PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: ARR....Lightning Cameo FATE date and details?

member_10248333
4th Jul 2013, 17:24
In game I will probably curse people out that wear her costume and walk up to her and shout (someone else posted this in another thread), " 'You're not welcome here, Lightning. GTFO.' lol It will make me feel better, anyway."

Plus I am going to kick whoever has her costume out of my party.

tiaeltaru
4th Jul 2013, 17:29
Except Yoshida has already talked about adding fan-service/essences from previous FF games like 2 years ago, and specifically mentioned XIII, and Ivalice on top of the Crystal Tower from III, Magitek Armor from VI, and Gold Saucer from VII.
Hell, I even remember them juggling the idea of a Coliseum battle with her.

She's an NPC, and unlike XIII, in which you are sort of stuck with interacting with her, you can completely ignore her and not do her quests.
So you're stuck with some people running about town in her armor or Snow's, who cares?

Mods here won't take kindly to you, so if you thought GFAQs was bad.

member_10248333
4th Jul 2013, 17:33
The mods here won't take kindly to me loving classic turn based Final Fantasy? So, the mods here treat TRUE FF fans (like me) like dirt, or what? I lovED classic style turn based Final Fantasy. Been wondering why new Final Fantasy games aren't like I-X. XIV is an exception since it is a spin off MMO.

So, you HAVE to love Lighting and you don't have a choice? So, the mods here will get mad that I don't like her or what? What are the mods going to do with the millions of people who scathingly loathe Lighting? Why does she have to be in every Final Fantasy game? I freaking hate her guts.

At least unlike GameFaqs moderators, they probably don't join in with insulting people and trolling people like RaptorLC, who is the biggest troll there.

tiaeltaru
4th Jul 2013, 17:36
Trolls eh, do the GameFAQs mods post their genitalia on another persons Facebook because they have issues or disagree with a person?

They aren't going to add the option for one person to remove Lightning from their game, as nobody else is acting like a spoiled brat and throwing a temper tantrum about it.

tiaeltaru
4th Jul 2013, 17:40
I already posted in response to your rampant Lightning hate, they aren't going to add the options just for you to remove things.

Oh, and it was also on-topic, you just choose to ignore it.

You can also choose to just ignore Lightning

And sure, whatever you say Greer.

member_10248333
4th Jul 2013, 17:49
Oh, and it was also on-topic, you just choose to ignore it.

You can also choose to just ignore Lightning

Talking about Facebook in a comment and not mentioning Lighting or Final Fantasy is off topic.

Oh and just how the hell am I supposed to ignore Lighting when everyone is running around with her costume of a garbage bag and hobo clothes?

ninjamanface
4th Jul 2013, 17:50
i think this kid needs to shut up.

tiaeltaru
4th Jul 2013, 17:51
Telling the truth about you is an insult?

People seeing your actions and the way you present yourself?

Keep on insulting me though.

Hey, do what you gotta do, keep on fighting the good fight.

At least you like Tales, there's always something positive.

tiaeltaru
4th Jul 2013, 17:59
And I suppose nobody is gonna run around in their artifact/job specific armor, which looks better than fanservice items that will likely have minimal stats?
I'll be pimping out my Dragoon armor majority of the time, not a Snow trenchcoat.

How is the ARR beta treating you anyways? Aside from your Lightning issues?
Fantastic I hope?

member_10248333
4th Jul 2013, 18:04
Why would you hope I have a fantastic time if you hate me? OH and please do not bring up Hope. That is another awful character from an ungodly awful game.

Yes, I was enjoying the F out of this until today, when I found this out. What a sour damper on the 4th of July. Anyhow, I have a level 26 thamauturge and a separate character up to level 15. I would share my character, but I don't want anyone stealing my character's name for when phase 4 hits.

You?

tiaeltaru
4th Jul 2013, 18:08
I don't hate you, I just don't necessarily agree with some of your ideals or your reactions.

But hey, we're not in a perfect world, not everyone is going to be singing Kumbaya around the campfire.

I'm just saying, I just think you are overreacting, she's a minor NPC, and if I can ignore a nearly naked Galka in a bronze subligar in FFXI, you can ignore people in Lightning or Snow outfits.

I have a Lancer and a Pugilist, wish we'd see Arcanist in the beta though, but they're saving that, Summoner and Scholar for the launch.

Tsukinikawatte
4th Jul 2013, 23:59
I'm going to wear the lighting outfit just so i can stay out of your party. If I'm lucky it'll act as a repellnant for other immature ppl, such as yourself, who have to express their end of the world comments over one npc event...

Carlittle95
5th Jul 2013, 01:11
Like I always say..... Some FF fans can be really imature!!!!! Stop ****ing whining and get over it.

member_10364640
5th Jul 2013, 01:35
Oh, man... neuropunk...

*facepalms*

Why can't you leave them alone? They do whatever they want with Lightning costumes and Snow costumes. Yeah, I was surprised to see that, so I'll accept them because it is true Final Fantasy after all. http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-wink.gif

Hey, I got in Closed Beta for the first time! Even here, too! Mega cool, huh?

member_10248333
5th Jul 2013, 01:49
Like I always say..... Some FF fans can be really imature!!!!! Stop ****ing whining and get over it.

Yeah, the people who actually like those inferior XIII games are immature, I know. I will not get over it until they bring TRUE Final Fantasy back, with turn based combat, world maps and everything. Not inferior modern Final Fantasy.

I'm going to wear the lighting outfit just so i can stay out of your party. If I'm lucky it'll act as a repellnant for other immature ppl, such as yourself, who have to express their end of the world comments over one npc event...

Good. Stay out of my party.

Oh, man... neuropunk...

