PDA

View Full Version : Obelisc of khamoon jump-bug?

jemoeder666
16th Jun 2007, 14:03
Hi guys, i;m having troubles in this particular level.
There is a part where you have to pass 2 spinning blades from the wall.
I do it crouching.
Then you have to jump a pole, jump to a ledge and pass 2 closing doors.
then there is a part where there are 2 closing doors with a pole in the middle.
and everytime I jump on that particular pole Lara just misses it or slides of into the pit.
She does not appear to make contact with it like you would do with any pole you jump on.

anyone else has this problem?
Or a savegame since I'm getting very frustrated ;)

thanks

Xcom
16th Jun 2007, 14:46
I remember someone posting a problem, saying one of the poles appeared non-solid and Lara could walk straight through it. I don't know, maybe the same glitch is happening to you.

Assuming it's a glitch, I don't know how to fix it. But there's been a number of weird glitches when Lara can't make certain jump (whereas logic suggests that she should). The only potential solution (until a patch appears) is to
a) disable full-screen effects (if they are enabled)
b) change (ie:reduce) screen resolution.

Try it, maybe it will miraculously fix it.

Other than that, try holding Jump key longer when going for the pole.
Tap E (Interact key) right after she lands on the pole.

jemoeder666
16th Jun 2007, 17:07
Thanks for the fast reply!
Did not help, but somehow i made it this time.
After several hours of trying :(.
these kind of glitches are not cool.
Because most of the time if you jump to a pole she adjusts herself automatically.
And now it seems like you had to do everything more perfect then perfect.
Timing, and placing ofthe jump that is.

Demarest
17th Jun 2007, 06:04
I had this same problem twice tonight. Twice because twice in a row, you have to jump onto a pole where a door slams on it. I THINK I figured out how why. Near as I can tell, for as long as the door is out from the wall AT ALL when you jump, it doesn't bother processing the pole since it thinks you're going to die. Then since you're not dead, you're standing there and just slide off. The trick is to not begin to jump until the door is fully retracted. I realize this just makes the timing rougher, but it's what seems to work repeatedly.

qwerty
17th Jun 2007, 07:31
Hi guys, i;m having troubles in this particular level.
There is a part where you have to pass 2 spinning blades from the wall.
I do it crouching.
Then you have to jump a pole, jump to a ledge and pass 2 closing doors.
then there is a part where there are 2 closing doors with a pole in the middle.
and everytime I jump on that particular pole Lara just misses it or slides of into the pit.
She does not appear to make contact with it like you would do with any pole you jump on.

anyone else has this problem?
Or a savegame since I'm getting very frustrated ;)

thanks

Ive got the same problem, you can solve it in two ways, you can jump to the poll when the wals completely separate,but then be very quick and jump to the other side,or Either you can try jumping across the pit,I do it all the time:)

Sestren
24th Jun 2007, 22:40
I finally found out how to manage this. Just imagine, that you want to jump all over the pit. So run to the gap an jump at the VERY VERY last moment. Lara will then actually stand on the pole. Of course you have to time the jump because of the moving doors anyway. But this is how it works for me.

sheavsey
26th Feb 2008, 21:31
I am having a similar problem in the same level on the PSP version. In the sequence where you have to wall run Lara in between the spinning blades, one of the gold rings does not register so I just end up swinging on the last one. I only just started having this problem now, and it has worked for me before. Since it is the PSP version I cannot shift the camera up or down so I just don't know what to do. Help!

Jezyk
27th Feb 2008, 09:21
This also happens on my PC version, VERY often:/ she just slides off the pole even if she lands properly

Jezyk
20th Mar 2008, 22:55
You guys were right, when the door are completely separate this glitch doesn't occur... she lands ok, there's only half a second for the second jump but it's enough:)

akshintel
12th Jul 2008, 16:45
Yeah
Same problem in obelisk of khamoon.
She only land on the pole when she is about to die.. even sometimes if we are quick enough lara will die in momentum means she will die during she took another jump
Bit tiresome business

Can anyone give the saved file after this point?

tombraider1best
13th Jul 2008, 14:53
it's just a mater of trail and error luck or hard luck am sure its not a bug cuz it's happend to me b4 now and it dusnt du it now so try pressing the buttons under diffrent pressure once liltly the othre harder thas wat i dun an it worked

UMIST_For_Ever
26th Sep 2008, 17:57
I had a problem with this but holding the jump button for longer resolved the issue.