PDA

View Full Version : TY everyone/ READ Vista and new PC owners

Cocoa
11th Jun 2007, 10:28
Hi all,
First I want to thank our moderator and everyone else that responded to my posts for help :D
Now to the good stuff :) HOORAY it is installed and working. That damn CRC error (yes I did follow the link to the Legends site where so many had that problem and read quite a few) but none of that would have helped me at all.
The problem was as simple as I hadnt AUTHENTICATED my version of Vista!!
I had gone back to Microsoft to decide whether to update Directx with the June issuance and got "of course" the usual warnings in the top task bar someone was trying to run ......blah blah ...I had just ignored it previously but realized unless I ran the active x I couldnt authenticate my windows and without that couldnt dl the drivers either.
I ran the active x and authenticated my windows ...then a bulb popped up in my brain ...you idiot :scratch: go try it now!
Now I have to say I did still use the folder I had made on my hard drive minus the directx 9 folder to run the set up but ...IT WORKED!
I am still wondering had I used the set up in the dvd file if it would have worked ...probably but I hope this helps anyone else who has newly installed a new OS particularly a Vista version or has just purchased a new system ....go authenticate your windows immediately and save yourself a lot of trouble. I read how so many plp thought that CRC error was their HD or the DVD player or a faulty TR disc when it was something so simple ....hmmm unless any of them were running something illegal ...lol :eek: .
Thanks again for the attempts to help and if this only helps one other TR fan then I am happy. Good luck. Oh, I love love the game by the way. I specifically bought the PC version to play it on my big 22" LCD screen and it looks GREAT! The controls are masterful and I am amazed.
Another tip if anyone is having trouble with a gamepad ...dont forget when you go into the gamepad setup to enable the 1st axis box with rotation 1st so the LOOK will work on the left stick! I have an adapter and am using the ps2 contoller which works very well. I tried the xbox one but it was a little glitchy. I dont own a 360 and didnt think I should have to go buy that contoller just for this game. My $10 adapter plugged into the USB port works just fine ...thank you.
Sorry for such a long post.
C

Xcom
11th Jun 2007, 11:10
I'm glad you sorted it out. Enjoy the game! :thumbsup:

GoranAgar
11th Jun 2007, 14:21
The problem was as simple as I hadnt AUTHENTICATED my version of Vista!!
I had gone back to Microsoft to decide whether to update Directx with the June issuance and got "of course" the usual warnings in the top task bar someone was trying to run ......blah blah ...I had just ignored it previously but realized unless I ran the active x I couldnt authenticate my windows and without that couldnt dl the drivers either.
I ran the active x and authenticated my windows ...then a bulb popped up in my brain ...you idiot :scratch: go try it now!
So the problem was rather that your ActiveX was disabled, not that your Windows was not authenticated, right?

If it were the authentication I'd be quite worried about where Microsoft wants to go tomorrow. :eek: