devil’s elixirs, and 5 single devil’s elixirs. I’ve recently got up to 87 kills (the last 30 being the devils and the rest being spider ninjas, of course). I have no idea how many more I have to kill to finish it. I’m guessing 100 or 90.

Again I’m just wondering if I’m missing some simple way of beating these guys or if I just have to learn to get hit less with the tactics and strategies I already have…

ariakerry
13th Oct 2010, 10:26
assignment help (http://www.assignmentwritinghelp.co.uk)

sabilamalik
10th Jul 2012, 06:38
Ninja Gaiden 3 or Resident Evil Operation Raccoon city?
so both games are coming out on Tuesday.My dad said i can get a game but i am only choosing one. I saw the trailer on ign and they both look great but i need help deciding which one to get. Please help!

gamemodapk
16th Nov 2018, 02:36
Ninja Gaiden...I had this on the SEGA Master System and I figure PS1 ( gamesmodapk.info (https://gamesmodapk.info) ). This seems to be a swell diversion, feel sorry for I don't have a PS3 yet great to see some old skool titles getting rebirthed on the cutting edge scene.

kontetinto
8th Jan 2019, 01:30
The game is fun and engaging but only for Ninja Gaiden fans. Having played the first few hours, I really enjoyed my time so far. It looks like a very nice spectacle fighter. Unfortunately the camera is fixed and you cannot adjust it yourself. Some people hate this but as I said for fans its not problem. Will play some more to give whole opinion.