PDA

View Full Version : Zebra Hunting Lara: A skin by me :D

Dukem
9th Jun 2007, 22:40
just a quick skin I made, It is my first time and was just trying it out :p

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/Dukem737/ZebraHuntingLaraPic.jpg

Download it: here (http://rapidshare.com/files/36229132/Zebra_Hunting_Lara_by_Dukem.rar.html)

Enjoy!!

Rai
9th Jun 2007, 23:00
Well, the top is alright, but I beg you - get rid of those gawd awfull boots! no no no no noooooooo! :lol:

But who am I to say? I have the game on ps2 format so can't do these things even if I knew how. Which I don't. It all seems way too complicated to me.

So good try. You can't help it if you have bad taste in women's clothing! :D (please take this lightheartedly as it is meant to be :o ). This is from a gal who worships sexy boots.

Dukem
9th Jun 2007, 23:03
haha, well; my mate said try making shoes black and more like the shirt so I will and repost it tommorow if peeps want it :D

Also yeah it is kinda ugly :) , but aww well hehe

This is from a guy who couldn't give a damn about boots :lol:

rabid metro
10th Jun 2007, 17:36
a) the zebra outfit is spectacular ...

b) if you were gonna change it any, could you consider horizontal stripes on the top, shorts and boots?

c) did i mention that the zebra outfit is spectacular???

gofornate
10th Jun 2007, 17:54
Wow, that's cool. I have the game on PC also, but how do you do that? Is this some debugging/computer hacker thing? Or is it like something the game will let you do as a cheat? lol I'm fairly computer illiterate.

Dukem
10th Jun 2007, 19:37
a) the zebra outfit is spectacular ...

b) if you were gonna change it any, could you consider horizontal stripes on the top, shorts and boots?

c) did i mention that the zebra outfit is spectacular???

Thx so much :D I may try changing the stripes so their horizontal but no promises yet. :p I have changed the shoes and will post a pic shortly.

Wow, that's cool. I have the game on PC also, but how do you do that? Is this some debugging/computer hacker thing? Or is it like something the game will let you do as a cheat? lol I'm fairly computer illiterate.

Read this (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/tr7/modding/index.html) Look to the left of the page and see the Texmod Box. Download it and follow the tutorial they have made.

Dukem
10th Jun 2007, 21:02
The New Boots!! :D

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/Dukem737/ZebraHuntingLara-NewBoots.jpg

Comment on them pls :)

rabid metro
10th Jun 2007, 21:28
it's the cat's pajamas ... sweet!

CharlieTrace
10th Jun 2007, 21:31
That is just awesome. Makes me wish I owned the PC version, but I got it for the PS2. Still fun to see the crazy stuff people have made, though.

LaraCroftLuver
11th Jun 2007, 00:59
I like it!

Joana Croft
11th Jun 2007, 02:26
on the boots looks like she has some shoes and srpipped socks :P veyr creative :nut:

Bampire
11th Jun 2007, 02:28
I like the outfit, but sadly I don't like the boots.. What you could've done with that, is make the boots black with white laces. Other than that it looks amazing. Especially the shorts. They're really cute.

*Edit* Oh, I didn't see the change. That change is really adorable. :3 Makes her a little punked out. (In a good way) Well somewhat punked out, but in her own way.

NightRain'06
11th Jun 2007, 03:56
Whooaa !! NIIIIIICE, DUKEM !!

Sadly, though, I have the PS2 version.
But I'll use your custom skin once the PC CE version is released here, hopefully soon ! :)

:: Saves this thread link into Favorites... ::

Dukem
11th Jun 2007, 07:01
If everyone prefers the outfit with the new boots I'll upload it to rapidshare today and post the link here :)

So glad everyone liked it :D :D

NightRain'06
15th Jun 2007, 06:39
By the way, how long does it take to create something like that ? And what programs do you use ?

ETA: Are you considering creating more slowly but surely ? :)

Game Weasel
15th Jun 2007, 14:26
I agree with the idea of black boots and white laces. Can't wait for a new download to be available. :D

Dukem
15th Jun 2007, 17:03
NRNR and Game Weasel, soooo sorry :o I had completely forgotten to upload the newest version of which I posted a pic. Here it is (http://rapidshare.com/files/37383675/Zebra_Hunting_Lara_v2.0.rar.html)

Also NRNR, I have said already about using texmod in my previous post :)

Read this Look to the left of the page and see the Texmod Box. Download it and follow the tutorial they have made

I will begin work on boots with white laces shortly :D Would you like me to keep the stripy socks and add the laces or ditch the stripy socks and just have it plain black with white laces??

