PDA

View Full Version : stuck in midas palace can someone help please

shane297
9th Jun 2007, 21:24
:confused: hi i just bought tomb raider anniversary and im stuck in midas palace im in the room where you pull the lever and the blocks move up but when i jump on them they just go back down again can someone help me please

mercurydude
9th Jun 2007, 21:33
You just need to work at hopping off of them as soon as possible after you've hopped onto them. They're timed. When you hop on one, you'll hear some clicks, and after three or four clicks, they start to sink.

Edit: Oh, and I should mention that the pillars with the spikes on top don't sink, so you can hang onto the edges of those for as long as you want to.

shane297
9th Jun 2007, 21:46
ok thank you but which way do i jump on 2 the pillers

shane297
9th Jun 2007, 22:20
You just need to work at hopping off of them as soon as possible after you've hopped onto them. They're timed. When you hop on one, you'll hear some clicks, and after three or four clicks, they start to sink.

Edit: Oh, and I should mention that the pillars with the spikes on top don't sink, so you can hang onto the edges of those for as long as you want to.

hi can you tell me which blocks 2 jump onto when i triggered the lever please

Demarest
16th Jun 2007, 02:58
Count me in. The path of where to go should be pretty obvious. The hard part is that it looks like there's a couple side paths you can take, which means I'll have to play the room three times. I don't know if it's genuinely challenging or after 16 hours straight in the game, I'm just getting worn out.

[EDIT]
I stand horribly horribly corrected. When I said path was obvious, I was thinking jump from white pillar to white pillar. Three in a row and you're done. I was wondering why I consistently couldn't hit the second jump. Much thanks to mercurydude for mentioning the spikes. It's all I needed to read to get it doen. No sooner than I posted this, I got the *whoo-wee* and the *ahem*. Couple tries later and I had the lead bar too. I'm going to try and make a video of it being done right now so others can see.

gsusfrk
17th Jun 2007, 21:20
Count me in. The path of where to go should be pretty obvious. The hard part is that it looks like there's a couple side paths you can take, which means I'll have to play the room three times. I don't know if it's genuinely challenging or after 16 hours straight in the game, I'm just getting worn out.

[EDIT]
I stand horribly horribly corrected. When I said path was obvious, I was thinking jump from white pillar to white pillar. Three in a row and you're done. I was wondering why I consistently couldn't hit the second jump. Much thanks to mercurydude for mentioning the spikes. It's all I needed to read to get it doen. No sooner than I posted this, I got the *whoo-wee* and the *ahem*. Couple tries later and I had the lead bar too. I'm going to try and make a video of it being done right now so others can see.

I cant get the *ahem* on the other side of the room, but I got the lead bar and the *woo-wee* on the right side of the room (from the lever)

Werner Von Croy
17th Jun 2007, 21:24
I cant get the *ahem* on the other side of the room, but I got the lead bar and the *woo-wee* on the right side of the room (from the lever)
Ahem remember the block you pulled out now that is a BIG hint. :)

gsusfrk
17th Jun 2007, 21:26
Ahem remember the block you pulled out now that is a BIG hint. :)

on the right side (the white ones?) I already got those ones I jus need help with the one next to the lead bar...

Werner Von Croy
17th Jun 2007, 21:28
on the right side (the white ones?) I already got those ones I jus need help with the one next to the lead bar...

No in the timing room with all the spikes and platforms,

Hint number 2 look for an oddly shaped sloped platform :)

gsusfrk
17th Jun 2007, 21:33
ok i know how to get to it, it's just getting to it... you know how you have to go around the whole room to get to the lead bar well when you jump onto the third spike pillar the sloped platform starts to go down, but when I ttry to get to it, I'm too slow and its too late... then I have to start all over again, ...ive done this like 20 times :( :mad2:

LisaB1962
17th Jun 2007, 21:46
You need to take a closer look. You have the means to make sure that last pillar doesn't go down.

gsusfrk
17th Jun 2007, 21:48
You need to take a closer look. You have the means to make sure that last pillar doesn't go down.

how?? when the only way to the lead bar not to meantion the *ahem* is through the spiked pillar... there is no other way to get to the *ahem* other than through the spiked pillar:scratch:

gsusfrk
17th Jun 2007, 22:02
nvm guys, had to watcha video before I got it,. but thanks to you all.... i've played 7-8 hours so far and I have only gotten 39% of the way... wow, i like what I see :P :D

lazza98
18th Jun 2007, 08:02
Anyone have a savefile for immediately after getting the lead bar? I have been trying to complete this room for days now on my laptop using a mousepad and directional keys, but there isn't enough time to get in the right places and right direction before the ledges / columns start to receed. I'm getting suicidal. I know what to do and how to do it, I just can't because the camera angles keep changing at crucial points:mad2:

Tomb Radar
18th Jun 2007, 08:07
It took me almost an hour (about 59 minutes) to get that first relic. I only got it because I accidently lande at the base of that final slope. :rolleyes:

croft58
18th Jun 2007, 21:16
i am stuck in the pillar room cannot get to the other side of the room for the lead bar i play on ps2
and sometimes she does not grab any help would be welcome:mad2:

Werner Von Croy
18th Jun 2007, 21:22
i am stuck in the pillar room cannot get to the other side of the room for the lead bar i play on ps2
and sometimes she does not grab any help would be welcome:mad2:

You have to be VERY quick it's a timing puzzle just stand and observe the room from lever level and you'll fly through it

Demarest
22nd Jun 2007, 03:28
I'm working on a set of game saves here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=664931). PC users can just load the Midas's Palace bA save to already have that lead bar and proceed with the game.