PDA

View Full Version : Installation keeps stopping at "90%"

Joshorty
18th Jun 2007, 21:47
So yeah, my bro bought the COLLECTOR's EDITION and we got it today.

When we were about to install the game, everything worked fine and all and we even got the installation running UNTIL it stopped at like somewhat 90%. We thought this was just a buggy error so yeah we had to cancel the installation through like Task manager since the cancel button for some reason, got wiped out( as in oyu see it but can't press on it). Pop the disk back in, installed all the way and AGAIN, stopped at 90%. Anyone help:(? We've tried many times already but it always stops at the exact same spot.

I'm form Canada by the way - is this game region coded:(? And our DVD drive is new and is in no way damaged. I already read the Read ME file and for sure the disc is not damaged/scratched and we have more than enough space in our hard drive to put this game in.

*uand what's Game Shadow?

Xcom
18th Jun 2007, 21:54
I assume tips from First Aid sticky didn't help?

Joshorty
18th Jun 2007, 21:56
Sorry.I got a little carried away. I'll read that first if not, I'd still need help:(

Sam Fisher
20th Jun 2007, 08:30
I had the same problem and I solved it by copying all the dvd content onto the hard disk in a folder.Then i removed the directx 9 folder and started the installation.It worked this way but I still don't understand the reason why of this error.I had it both on Windows Xp and Vista.