Dark Lara
15th Jun 2007, 18:33
silly question but skins are just for the PC version? or can you buy pacakges with the ability for PS2?

jazzyD
15th Jun 2007, 19:06
wow thats well nice how did u do that :)

Dukem
15th Jun 2007, 19:22
silly question but skins are just for the PC version? or can you buy pacakges with the ability for PS2?

Nah it's not a silly question. Sadly I don't think you can; but it may well be worth looking into.

wow thats well nice how did u do that :)

This is the third time I've said it :p no problem though. :)

Read this Look to the left of the page and see the Texmod Box. Download it and follow the tutorial they have made

P.S. Thanks for the nice comment on my youtube vid :D

Mangar The Dark
15th Jun 2007, 20:13
Great work, Dukem! I actually preferred the original boots that you did. The new ones, as someone else said, look more like black shoes with striped socks. The old ones looked like expensive boots. But either way, good stuff!

Dark Lara
15th Jun 2007, 21:32
is it ok to down load? I may give it a go

NightRain'06
28th Jul 2007, 12:54
OK I have bought the regular PC version yesterday and have downloaded it. Now, where exactly am I supposed to copy the files over to ?
I've never used a custom skin on any TR games before so I'm totally clueless.

RitaG18
28th Jul 2007, 17:32
This is really cool! You're very talented :)

Demarest
29th Jul 2007, 18:38
OK I have bought the regular PC version yesterday and have downloaded it. Now, where exactly am I supposed to copy the files over to ?
I've never used a custom skin on any TR games before so I'm totally clueless.

Unless your PM is indication that you're past this point, check in the modding thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=68346).

NightRain'06
31st Jul 2007, 14:45
Okay. I've figured it out. Now, being very curious as to how to use the outfits in the program, I've input both DUKEM and Demarest's outfits together and this was my result.

1. Check it out ! Purple Eyes, Lips, Hair Bangs (I suppose that's what it is. LOL.), Belt, and Holsters !!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/nr4747/Miscellaneous/TRAZebraNPurpleShift2.jpg

2. Closeup shot ! (I know the purple bangs are hard to see but believe me, they're purple. :D)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/nr4747/Miscellaneous/TRAZebraNPurpleShift.jpg

How did I do this ? I listed Dukem's first, then Demarest's. :cool: What do you think ? :)

I tried doing it in reverse twice, listing Demarest's first, then Dukem's second but the Purple outfit just overlapped the Zebra. I was hoping for a Purple Zebra pinstripe shirt but that didn't happen. Anyway, I think I'll be playing with this "new" outfit for Anniversary. She looks so awesome !! :D

Thanks again, to Demarest and Dukem for sharing your custom made outfits !! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hopefully, when I buckle down one day, I'll create my own...

Squishy
31st Jul 2007, 14:57
Thats sooo cool! :D

NightRain'06
31st Jul 2007, 15:12
Thanks, Squishy ! Now I'm just waiting on people to make more. Maybe I should head on over to the Modding thread and sift through that instead. :whistle: LOL !

Squishy
31st Jul 2007, 15:42
Lol I wish I could use it on PS2!! hhaha

Discordia666
31st Jul 2007, 15:53
Nice one, Dukem. I like both versions actually. And the combo with the purple. Damn, she looks good with purple lips!

NightRain'06
31st Jul 2007, 15:56
Yeah, I purposely bought both PS2 and PC versions. I wanted to try and get a Collector's Edition PC version (2-disc) but I was too late. Bought the regular PC version a few days ago...

Towel
1st Aug 2007, 02:30
she looks like a American refree :lol:

Good Job Btw

moliketombdestroyer
1st Aug 2007, 03:24
NICE! D'you make the outfit? or do u have to do sumthin in the game to get them?:scratch:

NightRain'06
1st Aug 2007, 03:30
No. I downloaded Dukem's Zebra Hunting and Demarest's Purple Shift outfits and in the TexMod program, I listed them both, starting with Dukem's, then Demarest's. :)

Towel, I know. I immediately thought that the first time seeing the Zebra outfit. All she needs is to find a whistle in that backpack and she's good to go ! Hehe...