PDA

View Full Version : MISC. My thoughts (variety of things)...my recyclable thread ;)

lucinvampire
14th Nov 2013, 21:41
This post is thoughts from today that's 14/11/13 (my second time on Nosgoth on Alpha) and here we go...keep your hands and feet inside the forum at all times... :D

First for all I had sound and it's epic - love the music, voicing, noises etc...though the Reaver sounds a bit of a pansy when he jumps off of something lol...think he needs to be more butch?! ;)

Got stuck in the 'chat' bit actually in a game, didn't realise I'd done it and couldn't move and wondered what the hell was going on at one point...luckily no one was actually around at that point to kill me haha. I was thinking though with the team chat you would hear it over the top of the game (I don't know if there is a different setting for this) but I like the fact its not there - but it would be good for if you are playing serious matches against other clans. Probably just haven't found it yet.

I find the vampires really hard and a bit of a challenge to play they are easy as in buttons and function - maybe 'cause it's taking a bit longer to get used to them. The humans though see a lot easier to pick up and I don't know smoother...maybe its just the whole projectile weapon thing. I think it's harder to be a vampire than a human...I don't know if this is a balance thing but looking at the scores the teams I was in 'seemed' to do better as humans than when vampires...but maybe that's the point heh.

I got a chance this time to alternate between all the classes both humans and vampires...I didn't get to the other day so that was my goal tonight. I'd mentioned what I liked about the three I'd played the other night. It probably made it harder chopping and changing between characters but it did give a good variety of game-play/playability- it was good to compare the characters and how they function. The game has such a good variety which is nice, so you can find one class you like. As I said above I am finding it quite hard to find a class of vampire that I can play at any time well. The humans though I think they are all wonderful, they all have great ranged abilities. I really like shooting arrows at Sentinels that's so much fun - it's even better when you are one and you plummet to your death. Why do I like humans...I hate them I mean...damn them...I need vampires! :thumb:

I have been finding it quite hard if you get separated from your team trying to relocate them...I know they move but is there something more obvious that can be done in the map - better colouring? so you can easily see people? at a distance...I'm talking the HUD map not the actual game screen...I know they are quite obvious when close and you get the washed out arrow thingy too which is good.

I found it a little hard to focus my eyes at points in the game - I think it was with certain background/plants and then people - but I think this is just something to get used to...I must not get distracted by dead people hanging from trees - but they are so cooooool.

I had no server issues tonight or getting stuck authenticating from 0...1 which was amazing - it just counted me in once and bang was on the server queuing for a game, which was pretty good. First two games got filled really quick which was good the last one took a bit of a while which was pretty boring...though I had found the chat by then so just annoyed people for entertainment value...'cause what else is there to do. I take it when there are more players - that things will fill up quicker - I know add people to my friends but yeah I mean if you don't have any friends...on here that is - I have friends honest - or are a noob to the game.

I wrote something about fire bums on my notes but I think that means fire burns...as in I thought it was good that as a human it hurts you too - obviously - but it's a nice touch it doesn't just hurt the vampires.

I found some of the matches/games were kind of even but some where pretty hard - if there were some hard core players - who are either REALLY GOOD at gaming or having been playing this a while *wink* then it became quite hard for people who were in-experienced - in the game - and don't really have a clue what the buttons are or what to do. I still don't know what I'm supposed to be doing...finally figured out how to pounce as Reaver which was good though...but that took a while - you get what I mean. Maybe when the game is live that it needs some sort of matching - match him like this - system? Yes dying is terribly fun and amusing but I can see that annoying quite a few people.

On the lobby Hub screen whilst in between games - is there a possibility of making the text in the chat box a bit bigger? - it was really small and hard to read.

The only in game bug I really experienced...if it is a bug is when I died - it didn't happen all the time hence why I wonder if it is a bug and I'm sure it didn't happen the other day on my first play but when I died...yes it happened a lot - we all have to be good at something. Is my camera would be like watching someone else play...or maybe it was me being killed...like a re-play. I don't know I got confused - but then the box popped up saying "you have been killed by...you really suck at this game" haha it didn't really say that.

Just want to finish and say some of you guys/girls are awesome - dying by your hands is so much fun :D can't wait until the next session oh yeah baby! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

And remember people recycle - its good for the environment and its good for you :wave:

Strike5150
14th Nov 2013, 22:39
Yea there are a number of us including the devs that have played at least 5-6 playtests already. The difference in experience is sometimes quite noticeable. Don't worry that gap will close quickly, and will start dishing out some death of your own :).

I'm having a lot of fun with the game too, and I gotta look at some hanging corpses lol. I was too focused on playing to notice the environment, I'm bad like that hehe.

lucinvampire
15th Nov 2013, 07:16
You're so lucky, are you enjoying it? :D hopefully it won't take too long to pick up, the environments are great I wish there was more time to look around... They've done such a good job its a shame not to appreciate it lol

lucinvampire
18th Nov 2013, 20:30
As the title says I'm recycling this thread - this time today is 18 Nov 13... ;)

Ok I had some issues tonight - and not just because I STILL completely suck at this game - man can I not wait until there is controller support for this game - anyhow...

I think the area was Valeholm (EU 268958)...my first game - if you want the logs pinged over shout!

The server was fine didn't have any issues loading, though it did take a tiny bit longer than Thursday, finding a match took a while but that's expected with limited players and if people are in games...

The game though I chose Reaver for the first (vampire) set and I stuck with him just because of the issues - mainly to find out what else was wrong - so sorry team mates!

-Got stuck hanging from mid-air unable to do anything (yep the magical floating man was back) and I mean anything apart from hang there like a piece of fruit on a tree. The shot of Reavers rear end ain't that pretty to look at! :eek: I couldn't do anything until death (re-spawn), even after one arrow shot I was still stuck there.

-Reaver also continue climbing when the roof tops had ended - yep apparently this vampire currently also has the ability to scale air which is pretty cool but basically sucks in the I should really be on top of this roof by now.

