PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Where are mah patch notes at?

Xaragoth
12th Nov 2013, 15:02
I saw you patch. I SAW IT. But no Patch Notes. WHAT are you hiding from us? Huh? Huh? Secret Nerfs?!

Seriously, I wanna know :(

hirukaru
12th Nov 2013, 15:23
Haha maby you get your nice little skill. ;)

Balantin
12th Nov 2013, 15:33
Apart from them moving the health stations from certain spots, the patch notes will probably disappoint you like "Fixed a rare crash that happened to AMD users while they were opening the options menu as a Sentinel died from falling damage".

Xaragoth
12th Nov 2013, 15:34
Apart from them moving the health stations from certain spots, the patch notes will probably disappoint you like "Fixed a rare crash that happened to AMD users while they were opening the options menu as a Sentinel died from falling damage".

That sounds more like a build-in AMD feature than a crash.

Syst3mzero
12th Nov 2013, 17:29
Oh no let me resolve this before we get another Intel vs AMD forum war, the whole argument can be summed up so easily.

AMD = best bang for your cash, cost to processing speed and cores leaves Intel completely behind. Intel doesn't even get a look in.

Intel = the fastest chips, if you hate having too much money and really NEED all that processing power then Intel would like to get aquainted with your wallet. Intel are great chips if you ignore that they are heavily overpriced.

Seriously a top end AMD Piledriver FX-8 Eight Core 9590 Black Edition 4.70GHz (5.00GHz Turbo) £250.00ish

Intel 6 Core i7 4960X 3.60GHz (4.00GHz turbo) Extreme Processor £790

While you cant compare them too easily as it seems every different media put one on top of the other but neither consistently the general opinion is the i7 takes the crown of fastest and best but at more than 3x the price there really shouldn't be any doubt it should be best. Here in the world of real life however and not in fantasy benchmark world where benchmarks don't realise that they mean nothing because they wildly throw out numbers based on performance that has nothing to do with the way the processor will actually get used (mostly for gaming and checking Facebook) we see very little real gains in the i7. The i7 doesn't actually make the machine 3x faster. and all the while both sets of fanboys are arguing and not realising that they should lay down arms and spend the time installing the biggest performance boost that has happened in decades... the SSD

so If you are smart and not a billionaire get an AMD and a SSD, If you are rich and have money to burn get an i7 and a SSD, but whatever you do get an SSD.

lol

Xaragoth
12th Nov 2013, 17:32
You realize we meant this as a joke? Right?

Syst3mzero
13th Nov 2013, 11:04
It was very irresponsible of you, I got that it was a joke but things like this escalate into all out war have you never seen a geek forum before?

In 2008 an Intel vs AMD war tore through one forum killing 9 people and severely injuring 23 others and all because someone "joked" about some other guys machines specs.

So that you can avoid making a mistake like this again here is a list of things never to talk about on the internet:

1 Android, iphone or Windows phone (blackberry if anyone even remembers them)

2 Windows vs Linux

3 Windows xp/vista/7/8 vs Windows xp/vista/7/8

4 Nvidia vs AMD/ATI

5 AMD vs Intel

6 any superhero vs any other superhero

7 LoL vs DOTA

This list is not extensive but basically before typing anything on the net ask yourself are is there a fanboy out there that might have something to say on the subject, if the answer is yes then don't post it, if the answer is no then its safe.

here is an example of a safe comment.
"good morning/afternoon/evening I enjoy listening to music, I hope you do too but if you don't that is ok too."
note how it doesn't really say anything and no opinion is expressed and not even the genre of music is disclosed? clever eh!

go forth with this knowledge and post safely and responsibly on the internet and remember "flippant remarks cause fires like sparks" (it rhymes so it's easy to remember).

Live long and prosper (or don't If you aren't into that kind of thing),

Syst3m

Lomonop
13th Nov 2013, 11:43
(blackberry if anyone even remembers them)
With a remark like that, you're sort of doing what you urge people not to do ;).

Monkeythumbz
13th Nov 2013, 13:41
Just to let you know, we're looking to provide detailed patch notes ahead of Thursday;s session.

Balantin
13th Nov 2013, 13:56
Thank you Monkey. Even when you just put a hotfix in that say, fixes something for Intel users (yeah lets go with Intel this time), it's still very important to us that you let us know exactly what has changed. :)

Syst3mzero
13th Nov 2013, 15:56
With a remark like that, you're sort of doing what you urge people not to do ;).

Sorry Lomonop I apologise to all blackberry users :P
BTW never said I wasn't a sarcastic hypocrite :)

hirukaru
13th Nov 2013, 17:57
Just to let you know, we're looking to provide detailed patch notes ahead of Thursday;s session.

Yes yes finally.

My custom unofficial patch notes are no good.
Only found the relocated health stations.

hirukaru
13th Nov 2013, 17:59
It was very irresponsible of you, I got that it was a joke but things like this escalate into all out war have you never seen a geek forum before?

In 2008 an Intel vs AMD war tore through one forum killing 9 people and severely injuring 23 others and all because someone "joked" about some other guys machines specs.

So that you can avoid making a mistake like this again here is a list of things never to talk about on the internet:

1 Android, iphone or Windows phone (blackberry if anyone even remembers them)

2 Windows vs Linux

3 Windows xp/vista/7/8 vs Windows xp/vista/7/8

4 Nvidia vs AMD/ATI

5 AMD vs Intel

6 any superhero vs any other superhero

7 LoL vs DOTA

This list is not extensive but basically before typing anything on the net ask yourself are is there a fanboy out there that might have something to say on the subject, if the answer is yes then don't post it, if the answer is no then its safe.

here is an example of a safe comment.
"good morning/afternoon/evening I enjoy listening to music, I hope you do too but if you don't that is ok too."
note how it doesn't really say anything and no opinion is expressed and not even the genre of music is disclosed? clever eh!

go forth with this knowledge and post safely and responsibly on the internet and remember "flippant remarks cause fires like sparks" (it rhymes so it's easy to remember).

Live long and prosper (or don't If you aren't into that kind of thing),

Syst3m

Syst3m we are not a geek forum in my opinion.
Els I have to rage quit out of here. :naughty:
and for that there will be no war :D Only peace and love and :scratch:

But oow well. Sometimes it can be fun to have a war about things? At least if you don't pull out guns. :cool:

Syst3mzero
13th Nov 2013, 18:39
Closed Alpha Technical Discussions.... its geeky.

Discussing patch notes.... geeky.

embrace the geekyness its what separates us from the dolphins.