PDA

View Full Version : New install error?

Cocoa
10th Jun 2007, 10:26
Hi,
I am running vista with directx 10 ...have all the install problems everyone else has and tried all the help hints including the .tmp and using the in file exe install. I was originally getting a CVC error at the very begining of the install and I thought I fixed it with a restart and right clicking on the exe install and clicking on the run rather then the double click to open since it started installing till 2/3 of the way and :mad2: then the CRC error came up again.
Do the techs monitor this site as I have no idea what to try now. I have not seen anyone else mention this CRC error? Any help please if someone knows what that error is? and why it would start at the beginning of the install and then after a restart not until amost installed?
Oh, when I was in taskmanager trying to lower the .tmp below normal it wouldnot allow it and also mine was not the 58 value either. Was that for the demo? I installed and played the demo with no problems at all ....so what the heck is going on and why hasnt Eidos addressed this?
Thanks for the help in advanced "crossed fingers" :)
C

Xcom
10th Jun 2007, 11:03
Did you run the setup under administration mode (or whatever it is called in Vista)?

Cocoa
10th Jun 2007, 22:53
HI, thank you for responding and yes I have many times ...what is this crc error?

Leak
10th Jun 2007, 22:59
HI, thank you for responding and yes I have many times ...what is this crc error?
A CRC error (as in "cyclic redundancy check error") means that either the disc drive is reporting a read error (because the disc's error correction couldn't fix a physical read error caused by a scratch, a finger print, dust or whatever) or the installer got a wrong checksum when making sure the file it just installed is correct - that could be a read error again or a problem with your hard drive.

Either way your best bet is to either clean the disc, or if that doesn't help getting it exchanged. Or maybe it's just your drive that's having a problem reading this particular disc.

np: Popnoname - No Doubt (White Album)

Xcom
10th Jun 2007, 23:05
You may also try and copy entire contents of the DVD to the hard drive, and attempt running setup.exe from the hard drive.

Cocoa
10th Jun 2007, 23:44
Hi,
Thanks again for responding ...before I try a harddrive install I wanted to ask about new drivers for directx. I have directx 10 on a new system with a brand new graphics card and thought installing new drivers for directx 9 would be wrong? I checked for vista directx 10 drivers and only a beta version of one is available and dont want to dl that. Why would I need to upgrade directx 9 drivers? Would that do anything to my directx 10 drivers?
Please let me know right away if you can ...thanks.
C

Cocoa
11th Jun 2007, 00:24
Hi again,
Ok waited for a response about the directx 9 and nothing yet so did the copy to hard drive and removed the directx 9 folder. Sarted the install and almost 3/4 of the way got same error :mad2: CRC error!!! Do I need to upgrade directx 9 drivers or what?? I have directx 10 version so not sure about that? I have a 320 hd and dont see what the problem is?? PLEASE HELP this is soooo frustrating.
C

LaraCroftLuver
11th Jun 2007, 00:40
Hey umm I didnt read everything you said. But, if your having a problem installing it like it freezes or something simply let it install for however long it needs and then it should work. It took me an hour and a half to install mine

Xcom
11th Jun 2007, 01:14
Hi again,
Ok waited for a response about the directx 9 and nothing yet so did the copy to hard drive and removed the directx 9 folder. Sarted the install and almost 3/4 of the way got same error :mad2: CRC error!!! Do I need to upgrade directx 9 drivers or what?? I have directx 10 version so not sure about that? I have a 320 hd and dont see what the problem is?? PLEASE HELP this is soooo frustrating.
C

I don't think you need to worry about DirectX at this point. If you have the possibility, try installing the game on different computer (friend's), just to see if the disc itself is all right. If it installs fine, then obviously something on your system is preventing it from reading data properly.

Also see this thread:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=57931

It's about Legend setup but it's identical problem. There are some tips there you might try.