-The graphics bottomed out at some point when I started to scale another building and like magic Reaver made it disappear - the building kind of morphed in and out of phase so to put it.

I re-tried Reaver on my second game - same area and same server and had some of the similar issues in that he would continue to scale a building higher than the buildings roof but none of the other issues - though didn't go to the same buildings.

Once again everyone - sorry for being the worst player ever... :D

Syst3mzero
19th Nov 2013, 00:21
Oh dear! sounds like you had a bad night, I will rub it in by saying mine worked perfectly all night and I had a fantastic evening, I even found the balance to be perfect too. :P

Just a thought but it might be handy to know your ping, I have seen ping effect things like the climbing issue in other games so they will probably want to rule that out. you should deffo report this to Nosgothbugs@square-enix.com this will be the exact kind of things they will be wanting to know, don't just hope they will stumble across it.

See the "OTHER SPECIFIC INFO REQUESTED FROM ALL PLAY SESSION TESTERS" well this is exactly what Monkeythumbz was talking about.

Hi everybody,

For today's Alpha play session, we'd like you to submit specific information via e-mail to Nosgothbugs@square-enix.com when you encounter problems with the game, particularly when connecting with the servers, to help us identify the current issues.

You may encounter some server connection issues, even though the servers will definitely be up and running at the times stated here: NOSGOTH CLOSED ALPHA TESTING SCHEDULE (http://nosgoth.com/servers)

Please be aware that if we notice problems on certain servers we will switch to other servers, which may cause some users to temporarily drop out of the game.

Please would you send us the following:

Description: What were you doing, what were others doing, what other abnormalities occurred?
Steps to reproduce, starting from when you boot the title to the best of your recollection.
Provance
Freeport
Valeholm
Store
Lobby
Armory
Inventory

Server name: We have added the server name to the lobby and in-game score screens. When reporting a bug, it would be a great help to us if you could also report what game you were in.
Attached log file, located in your directory here:

Steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth\BCMPGame\Logs\Launch.log

Your internet bandwidth connection speed

Please send in a SpeedTest (http://www.speedtest.net/) report, as your ISP advertised speed and actual speed may vary.

Your DxDiag

How to make a DxDiag (http://www.heroesandgenerals.com/community/development/bug-reporting/how-to-make-a-dxdiag) (courtesy of our friends over at Heroes & Generals (http://www.heroesandgenerals.com/))

I will then forward your e-mails directly to Psyonix (http://www.psyonix.com/).

lucinvampire
19th Nov 2013, 07:52
Yeah was a bit of a bad one...
Thanks for your thoughts... I'll send it over to them tonight when I'm back online properly :D

Psyonix_Eric
19th Nov 2013, 09:15
I would definitely ask that if you see it happening again, lucin, that you check your ping. Easiest way is to hit Tab to bring up the scoreboard and it's the numbers next to your Steam avatar. I know that I've seen similar stuff happening when we play on the EU servers, and coming from the west coast USA that's quite a few hops across the pond so our pings are much higher than everyone else. There still could be something else wrong, but high ping is always one of the first culprits in an online game.

lucinvampire
19th Nov 2013, 17:25
Thanks Eric... I'll be sure to check that if I encounter any more issues :D

EDIT: Tonight (19th) seemed better, only had a few issues with Reaver on a couple of buildings and levitating for a bit but it picked up again after a while so just thinking its a bit of slow down bluhhhh. Seems strange though I only get the problems with him...all the others are fully functional.
Good night for it :D

lucinvampire
20th Nov 2013, 20:53
Ok...today - ummm I don't know any more...I know it's Weds if that helps :scratch:

Didn't really post much yesterday because I didn't really have much go on apart from having fun games - though did have the lag thing again but for only a short while.

Tonight it was back though - was on EU228228 and Freeport for the first vampire game I got the weird this thing wont do anything by the time it does I'm dead (not much change from usual I know). It did the same climbing in the air thing etc too.

Another issue is I played Sentinel for a bit and had a bit of an error in that I kept flying into walls and then couldn't get away from them - managed to get direction right/left eventually some times but other times would kind of get stuck and just be levitating in one spot. It was really hard and for some reason it wouldn't let me drop out of flight mode.

After that though the game just lagged for a bit but it was bearable and payable so it wasn't too bad, by the time things moved onto the next game everything was fully functional though and all fine and dandy :D

EDIT: Something I noticed last night and I just wanted to know why really...when I die sometimes as a vampire it comes up saying re-spawn and counts down from like what about 10 seconds, other times it comes up saying auto-load and counts down from about 40 or so...what's the reasoning?

lucinvampire
21st Nov 2013, 20:35
Today is Thursday and its the 21st...

New build which was great! Didn't have any lags or bugs or issues tonight - servers were good - everything was smooth sailing in the world of Nosgoth!

I just want to say having this "New Recruits" section available on the build today has been fantastic :D it has made the game so much more enjoyable when the matches are so much more even - it's nice to stand a chance to stay alive and actually do some damage! A wonderful job devs :thumb: I really can't stress enough how AWESOME this is!!!!!

That is all today :D because everything is peachy! yay :D

EDIT: tell a lie there was something I just remembered - the first match I played in the noob area was only one round - after first game finished it bought up the first round scores and then said returning to lobby and there was no second game. After that though there was two rounds - so a bit strange!

Psyonix_Eric
21st Nov 2013, 21:28
EDIT: Something I noticed last night and I just wanted to know why really...when I die sometimes as a vampire it comes up saying re-spawn and counts down from like what about 10 seconds, other times it comes up saying auto-load and counts down from about 40 or so...what's the reasoning?

The normal countdown is 10 seconds, but if you hit the Loadout button it will go up to 30 seconds because it assumes that you are trying to change your loadout, or change your class, or both, so it gives you more time.

I'm glad today's test went better with the noob zone. :)

lucinvampire
22nd Nov 2013, 15:56
Ok thank you for the comfirmation :D I thought it had broke or was just being bizzare - obviously I hit da button in excitement without realising it!

