PDA

View Full Version : Voice program in game?

KhiraWard
13th Nov 2013, 01:59
I might be in the minority here, and since I have not been selected to test just yet, I thought I would bring this up on the technical side of things.

In a game like this, where PUGs are going to happen, will there be an in-game voice chat feature for things like coordination and strategy with teammates? Something one can disable if necessary, of course, as clans and guilds will probably have their own modes. But trying to type while in the middle of a fight is such a pain. *shrugs* Didn't see it while forum surfing, so I thought I'd bring it up.

Psyonix_Eric
13th Nov 2013, 06:11
I might be in the minority here, and since I have not been selected to test just yet, I thought I would bring this up on the technical side of things.

In a game like this, where PUGs are going to happen, will there be an in-game voice chat feature for things like coordination and strategy with teammates? Something one can disable if necessary, of course, as clans and guilds will probably have their own modes. But trying to type while in the middle of a fight is such a pain. *shrugs* Didn't see it while forum surfing, so I thought I'd bring it up.
We currently have VOIP working in the game, with the option to mute other players. There's a push-to-talk key that you can bind in the options so you're not constantly broadcasting.

Tidus
13th Nov 2013, 09:01
Thanks for remembering to include the mute button! :)

KhiraWard
13th Nov 2013, 21:28
That's fantastic! Thanks for letting us know, and yes, thank you for including a mute feature/PTT. XD

lordbane2110
14th Nov 2013, 10:41
yeah cause we all know your gonna get mouthy 12 to 15 year olds being douchy over the voip and a mute button is clearly a must

KhiraWard
15th Nov 2013, 20:23
If we get 12 and 15 year olds, that in my opinion would be fantastic. Fresh meat. :D

Khalith
20th Nov 2013, 11:58
Long as there is a mute function. On that note, I assume there will be some sort of text chat in game, will we have the option to disable that also?

Psyonix_Eric
20th Nov 2013, 18:51
Long as there is a mute function. On that note, I assume there will be some sort of text chat in game, will we have the option to disable that also?
There are two places for text chat - in the lobby while you're waiting to fill up the 8 players, and again in the game for people who don't have mics. The in-game chat box looks like what many MMOs have and it fades out quickly. We currently don't have a way for you to hide that chat box.

Khalith
20th Nov 2013, 20:58
There are two places for text chat - in the lobby while you're waiting to fill up the 8 players, and again in the game for people who don't have mics. The in-game chat box looks like what many MMOs have and it fades out quickly. We currently don't have a way for you to hide that chat box.

Makes sense then so we can always communicate with other players, long as we have a way to block the people that are being jerks along with possibly reporting them when they act out of line also! Not this game's fault of course, but competitive pvp games like this tend to attract a certain element with bad attitudes that just ruin the gaming experience for everyone involved.