PDA

View Full Version : TRA has to repair my savegame??? Again!!

est1856
18th Jun 2007, 21:56
I've had this happen twice now. :( In order to complete the game I have to start at the begining again.

The following did not work.

Q: My savegames do not work anymore
A: Go to C:/.../MyDocuments/Eidos/Tomb Raider - Anniversary and rename the Eidos folder to Eidosold.

Start the game again (it will of course start a new game), go to the first checkpoint and save the game. Load that newly saved savegame to make sure it works.

Then you copy the content of your old Tomb Raider - Anniversary folder into the new Tomb Raider - Anniversary folder and you should have your savegames back working.

aussie500
19th Jun 2007, 05:28
The quote is only for damaged profiles, your savegames are not damaged, your auto save was, start a new game, save then load one of your save games. And make sure you play the game from the disc as its makers intended if you do not want it to happen again.

est1856
19th Jun 2007, 07:50
The quote is only for damaged profiles, your savegames are not damaged, your auto save was, start a new game, save then load one of your save games. And make sure you play the game from the disc as its makers intended if you do not want it to happen again.

From the disk? what does that mean, the disk has to be in the drive to play it. :scratch:

Auto save or savegame, whats the difference?

aussie500
19th Jun 2007, 07:58
People who are using the NoCD crack have been having trouble with corrupt autosaves. If you are using the disc you will probably need to say what version it is and the country of purchase so Eidos can look at the problem.

Savegames you manually save, autosave is done automatically. If the autosave is unreadable you will have to start a new game and save before you can load one of your old savegames.