YES YES YES NOOBS AREA IS THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD - if you knew how much I liked bread then you'd understand how awesome this is!!!!! I'm not dying every 2 seconds now - actually stand a chance, killing things and enjoying the game so much more! You are truly gods amongst men now in my books :D not that you weren't already.

For the last couple of nights I've had dodging issues...I think it's my keyboard though so will try with a different one next time and see.

EDIT : Tonight being Friday... I've had the no sound issue again, had to load in and out of game three times before it kicked in. Computer was playing sound so no issue there!

EDIT 2: couldn't even get a game in tonight... Just queued for about 20 mins - oh well - sad times, :(

lucinvampire
25th Nov 2013, 20:36
So tonight being 25th of November - wow nearly xmas *shudders* anyway...

Didn't have any issues tonight - well not any major ones - no lag etc, all shiny - still looks good from last update :D

The only thing is I think when I died at one point - think it was my first game I got sucked into the floor a little but you know I was dead so it was expected.

Those shrubs are really hard to see through....man they need to be trimmed a little - don't think much of the gardener ;)

Is it me or do the vampires sound like Goa'uld :lol:

lucinvampire
26th Nov 2013, 20:18
Another day another dollar....ok its the 26th Nov...

Only had one issue all night tonight - was playing my second game in the Freeport area as human (Alchemist) and was over in the left hand corner of the water area (left of the bridge when looking out at water) ended up getting knocked into the fence post on the corner - got stuck there - had a fit for quite a while - couldn't get off. Luckily some kind vampire came along and tried to kill me - failed for some reason I seemed to have gone out of phase but then he used an ability and it killed me...

...I was dead but at least I was free :D

RainaAudron
26th Nov 2013, 21:52
I must say playing against lv10+ was really hard and frustrating, since I was lv1 but once we got into the new recruit lobby with similar low level players, the enjoyability went up by 100%.

Btw, not sure where should I mention this that me and Lucy purchased the alternate skins but we did not see them in the game. I saw mine on the first game I´ve played after I purchased them, but afterwards I couldn´t see the skins in the game, only the default ones.

lucinvampire
26th Nov 2013, 22:52
Yeah agreed, it is much more enjoyable when you get into a game where you can play against similar levels :D

I found out what you do to get them to load, when you get into a game and you're at the character options screen, you click on the tab at the top that says the characters class and either 0 or, 1...then you find the one you modded and click the play button :D. Sorry was planning to message you this but you beat me to it lol

Psyonix_Corey
26th Nov 2013, 23:31
I must say playing against lv10+ was really hard and frustrating, since I was lv1 but once we got into the new recruit lobby with similar low level players, the enjoyability went up by 100%.

Btw, not sure where should I mention this that me and Lucy purchased the alternate skins but we did not see them in the game. I saw mine on the first game I´ve played after I purchased them, but afterwards I couldn´t see the skins in the game, only the default ones.

There's a known bug with the alternate skins on the live servers that we haven't been able to track down. It's been a lower priority since you guys can't buy the skins yet, though it sounds like you got a hookup on Runestones from Square London? =p

hirukaru
26th Nov 2013, 23:42
There's a known bug with the alternate skins on the live servers that we haven't been able to track down. It's been a lower priority since you guys can't buy the skins yet, though it sounds like you got a hookup on Runestones from Square London? =p

Unfair.
I gonna spam Square.
But na I don't mind I made a deal with Mark already :D Not that, that deal will ever succeed.

Was fun playing against you btw Raina, sorry I killed you so much. I Always kill people with alternative skins. (And I thought you where Mark)

lucinvampire
27th Nov 2013, 08:51
Ok – good to know there is a known issue with it – hope it gets fixed soon because these skins are sweet! :D

That Alchemist triple shot device and the flame thrower wow soooooo hot!

@Raina was it you with those sticky grenades last night? Got to get some of those :D

EDIT: I do have question about the abilities though – how comes Echolocation was chosen to be a Sentinel ability – rather than a Tyrant one? Wasn’t it really seen more as a Turelim power in previous games?

RainaAudron
27th Nov 2013, 13:50
Corey: Oh I see now. I really like the alternate skins, especially my purple Dumahim, that armor is really cool. Yeah, me and Lucy got a nice supply of rune stones ;) Hopefully it will be fixed, want to show off those awesome skins at least, since I don´t play too well yet, hehe :D

Lucy - Hmm I might have? Not really sure since I was playing as Alchemist only once... I prefer playing as Scout currently :) that turret thingy he has is pretty useful.

Hirukaru - Oh yeah, I bet you enjoyed ripping me to pieces... but one day I´ll get a payback! :P

lucinvampire
27th Nov 2013, 14:26
Yeah they had to give us something to compensate for how bad (at the moment) we are at the game lol.

Ohhhh may have to give that a go too – that turret did look epic going off – I was like what the hell when I ran out a building – and then thought oh it’s ok its just Raina going nuts with the gadgets :D Glad you are enjoying Scout class!

Customising is so much fun!!!!! :D I only wish though you could customise the costumes more – as in say put different gauntlets on with different chest plates – to make the character more individual. I wanted some pig-tales for my Tyrant.

RainaAudron
27th Nov 2013, 14:37
Haha, yes, that turret is really useful, but I´m not sure - can it do damage to humans as well? Just bought the sticky grenades for hunter, will see how it works later tonight :)

I really like that there are so many different skills and items for buying, good variety!

lucinvampire
27th Nov 2013, 15:25
Set the turret off when we're both near each other in a game - I'll happily run into it to find out! - It might give me more "suicide" points then...and what classes as suicide anyway? - I seemed to have wracked a couple and don't know how lol.

Hold on a minute that just reminded me what happened to the crows in Freeport? I haven't seen any in the alpha - have they been removed?

