PDA

View Full Version : BOTH FACTIONS Balancing

Keffertje
11th Nov 2013, 19:09
Hiya,

During my last play session (thursday 7 november) I encounter what for me is becoming a problem, that is breaking the game as a vampire. I was in a serie of nice competitive matches, when I got on the vampire team we had a major issue and that was when the humans would start to stay in one spot of the map as a whole group. We couldn't get close to any of the humans players without being blown to peaces. That happened to me atleast twice during my play session, that was kinda ruining my match, that the only thing we could do were suicide attacks with a very small chance of success.

So far, I am surprised about this game as a Legacy of Kain fan I was a little bit afraid of this game, but to be honest, it's starting to grow on me :D

Psyonix_Corey
11th Nov 2013, 19:53
Hiya,

During my last play session (thursday 7 november) I encounter what for me is becoming a problem, that is breaking the game as a vampire. I was in a serie of nice competitive matches, when I got on the vampire team we had a major issue and that was when the humans would start to stay in one spot of the map as a whole group. We couldn't get close to any of the humans players without being blown to peaces. That happened to me atleast twice during my play session, that was kinda ruining my match, that the only thing we could do were suicide attacks with a very small chance of success.

So far, I am surprised about this game as a Legacy of Kain fan I was a little bit afraid of this game, but to be honest, it's starting to grow on me :D

Last week we did a mapwide pass to relocate or remove the Human supply/health stations in corners or near known "camp spots". This should be in tomorrow's play session build, as it didn't make it in for last session. We're hopeful this will help reduce the ability for Humans to camp one location indefinitely.

It's by design that humans are able to defend an area as an organized group, but we definitely don't want them holing up in an "OP" spot the entire match. To some extent we'll have to keep an eye on each map and see if there's specific areas we need to actually change the geometry of if they're too difficult for vampires to assault. We eliminated a lot of these during development, but human players are always finding creative new ways to break the level design :)

We also have a second game mode coming that will force humans to be a lot more mobile, so hopefully that will offer some variety to players who find the way our TDM tends to play out.

Keffertje
11th Nov 2013, 19:59
Last week we did a mapwide pass to relocate or remove the Human supply/health stations in corners or near known "camp spots". This should be in tomorrow's play session build, as it didn't make it in for last session. We're hopeful this will help reduce the ability for Humans to camp one location indefinitely.

It's by design that humans are able to defend an area as an organized group, but we definitely don't want them holing up in an "OP" spot the entire match. To some extent we'll have to keep an eye on each map and see if there's specific areas we need to actually change the geometry of if they're too difficult for vampires to assault. We eliminated a lot of these during development, but human players are always finding creative new ways to break the level design :)

We also have a second game mode coming that will force humans to be a lot more mobile, so hopefully that will offer some variety to players who find the way our TDM tends to play out.
Good to hear, I will be sure to check it out tomorrow and will let you know if the new resupply locations changed the 'camping'! :)

Xaragoth
12th Nov 2013, 00:05

Will let you know how we fare in our favorite camp spot on Freeport after the change :)

Keffertje
13th Nov 2013, 17:15
Yesterday's gameplay session, the camping has become lesser. I had some very nice matches yesterday even when the humans were camping, we had as a vampire team each class in our team and with a coordinated attack we took them out, even when they had a corner to camp.

Xaragoth
14th Nov 2013, 01:53
Camping on Freeport is still happening and it's terribad. It's less op then it was, but the wide-open harbor area and the lack of ability for sentinels to really grab someone without being shot still makes the place awful. If you take no damage, you don't need to heal (or you just resupply as a group).

There is now a few new camp spots coming up last test that I feel are actually worse for vampires to assault on some other maps. I wish I had some good way to show them off - Screenshots aren't really the best way to do it :/

Corey, gimme your UE3 Editor *grabby hands* :P

Strike5150
14th Nov 2013, 09:36
I really don't have an issue with the camping to be honest. But it would help if you made it possible to carry humans to their death over water :). Three cheers for the non-swimmers without wings.

Okay on a more serious note. You can't camp the spot indefinitely anyway, you can only use the re-supply once. Then you need to move or die. The thing that makes it easy to camp these spots is people not using their abilities. Reaver throws a smoke, sentinal picks one dude up, and the tyrant charges off the roof and lands a stun. *wash your hands*

Now I get that its strong for humans to do that, but it is kind of the point. If the humans are always on the move they are going to get picked apart in an unfair way. They need to be able to set up shop for a short time and then move to the next resupply when the fight is over. When we get a match with all skilled(take this with a grain of salt we are all n00bs right now) players it is usually quite close right now. Just don't give Balantin the Sentinal oh ye gods.