PDA

View Full Version : How does Crystal D. like the Wii?

Vake Xeacons
9th Jun 2007, 15:23
Originally, TR:A was supposed to be exclusive to the PS2 (and PC and PSP for that matter), because Crystal D said it helps production. They know what it can do and what it can't, so they know how far to take it. But now Eidos is saying they want a Wii version and had always planned it. But what does Crystal D say?

For instance, the Resident Evil team at Capcom originally made RE4 exclusive to the Gamecube, but after its success, the executives told the team to make a PS2 version. The team nearly quit. They said there was no way a game as graphically powerful as RE4 would work on the PS2. But money heals all wounds, and after a pay raise, the team worked another half-year downsizing RE4 for the PS2.

Now, Eidos can say what they want, but Crystal D has to do the work. How does Toby Gard and his team feel about having to make a Wii version? Now the Wii is an awesome system, don't get me wrong. But it is unique. You can't really make a straight port anymore. Crystal D now has to figure out the controls, so how do they feel about having to revamp the game for the Wii?

rabid metro
9th Jun 2007, 19:33
... Now, Eidos can say what they want, but Crystal D has to do the work. How does Toby Gard and his team feel about having to make a Wii version? ...

one of us may be making the wrong assumption ...
i thought that all CD had to do was complete the game for PC ...
... and then supervise and get help for porting to PS2, PSP, Wii, etc. ... :cool:

making a Wii version, or any other port is, i would think, a non-issue to Toby ...
as long as Lara wasn't compromised ...

i think the impending Wii version is a big issue for you ...
and there are dangers there ...
if the TRA controls aren't wed to the Wii scheme intelligently, it could be a disaster ...

They say that the wii people aren't leprechuans.
They say that in a storm, any port will do.