RainaAudron
27th Nov 2013, 16:58
Hmm, I would have sworn I got hit by the turret but I am not sure tbh :/

Yeah, I haven´t seen any crows either!

Psyonix_Eric
27th Nov 2013, 18:40
Hmm, I would have sworn I got hit by the turret but I am not sure tbh :/

Yeah, I haven´t seen any crows either!

They should still be there. I see them on my end at least.

RainaAudron
27th Nov 2013, 18:48
Damn, have to look better then :)

Psyonix_Eric
27th Nov 2013, 19:35
Damn, have to look better then :)

It's always possible something is wrong. This is alpha after all. If you guys don't see them just let me know and I'll look into it more.

Amorbis
27th Nov 2013, 19:39
I can say I've never seen a crow either, but I haven't really been looking out for anything like that. The next time I'm on Freeport I'll try to remember if I can spot one. Is there a specific location they hang about or do they fly around the entire map?

Psyonix_Eric
27th Nov 2013, 19:53
I can say I've never seen a crow either, but I haven't really been looking out for anything like that. The next time I'm on Freeport I'll try to remember if I can spot one. Is there a specific location they hang about or do they fly around the entire map?

There are a few spots that they can be found. They don't fly around. There are some that are easy to find (or should be) on the docks around some of the dead bodies, feasting as carrion often does.

lucinvampire
27th Nov 2013, 20:53
They should still be there. I see them on my end at least.

Ok cool - I know there was some on the barrels by the docks - but not seen any since Alpha - I will make sure I look tomorrow night if I end up playing that map :)

And this thread has now become "bird watching in Nosgoth" - will we get to see some migrating swallows next?

And now onto the game tonight being the 27 Nov...

Had a few minor glitches in my second game, screen went a bit crazy at one point in Freeport and a bit of lag - climbing that air again - but that was all - apart from that all sparkly! - well and my skins only worked in the first game :'(

Got to play in Valeholm tonight which I've not been to before - I don't think - usually get Freeport and Provance - so was nice to see a different map - didn't have any issues there. :thumb:

Got into two games really quickly - one loaded within about 2 seconds (I think someone must have dropped out) and then a noob game which was really really fun and entertaining :D which started very quickly within under a minute which was good - after that the third game though we waited and couldn't get in then we did and the servers went down boooooooooo.

Oh Raina - you can kill yourself at least with the turret - I managed it - another Suicide point for me :D

EDIT: I just had something else I meant to ask...is the time limit on the purchased abilities/custom stuff going to remain and be the same length of time - when the game goes live? I noticed when I got a couple of bits tonight it says "this lasts for 7 days" I take it after that time if you want to keep it you'll have to re-purchase? Or does it depend if you use gold or runes?

RainaAudron
27th Nov 2013, 22:09
Oh, thanks for that Lucy, I noticed it hit me today when I got closer, good to know :D

Yeah, I was wondering about the items as well - so far I was purchasing everything permanently, will the items/abilities I purchased be all gone by the end of alpha? Don´t know if I should spend all my rune stones :D

Psyonix_Corey
28th Nov 2013, 00:29
We are not planning on wiping things when transitioning from Alpha to Beta. We'd like you guys to feel like your time is being invested and not getting "wiped" at the end of any test period.

That said, if for some major bug or economy reason we DID have to do a wipe, you would not lose your currency, it would be refunded. So if you spend 500 Runes on Weapons and we reset inventories, you'd get your 500 Runes back.

A couple quick miscellaneous answers:
- Scout Turret only hurts the Scout who uses it. There are no abilities in the game that can damage teammates, but most Area-of-Effect abilities will hurt the person who deploys them at a reduced rate to discourage "camping" inside your own AOE.
- Items with expiration timers are supposed to become disabled when they run out, though we may offer you the ability to renew or purchase them outright for a period before they are automatically deleted from your inventory. We're trying to avoid a situation where the 3-Day "Savage Pounce" you found after a match expires overnight and you log in the next day to a hole in your Reaver loadout. Uncommon and Rare items will require upkeep (gold or runes) as well, but they will not disappear ever, only lose their special benefits until you recharge them.

lucinvampire
28th Nov 2013, 13:16
Thank you Corey for the answers :D very much appreciated!

I have another question about abilities and hope someone can help...
Ok so lets say you set your Reaver up for savage pounce - then half way through the game you think no that's bad I want to change it - is there or will there be an option on the 'load outs' screen where you can change your abilities/swap them out - or do you have to wait until that game has ended before you can go back to the armoury and amend them? I think it would be cool if you can swap your powers around whilst you have died in a game :D

Lomonop
28th Nov 2013, 14:25
I saw one once. I shot at it, but it didn't react :(.

RainaAudron
28th Nov 2013, 14:26
Good to hear Corey, I was a bit worried since I got used to the builds of vampires/humans I made and it would be a shame to start over..

Lucy - you can change the loadouts right after you die, just click the loadout button and then you can select new abilities. I did it yesterday and it works well :)

lucinvampire
28th Nov 2013, 14:51
Lomo lol good try - did it not move at all? :D thank you for letting us know they're still about!

Raina ok thanks for letting me know - I knew you could change character but not the abilities - woohoo - do you just click on the ability to do it? or is there a tab you select? I'll have to have a play later with this :D

RainaAudron
28th Nov 2013, 14:53
Yeah, just click on the ability in the loadout and it will give you an option to swap it out :) try it out tonight ;)

lucinvampire
29th Nov 2013, 10:08
Raina - thanks :D I forgot to try that too lol

The night being 28th Nov…yeah I know I’m late on this one…
First of all nothing really wrong with the game last night – a bit of lag on the first match – which seems to always be the case!? After playing first round/game it seems to clear up – bit strange! That was about it – all shiny :D
Had problems finding the accept invite…as well as buying stuff…but those are other threads ;)

lucinvampire
30th Nov 2013, 14:33
Ok the night being the 29th Nov…

I played across the pond last night and went on the US servers instead of the EU ones :D

For the most part the whole playing wasn’t too bad, the first game (as it always seems every night) was a big laggy – climbing air and all that jazz. The second game was completely fine – no lag, no issues or anything - perfecto. The third game was pretty dire – in that parts of it I can’t remember if it was the first or second match – I was a vampire in Valeholm anyway but it was so laggy it was almost impossible to play – it was like I had Kain’s teleport ability at points!

