PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Saving in Croft Manor - why? (SPOILER Warning)

SethKoopa
9th Jun 2007, 18:20
I just got myself TR Anniversary and even though I haven't ventured outside the Manor yet I am deeply impressed.

However, I have a problem. I have completed several tasks and have obtained the maze map, the bucket, the journal and grappler.
I got much farther and got the wrench, turned on the water, I got the arrow by putting out the fire and then finally got the arrow from the statue in the pool room (or whatever it was that you got) but drowned due to the infernal swimming controls.
Upon being 'revived', I didn't possess the arrow anymore, so I left Croft Manor to reload. Then I find that I still haven't even got the wrench, no matter how many checkpoints I passed - and there were a LOT of them. Even though I've been trying again, and the game tells me Checkpoint, my progress is always lost upon reload.

Can somebody help me with this? I don't want to hate a game due to technical issues so early upon getting it.:(

EDIT:
I now see that the issue is concerning restart. First time I play Croft Manor, fine. But upon quitting the program and then loading TRA again, the game refuses to save my progress even though it says it does. I dare not play the actual game in case this happens; know a way around this?

GeorgeMaciver
9th Jun 2007, 18:51
Hi Seth, I had the same problem and then discovered it was due to my installation 'hanging' at 95%. This is a known issue and they are working on a fix. I didn't know this at the time and reinstalled the game twice until it didn't hang and that worked for me (I think the hang is DirectX related).

Anyway, there is a thread around that explains a fix but I can't locate it right now :D

*edit* This might be a good place to start :)

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=68786

Merick
9th Jun 2007, 19:41
Actually, I think this is different the savegame bug. It didn't happen to me, but I found a refrence to it on a walkthrough for the manor:

[spoiler]

http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/walks/TRAwalk/croftmanor.html

SethKoopa
10th Jun 2007, 03:10
Solved!

Selecting your profile manually upon reload seems to solve this problem.

Thanks for your help guys, and for the links; particularly yours, GeorgeM.

spacedowtjedi
25th Aug 2007, 21:18
It annoyed the crap out of me until reading this post, and then this is what I figured out.

I played Croft Manor first, and it wouldn't save anything, even AFTER I completed it, I went to start a game and it kept sticking me back at the beginning of Croft Manor...
:mad2:

Finally I said screw this.. I renamed my My Document/Eidos profile to OLD and started a new game.

This time though I just went to PLAY GAME , I loaded up went to the first check point and saved the game. I checked My new profile and everything was ok, I loaded the game a few times, quit, came back.. etc.

I think I just decided that I will do Croft Manor last... Whatever, at least I can play/save now.
:whistle: