PDA

View Full Version : Damocles Gate/ Switch Entrance Glitch

dafuzzbudd
14th Jun 2007, 02:44
I pulled the block, i can get on top of it.
i pushed it under the gate but pulled it away
the gate switch no longer opens the gate,
i hear the sound, but the gate doesnt move, the block is not in the way either

i cant even replay the level from beginning.

Mashin
15th Jun 2007, 02:22
Same problem. I tried to wedge the block under the door when it was raised. Now I can't jump to the opening above the door and the switch will no longer raise the door. This is game-stopping, since I can't progress past this point AND I can't simply restart the level.

dafuzzbudd
15th Jun 2007, 02:59
i was putting all my game time into this game
now i havent touched it since that problem

downloading a 100% complete adventure and replaying that level would ruin my experience

aussie500
15th Jun 2007, 07:08
Strange l have never had this problem, although l have heard of others who are not playing the brought version of the game having this bug, apparently a few Australians are having troubles with the PC version so l could be wrong :scratch:

You could get past it likely by either going back out diving of the ledge to kill her and then coming back, the door should be reset. Or if that does not work you could download SunBeam's program which would allow you to change the gravity in the game so you could simply raise her up and walk through the gap. The link below will work with the disc and steam version, PC only of course.
http://www.speedyshare.com/735684616.html

Start the program, then Anniversary, press F11 while playing to start it, 1 will raise her 2 will lower her, do not jump, crouch or be hit by enemies while in this mode or she will fall of the map. Press F11 to turn it of or return if you have an accident.

If l get banned l know why, apologies if the program link is not allowed :(

Xcom
15th Jun 2007, 12:59
That bug is documented by Eidos tech support. There was a thread about this, but I can't find it. :o

First you must make sure that the block falls on its proper side (the side where the grapple ring is attached, I believe). That way it'll be longer. If it falls on the flat side, it will be too short to jump from, and you'll basically need to re-load checkpoint (kill Lara) and try again, pulling the block slowly.

Once the block has fallen properly:

Move it close to the gate, but not under the gate.
Pull the lever and quickly jump onto the block.
Wait for the door to start closing, jump to grab the bar on the door and immediately jump to grab the opening above.

aussie500
16th Jun 2007, 02:51
l had no trouble just putting the block under the gate and jumping up to the handhold on the gate and then jumping to the opening, no speed was necessary. Which is why l am aware that there is a difference between different "versions" at this point. This problem seems to have been fixed in the final version of the game.
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j215/aussie500/AE%20game/th_tra2007-06-1612-48-44-43.jpg (http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j215/aussie500/AE%20game/tra2007-06-1612-48-44-43.jpg)http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j215/aussie500/AE%20game/th_tra2007-06-1612-48-49-68.jpg (http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j215/aussie500/AE%20game/tra2007-06-1612-48-49-68.jpg)

If by chance there is a difference between the PC versions released in different regions (unlikely) mine is the Game UK (3 disc) version.

With the block in this position, with just the corner under the gate, Lara if jumping from the short side on the left will whiz up to the gate handhold faster than a blink of an eye, she completely skips the block. great for time trials ;)

dafuzzbudd
16th Jun 2007, 17:22
i found another tombfly called trasfly.exe to work with the 19.0 mb version

but, YES IT WORKED

aussie500
17th Jun 2007, 04:26
Yes well you are not meant to be playing with the reviewers version are you, which is why l did not provide a link to that version of the fly tool :p
If you want to support the franchise and see new games made you should buy the game.

Also reporting bugs in these illegal versions is confusing and wasting time, when those of us who have brought the game are waiting for the real bugs to be fixed so we can get a patch

qwerty
17th Jun 2007, 07:45

I never had that problem but did you you try to pull the block in that way so it can fall on Lara and kill her? cuse when you do that somehow the game deosnt bring you back to your last checkpoint,it brings you in the second part of the Damocles Room:scratch:

karenmursell
21st Jun 2007, 20:05

:( I'm having similar problems in the Damocles entrance. I have pulled the block from under the door and now when I try again, the block falls on it's side making it too short for Lara to grab the upper ledge. Do we gamers have any rights concerning these bugs???

chillbob
24th Jun 2007, 15:04
Yes well you are not meant to be playing with the reviewers version are you, which is why l did not provide a link to that version of the fly tool :p
If you want to support the franchise and see new games made you should buy the game.

Also reporting bugs in these illegal versions is confusing and wasting time, when those of us who have brought the game are waiting for the real bugs to be fixed so we can get a patch

Might be the steam version of the game as I had exactly the same problem with that room and had to reload from last save point to get past that. Has there been a patch released for the retail version which fixed it? Not sure there has been for Steam

Demarest
27th Jun 2007, 21:49
There's no need for patches, guys.

I HAVE had the block on the ground in the short way AND jumped from it onto the handhold, up onto the ledge above. Yes it was rough timing. No it doesn't HAVE to be like that. But know that if you ever get it like that, it's still possible.

It all depends on how quickly you yank on the block. If you press and hold Interact, it's going to land in the short manner. If you slowly tap Interact until it teeters out of the hole, it will land the tall way every time.

Not really a technical question.

lightknight
2nd Jul 2007, 18:04
For clarification's sake, regarding the Damocles gate bug, where you pull out the block and it often falls the wrong way, preventing you from moving forward unless you commit suicide and try again:

1. It IS most certainly a bug. It is a technical issue, pure and simple. As a professional full-time game tester with years of experience working in QA departments, this is most certainly a bug, and a big one at that. Once the block falls, there is no way to get it set right, and you have to die. Progress halted. A-level bug. If the block falling vertically is required to progress, it should fall vertically every time.

2. It is NOT a problem particular to reviewer or illegal copies. I am playing the fully legal, retail version that I paid good money for, and this bug destroyed my half-hour time trial. Those of us with LEGAL copies need this bug fixed.

3. If the block falls short-side, there is NO way to get up to the ledge. Sorry; there's no 'timing' issue at all involved. The plaque that you have to use to get up to the ledge is just too low to reach the higher ledge, plain and simple. The only option is suicide (I recommend pulling the gate lever, waiting inside the gate and letting it crush you... fastest way to die there).

Icewolf77
8th Jul 2007, 23:13
Well i did everything right, the block lands with rings up and down, i push it in, the gate blocks and i STILL CAN'T GET UP! Lara just refuses to grab the ledge above the gate...
This is ridiculous...