That was all though – the game really didn’t itself have any bugs or issues – apart from I did get stuck in a bush and have issues with some corners – just getting a tad stuck – occasionally in Freeport – the only thing I would note is jumping into the sea at Freeport as a vampire is a bad idea :lol: "it burns" – I really didn’t expect the Tyrant jump to take me nearly 1/4 of the length of the map! The only thing is when I died it said the usually 'suicide' but I then just got view of the water level and seemed to be able to move - well the camera moved as if I was moving though I couldn't see as I the character was underwater as if I still existed and could still move?! After about what seemed about 30 seconds I re-spawned. Just a bit strange. :scratch:

Oh one more thing I noticed the last game was down as New Recruits but I don’t know how that happened all the players were different levels, there were some lower levels (under 5) but there were also people who were over level 8 so seemed a bit odd. I joined the game and didn’t search myself so not sure where the game was searched – or if it just didn’t appear on my screen right. :D

lucinvampire
2nd Dec 2013, 21:46
Ok so today is Mon 2 Dec - hope you all had epic weekends... :thumb:

1 - In Valeholm - had a really funny lag issue when Tyrant climbed the invisible empire state building - as big as the big building in Valeholm but I was climbing a bungalow - he was well up high...then it freaked out and was back to normal. I kept getting kicked out the game - my Steam would chuck me out to my desktop - the game would still be running and by the time I got back in I was dead - this happened probably about 6 times total (luckily some at times where I'd re-spawned in safety) - I think this may have been Steam or the computer and not the game though.

2 - Valeholm EU268924 - when attacking - noticed especially with Reaver when doing savage pounce that when he attacked he made some sort of clicking noise - like when you have a really old mouse and you click really really fast and Windows makes that really bad old school clicking noise. Anyway though it was amusing and he sounded like he should be in Skippy the Bush Kangaroo I don't think that should be how it sounds.

3 - Provance this time and I had the same weird Skippy the Bush Kangaroo communication clicking noise - this time for Tyrant and Reaver. I kept getting stuck in trees and corners tonight - that shrubbery is a mighty downfall of the Reavers pounce lol.

As mentioned elsewhere - Steam had some major issues - with not allowing me to join games it'd been invited to, as well as overplaying boxes and not allowing me to invite people properly - it was like I was playing solitaire with Steam tonight - sadly it seemed to always win!

That's it for tonight :D had the most amazing night of dying - this night shall always be known as "mega death" - oh and sorry guys/gals I didn't get into any invited games (apart from one which worked) - I kept getting chucked in half run games or was the last player - then received your invites :( hope to catch you tomorrow though :D

EDIT:…yep a pretty big edit I know… :D

I noticed this on Friday and forgot to mention it – the symbols on the lobby screen before you hit the search button – you know on the left where it shows the New Recruits & Death Match panels – the symbol looks awfully similar to a version of the Kain’s clan symbol. Would I be correct in thinking this?

“Charge of the Tyrant brigade” does it hurt when you run into walls? Tyrant loves ploughing into them and making a dent…I wonder if this causes damage :D

I forgot to note – I gave Sentinel a try last night for a couple of times (after someone saying do it) – it was pretty neat! Planning to give him another whirl but will probably die a lot…

Oh I meant to say – the last game I played was really funny in that everyone seemed to randomly pick the same characters – I know the team I was on did with no “pick this guy” texts – it was just by coincidence – it made the game very amusing! :D

…I can no longer play in the noob zone *cries* in the words of Apophis "I am afraid".

Strike5150
3rd Dec 2013, 13:54
Welcome to the big leagues, I look forward to training you properly. :naughty:

RainaAudron
3rd Dec 2013, 14:14
Hey Lucy, yeah, I was wondering what was the problem yesterday with joining and inviting you, Jeffers had some troubles as well...

Coincidentally, I´ve started playing more as Razielim as well! Was pretty good, though still need to learn him better :)

I noticed the similarity to Kain´s symbol on the buttons as well.. ;) Yesterday I got some weird glitch with player slots (had 10 and then an uneven number on both sides, lol, sent screens to the bug report email).

I´m stuck in the regular deathmatches as well, so hopefully we can play together tonight again :)

lucinvampire
3rd Dec 2013, 21:06
Glad you're enjoying the Razielim and are getting to grips with him :D
Yeah noticed it a while ago and didn't think much of it but then when looking Friday it looks like Kain's symbol has been modded - upgraded?
Good to see you tonight Raina - hope we all get to have a game tomorrow then :)

Tonight’s being Tue 3 Dec…

Freeport

-Had online suite not available part way through the game – then it kicked in again once I was dead.
-Lag error again with being really high – had a few other errors where got stuck in corners again and/or the game would jump (like it was a bad DVD).
-When the match ends and the scores come up I either get a red or green line that runs the bottom length of the page, I noticed it last night – and it’s still there tonight.
-Still getting that clicking points noise over taking the attack noise on the attacks.

Valeholm
-Got stuck in many places - due to lag.

Provance
-Really bad lagging and game jumping about a lot nearly to the point of unplayable,it's hard to explain (as above broken DVD playing).

JanusDominus
3rd Dec 2013, 21:43
“Charge of the Tyrant brigade” does it hurt when you run into walls? Tyrant loves ploughing into them and making a dent…I wonder if this causes damageNope, I don't remember getting damage from it.
Was nice to play with you two.

lucinvampire
4th Dec 2013, 21:51
Nope, I don't remember getting damage from it.
Was nice to play with you two.

Thanks Janus - it's good to know :D yep it sure was...hopefully our paths will cross again soon.

