PDA

View Full Version : Reinstall Problem

Kellie
13th Jun 2007, 02:31
Hello Everyone.

I hope someone can help me. My dad was installing Tomb Raider Anniversary for me and my brother to play but we had a power cut halfway in to the install. When the power came back on we tried to reinstall but we got an error. So we delete the remaining files but when we put the disc in and run the game to install again we get a message “Pease uninstall the game first” but the game is not there. We have looked fro any remaining files but can’t find any.

Thanks In Advance

GoranAgar
13th Jun 2007, 04:56
Clear your Registry from all entries for Tomb Raider Anniversary. :) Better let someone do it who knows how to do that.

Kellie
13th Jun 2007, 17:52
Hi, Thanks for the reply. This is Kellie's dad. I have looked around the registry but I can’t find anything with any link to "Tomb Raider Anniversary" or "Eidos" I have tried a registry cleaner to see if it would pick up any left over entries but that never solved the problem. Do you happen to know what the registry entries are?

I have looked through every entry manually and used the find tool in the registry but still can’t seem to solve this problem. Any help you could give me would be very much appreciated as I really don’t want to do a reinstall of windows just for one problem. Thanks again

Xcom
13th Jun 2007, 18:45
Try looking for this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
SOFTWARE\
Microsoft\
Windows\
CurrentVersion\
Uninstall\
Tomb Raider: Anniversary

(if it's there, try deleting at your own risk)

Kellie
13th Jun 2007, 19:33
Thanks for the replays. I had another look through the registry and I could not find the above. So what I did was go in to my computer right clicked on the drive that contains the DVD and used the uninstall icon that is on the disc. And finally it uninstalled the remaining files and I could start a fresh install.

Thanks again for all your help.

GoranAgar
13th Jun 2007, 19:42
That was easy. Why did I not think of that? :scratch:

:) Glad it worked. :thumbsup:

GeorgeMaciver
13th Jun 2007, 20:32
Mind on other things? :D

simulation
15th Jun 2007, 13:52
TRRC.EXE (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/faq/index.html) (Tomb Raider Registry Cleaner) has been updated to include TR Anniversary and demo.