Oh the most important thing before I forget again is - I found the crows in Freeport yesterday - yay – I love those crows :D

Ok so tonight being the 4 Dec – the below will be messaged to the bugs email as well as posted here for all to see…as these are more important issues than my normal waffle I put here…

1. Myself and Raina had issues trying to get on tonight and received the message “no servers” we managed to get this sorted by logging out of Steam and back in again, though I required a full reboot, but it still wouldn't allow me to accept any requests as it kept saying “Server game not available” or something along those lines.

2. When in lobby and it is placed me in a team/lobby I noticed that on the left hand side in the bottom box which indicates which type of game you are searching on – mine always says New Recruit – I know I completely suck at this but the New Recruits section has been removed as I’ve finally reached level 6 – this happens when I am searching on Team Deathmatch.

3. In the Settings (gear in top right of page) when clicking on the video advanced options two clicks are required to access it and not the usual one. (Reported to me by user and not something I have personally wrong).

Apart from a tiny bit of lag – much better playability than yesterday – but I was so bad at tonight’s games – it’s either because the teams I was against were really good or I am too tired to function anymore – though the last team I was in ruled!

Anyway have an epic rest of the week - see you on Tues :D

lucinvampire
10th Dec 2013, 21:25
I haven't updated this in a while... :D

I managed to get a couple of games - one on Thu 6 Dec & one on Mon 9 Dec which had zero issues and seemed to function perfectly fine...though I did get in trouble in real life but that is another story - oh word of advice...don't play and then answer the phone - it involves all manner of deaths!

Tonight being Tue 10 Dec... :D

I noticed the update reset all the loadouts...well they'd expired - damn you for fixing this bug :lol: had to go buy them all again :'( didn't notice until I was in a game but...

With the loadouts being reset I realised - if you have standard weaponry/skills the skins show - as soon as you apply the add-ons you end up back in the standard (or intermittently working skin)...think I might make a thread on this.

The first game started in Freeport where I was the only player in the team vs a full team (see technical thread for details).

In the second game I had really bad lag in that the game was nearly unplayable - I kept being in one place and then another, and it was all I don't know how to explain it jumpy, glitchy, jerky?!!? I can't even remember if it was Provance or Valeholm to tell you the truth.

Third game in Valeholm was alright - was playable compared to second one. :D

lucinvampire
11th Dec 2013, 21:27
Tonight being the 11 Dec 13 :D...and it was a night of oohhh lets get stuck in Nosgoth - no not get stuck playing - but getting stuck...hmmm

-I purchased some Perks tonight (which I haven't before) the two human perks I bought are fine but the vampire one - Bloodlust - which I got for 7 days - expired even before I got into a game! - so I didn't even get to use it boooo. I think some I purchased with gold and some with runes so not sure if that makes a difference - or if it was going by original BO time :lol: (got a screen shot of what it was showing on my loadout screen).

-On searching after my second game - the same issue of searching in Team Deathmatch happened with it saying I was searching in New Recruit (which I don't have access too) - it seemed to only be what was written there though as there were higher level players in the lobby/game.

Now onto the actual gameage...

First game in Valeholm...

-Reaver - In the corner where the bridge type walkway is with all the steps going up - I tried to climb the wall there and got stuck it was the bit of wall to the right where the steps lead onto the tops of the buildings - ended up floating in mid air wiggling - like a massive target just waiting to be killed - couldn't move or anything. (didn't get a screen shot - sorry)

-Reaver - Basically the tree by the above area I jumped and landed in it - and was stuck there - it was like Reaver had come home to roost - I think he was confusing himself with being a Sentinel for a moment ;) though luckily some kind person came and shot me down :) (sorry again I didn't get a screen shot)

Second game in Freeport...

-Alchemist - Got stuck on the fence in the corner by the water/scaffolding bit - right in the corner - just stuck in the endless wiggling again - everyone kind of went away and I was stuck there for a while - just trying to get free - then the guys came back and I realised even though I was completely stuck and couldn't move - I could still shoot so did - well she kind of shot in between wiggling...and then got killed. (Got a screen shot and it'll be sent over).

Third game in Valeholm again...

-Reaver - Got stuck in a different tree - the one by the parked caravan - though managed to button bash and somehow he got free pretty quickly. (didn't have chance to get a screen shot)

Now I know how to take screenshots and that Steam can support multiples then I will be doing more :D ...all the above will be emailed over :D

RainaAudron
12th Dec 2013, 19:07
Hey Lucy, hopefully we will play together tonight!

Btw, after today´s 128MB patch, all my custom skins show in-game on any server now! Cool :)

lucinvampire
12th Dec 2013, 21:41
Btw, after today´s 128MB patch, all my custom skins show in-game on any server now! Cool :)

I know we looked so damn HOT...even if we died a lot - well I did - you didn't! ;)

Issues with tonight's game - tonight being the 12 Dec 13...dude it's Friday the 13th tomorrow!!!! and anyway...

-Valeholm - bit by the caravan - if you are looking at the wall with the caravan parked next to it - I kept having issues with climbing this corner bit - Reaver stepped up and then down again and then up and down - it was like he was wanting to do step aerobics - the process repeated. Happened a few different times in one match but all I could get was screenshots of Reavers butt...nice

-Freeport - Got stuck on the pier this time a different part - middle pier, right hand side if your backs to the water by the bank - anyway it sucked by hey I was killed so was all good in the hood - so didn't get a screenshot of it.

-Having the same searching in New Recruits but actually searching in Team Deathmatch.

That is all :D

lucinvampire
14th Dec 2013, 03:52
Ok tonight being well 13 Dec (though its nearly 4am here so technically the 14th)...

-Valeholm - got stuck in the same tree again the 11 Dec - Reaver really loves that tree!

-After first game could not exit the lobby I was in - no matter how many times I pressed exit - it wasn't having it. Had to quit game and then it was ok.

-After last game I couldn't respond to any messages on Steam - had to quit the game (I know someone asked me something but it wouldn't let me respond - sorry I wasn't being rude it was broken - hope you see this.

That is all :D

lucinvampire
16th Dec 2013, 21:20
Today being the 16 Dec 13...and not much really went wrong tonight... :thumb:

1. My chat function seemed to disappear in the lobby again - I think it's a steam issue - it seems ok once I've finished a game or exited the game and reloaded it. It's the private chat and not the lobby chat so yeah.

2. First game and I donned a new skin for Alchemist - at one point when I died I kind of went invisible in that all I could see was the vials she carries - they kind of floated above the floor. :scratch:

2. Third game in Valeholm - tested out the wall by the caravans again to see if I had issues with climbing it - was Tyrant this time - and he had the same issue as Reaver. This is the part of the wall that the caravan is butted against - to the left of the door.
I didn't get stuck in the tree :D though avoided it like the plague!

I'm really digging the 1st Prime skin for Tyrant :lol:
Had some epic games tonight - thank you all :D

lucinvampire
17th Dec 2013, 21:37
Ok its 17 Dec 13 - this is going to be a bad one...be warned...because right now I'm :mad: - just kidding - when am I ever mad apart from being as mad as a hatter...

Three games...well if you can call them games...

Game 1 - Valeholm - finally got in and got a good game after the server issues - it functioned, was fun and finished :D

Game 2 - Provance (I think) - well after a lot of trouble with "no severs available" again and again and again I finally got into a second game - it was great was having a ball...
-The first issue I encountered was I was dropped on a box in the corner of the grassed over room and the two sentinels below me turned completely white - as if someone had cut them out of the screen and left a nice imprint - I died too quick to get a screen shot though.

Then it was ok and was enjoying it real good then....
-I got a nice white screen and a box appeared saying "Nosgoth has stopped working - Close program" (tried to get a screen shot but even that had an error!) so yes I was booted from the game and couldn't get back in - and I was really enjoying playing with everyone too - they were fun and not grumpy! I can't remember all yours names but I know Tube Reaver was there I was like yay its da tube! So many apologies if you were in this - I did not quit - it quit me :mad: so no end of game.

Game 3 - Provance - well I managed to get back onto Nosgoth after getting booted and woohoo finally a game and was enjoying it again and :D great team and everyone again and then :( severs went off - talk about hold your hands in the air shouting "aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh why do you curse me so" -so the game didn't end either.

The thing is I'd forgot about the booster until after the 1st game - turned it on and never got to see if it worked...oh well...I'm going to crawl in a hole now - well until tomorrow and then hopefully I'll get killed some more :lol:

lucinvampire
19th Dec 2013, 10:10
Well didn’t have chance to write this up last night – the night of gaming being 18 Dec… :D

Had numerous issues getting into Nosgoth…

-No sound first of all so had to go out and in several times before this kicked in – this seems to happen when there is a large-ish patch update.

-No server issue lots and lots but managed to get in eventually.

Because of all of this and what not I only managed to get one game in last night – but it was a good one :D

That’s about it on the issues front…

Sommerdamm – what can I say about Sommerdamm?!? If maps could be sexy then this would be a supermodel – hot – this map is soooo hot.

I loved the little touches back to previous games – the runes on the loading screen – the statue with the pike from SR – nice touches and nice nod for old fans.

The map itself – I didn’t encounter any issues with this what-so-ever – well I got stuck on a rock but that’s nothing new lol at least it wasn't a tree. I love the fact it’s at night, I love the atmosphere and the feel of the place – the colours are beautiful and it’s a wonderful setting. The design very much reminded me of Meridian – and being so close – it was nice to see a bit of the industrial/BO2esc feel there. Very intrigued by it’s story – nice war-torn fort and all :D

Very impressed – can’t wait to get back there :D it's definitely my favourite map so far!

lucinvampire
20th Dec 2013, 09:36
Well last night being 19 Dec… :D

Had three great games…well I think there was three – and didn’t experience any issues personally – they were on Sommerdamm, Valeholm, Provance – all good and sparkly :D

Someone (sorry can’t remember name) did get stuck as a Tyrant hanging off a building in Provance – (the side of the building where the wooden walkway comes out).

That is all – last night tonight for closure :( boo – not sure if I’ll survive without this game now lol.

EDIT:
-I did forget something - on the Provance map (I think - should of wrote this up last night) at one point everyone in front of me kind of disappeared - they were all there and then I was being attacked by invisible forces - Sentinels, Reavers etc - even my team mates vanished - it was only for a couple of seconds and then I was dead and everything was ok again.

Oh I meant to say also I love the new loading screens – with them all having the runes etc on – they look much much much more LoKesc! :D

RainaAudron
20th Dec 2013, 13:33
Yeah, noticed the runes as well - it is written in blood script and I must say they found a clever way to put "V" in it, since it is not originally part of it. Very nice touch :)

lucinvampire
20th Dec 2013, 14:49
Yeah, noticed the runes as well - it is written in blood script and I must say they found a clever way to put "V" in it, since it is not originally part of it. Very nice touch :)

Ooh does it actually translate with the old Blood Script decoder from BO? If so then dude this is super-win :D and is an ever better reach back to the series than I first thought - love it!

lucinvampire
21st Dec 2013, 22:43
So Friday 20 Dec - last day of Nosgoth for the year...a tear was shed...

Played on the US servers again :D some epic gamers on there!

As mentioned elsewhere...

-Kept getting "no servers" so was incapable of searching for a lobby on my own - exited Steam and restarted computer too but made no difference.

-Only could accept certain join requests - it seemed to only want to accept requests for certain people - or depending on what mood it was in to who/which game it would accept. (Some cases it wouldn't even load to a lobby - Steam would just sit on the page).

-When I did get accepted into lobby it would say "host party is full" even though the party wasn't full...

I managed to get it to work on three games...well kind of four but one was a half way through game - it was kind of more of a battle to get into a game than the actual game lol.

In game related stuff...

-I seemed to have issues that my abilities wouldn't always work (yes they had cooled down or hadn't been used) sometimes it took 2 or 3 hits of the keys before there was a reaction by the character...though it could have been I was actually too tired to function.

-Went to Freeport - and got stuck on a tree- it was a different place though. Same wiggling motion, could shoot but that was all....I swear I have to get stuck on at least one tree or fence a night otherwise it's not a good game of Nosgoth :lol: - it's become my signature trademark...well that or the many deaths of Lucinvampire :lol: (Picture of stuck in tree being emailed over).

Well that is all :D time to try to live without this game for a few weeks :( sad times...sad sad times...

Tube_Reaver
22nd Dec 2013, 19:22
Reading through your thread, and the only message I got was that you seem to get stuck in trees :D Seriously what is with you and trees?
I haven't had this issue (yet!) I think it's as you said, it's your trademark. So if I ever see any vamps stuck in trees I'll know its Lucin :lol:

lucinvampire
22nd Dec 2013, 23:24
Reading through your thread, and the only message I got was that you seem to get stuck in trees :D Seriously what is with you and trees?
I haven't had this issue (yet!) I think it's as you said, it's your trademark. So if I ever see any vamps stuck in trees I'll know its Lucin :lol:

Yes well I am known to be a bit of a tree hugger ;) it's ok when people notice and announce ":lol: lucins suck in a tree" because everyone pounds me until I die - its not so good when everyone disappears off and I'm left suck there! :D

This might be of notice for you...

-I got a nice white screen and a box appeared saying "Nosgoth has stopped working - Close program" (tried to get a screen shot but even that had an error!) so yes I was booted from the game and couldn't get back in - and I was really enjoying playing with everyone too - they were fun and not grumpy! I can't remember all yours names but I know Tube Reaver was there I was like yay its da tube! So many apologies if you were in this - I did not quit - it quit me :mad: so no end of game.

Tube_Reaver
22nd Dec 2013, 23:28
This might be of notice for you...

I think I recall the game, aye it was fun, and no one was raging or complaining about something or another.
No worries, I'll just assume you rage quit after not being able to get stuck in a tree :nut:

lucinvampire
2nd Jan 2014, 21:59
No worries, I'll just assume you rage quit after not being able to get stuck in a tree :nut:

Well I do that a lot :lol:

Ok so back in tonight rrrrrraaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh - it's like 2 Jan 14 - Happy New Year everyone woohoo...

Not much to report tonight apart from one game in Sommerdamm...

Because there were no trees to get stuck in at this location I've found something else - get stuck on beams instead - yeah...the ones on the fallen down type houses - luckily some nice scout killed me lots when this happened. (pic coming your way bugs peeps).

Also I managed to phase through a fall whilst feeding as Tyrant - I mean I had a lower body but my upper body and the person I was munching on were in the wall (I got a pic of it...well the afterwards and wall - apparently I didn't hit the button fast enough - but gives you an idea).

Finally I was unable to climb a bit of wall - it was like Terry the Tyrant jump and fall and jump and fall - it was pretty funny to watch - its by one of the healing stations (pic coming too).

This wasn't Sommerdamm so I lied...

One game I was in there were like no players and then the game showed like there were 5 on my team and me - I think people had dropped but they weren't showing as being dropped and were still remaining on the screen as dead...I confused...do they drop off if they drop from the game or remain? :scratch:

That is all - it was good :D

lucinvampire
4th Jan 2014, 02:36
Tonight 3 /4 Jan... :D

Freeport - got stuck on a fence post again - this time in the corner of where it rises to the decking on the right side of map if back is to the water. Sent pic.

Had some bad lag in a Provance and Freeport games - think it's the distance to the US :lol:

lucinvampire
6th Jan 2014, 21:44
6 Jan 14...

Getting no server issue - seems to be getting more frequent...but that's another thread.

Sommerdamm & Freeport - no issues with maps today apart from some mega lag at points where I was on one wall and then on another which was pretty confusing and just generally darting across the map.

But really nice games tonight with some really good players :D
...heh the more I play the worse I get...oh well.

Edit:
Most amusing quote I’ve heard so far…
Scout: “These vampires are already dead”
Uh well duh…I laughed myself into oblivion with this quote Scout said last night.

lucinvampire
8th Jan 2014, 21:27
Oh my it's the 8th of Jan already...where'd the time from the 1st go?...anyway not much to report tonight...

Sommerdamm - Got stuck on the Malek statue :lol: - I tried to get a screen shot but was pounced by a Reaver at that point oh well.

Had one not so even matched game in Sommerdamm but it was still funny.
Had a great game in Freeport...and had no issues - and even played Sentinel and Scout :eek: (I spent half the time flying into walls which was pretty funny).

Was great to see lots of new players on tonight and to get to play with them :D can't wait to play more with the new influx of peeps and to play at the weekend...though the downside we'll all have no life 'cause of this game :lol:

cmstache
8th Jan 2014, 22:04
Haha, the first thing I did on it was takeoff then dive onto it. :)

lucinvampire
10th Jan 2014, 10:30
Haha, the first thing I did on it was takeoff then dive onto it. :)

Lol – yeah and he always seems to want to dodge so it looks like he’s doing some sort of diving roll before he takes flight…and that’s just amusing!

Ok last night being 9 Jan... :D

Had lots and lots of places in Sommerdamm that I couldn’t climb up – more so than ever before (didn’t get screenshots of areas as was under attack).

Had some kind of lobby freak out situation too (sent over).

Didn’t really think the new levelling thing done much…if not made it worse for me…

I’m sure something weird keeps happening with the score board at the end of matches...

I will be taking tonight off as in too much pain to make any good contribution to the world of Nosgoth (sorry for the bad games all week)…hopefully I’ll be better in time for a couple of matches over the weekend - though I think I may try with the controller even though it's not properly supported as this will hopefully improve things.