*facepalms*

Why can't you leave them alone? They do whatever they want with Lightning costumes and Snow costumes. Yeah, I was surprised to see that, so I'll accept them because it is true Final Fantasy after all. /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-wink.gif

Hey, I got in Closed Beta for the first time! Even here, too! Mega cool, huh?

No, it is NOT true Final Fantasy, since it's not classic style and has nothing to do with Final Fantasy. Also, no idea who you are.

Grimoire
5th Jul 2013, 03:42
[General Forum Guidelines (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233/29068965/General_Forum_Guidelines)]

[Show respect and consideration to other users. Users of this forum come from various backgrounds, where their ages, sex, occupations and residential areas differ. Thus when you are making a post or reading posts made by others, always respect your fellow users.]

member_10248333
5th Jul 2013, 04:55
[General Forum Guidelines (/go/thread/view/139233/29068965/General_Forum_Guidelines)]

[Show respect and consideration to other users. Users of this forum come from various backgrounds, where their ages, sex, occupations and residential areas differ. Thus when you are making a post or reading posts made by others, always respect your fellow users.]

Maybe you should have shown me respect by not ruining what was once my favorite video game series, ever. I want classic Final Fantasy back.

Squeenix, you have NOT shown your TRUE fans REAL Final Fantasy fans with respect. You may as well have spat a thick glob of mucous in my eye, since that is what it feels like. I loved Final Fantasy so much, and you guys ruined it and took it away from me, for mediocre new crap.

member_10364640
5th Jul 2013, 12:20
[General Forum Guidelines (/go/thread/view/139233/29068965/General_Forum_Guidelines)]

Maybe you should have shown me respect by not ruining what was once my favorite video game series, ever. I want classic Final Fantasy back.

Squeenix, you have NOT shown your TRUE fans REAL Final Fantasy fans with respect. You may as well have spat a thick glob of mucous in my eye, since that is what it feels like. I loved Final Fantasy so much, and you guys ruined it and took it away from me, for mediocre new crap.

No, you are disrespected to everyone who loves Final Fantasy characters, like Lightning, and all. So please, stop disrespect and leave them alone for their sake!

Tsukinikawatte
5th Jul 2013, 14:05
FYI, I own every final fantasy. And I take them as they come I just don't pine after games and how they used to be as this is a new generation of games. In order for Square to grow they have to experiment with new styles as things are becoming more advanced technology wise. They don't want to get left behind. It's ok to not like certain FF games, but your discriminating against others for not liking a certain game? To discriminate against others over their like of a game is rather.... well... childish? Maybe that's not the right word and maybe you're 10. Point is, don't go posting in a company forum page and expect to have people not post back. You accomplished your goal of your whining being heard.. otherwise, why would you post here?

Every FF is different and thats why opinions vary on which is the best or what people like. It's because FFs are each unique which is why I enjoy them so much.

member_10248333
5th Jul 2013, 16:58
FYI, I own every final fantasy. And I take them as they come I just don't pine after games and how they used to be as this is a new generation of games. In order for Square to grow they have to experiment with new styles as things are becoming more advanced technology wise. They don't want to get left behind.

Why would Squeenix get left behind with making classic style Final Fantasy games? Those are the types of games that Final Fantasy fans truly want. Squeenix are getting left behind with crap like the mediocre FFXIII series. How they used to be?? FF had the same formula for 15+ years, and all of a sudden they drastically change it.

It's ok to not like certain FF games, but your discriminating against others for not liking a certain game? To discriminate against others over their like of a game is rather.... well... childish?

What about Square Enix discriminating against true Final Fantasy fans that love true classic style Final Fantasy, instead of Devil May Cry Fantasy XV? FFXV looks like some crappy action game and nothing like FF.

Every FF is different and thats why opinions vary on which is the best or what people like. It's because FFs are each unique which is why I enjoy them so much.

That gets said a lot, but what is ignored, is that while different, classic Final Fantasy games remained pretty close in formula. FFXIII has a formula that is nothing like Final Fantasy. I don't know what the hell it is, but it's nothing like it. I would not even call FFXIII a JRPG since there are barely any RPG elements, not to mention how little gameplay there is, I am not even sure I would call it a game.

member_10248333
5th Jul 2013, 17:00
No, you are disrespected to everyone who loves Final Fantasy characters, like Lightning, and all. So please, stop disrespect and leave them alone for their sake!

No. Putting Lightning into a game she has nothing to do with, it does not have the number XIII on it, is offensive. I was enjoying FF14, and then all of a sudden I hear this terrible news that she is going to be in FF14 and ruin it. It is disrespectful to me, and to all the others who scathingly hate the FFXIII series and Lighting.

member_10364640
5th Jul 2013, 17:48

No. Putting Lightning into a game she has nothing to do with, it does not have the number XIII on it, is offensive. I was enjoying FF14, and then all of a sudden I hear this terrible news that she is going to be in FF14 and ruin it.

So? Naoki Yoshida, SE, and Toriyama don't care about that. They believe it's good idea to give FFXIV a special treat or something. Do not blame them because they're working so harder since FFXIV 1.0 went into the toliet. No offense, the former director of the original Final Fantasy XIV. After all, it's their game to make everyone happy because they made a right decision.

Oh, yeah, remember sometimes they ruin the game, but they can't help themselves. And CEO President, whoever you are, did not fire them because he had some faith in them and give them more opprunity to grow the company stronger.

Genobeez
5th Jul 2013, 18:07
Wow they are gonna have lightnings costume? awsome! looks like im gonna have to pay extra money for the 2 char slots just for the visuals

MaidofHearts
11th Nov 2013, 11:34
So I heard that the FATE and quests involving helping Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII is supposed to happen this month and will enable me to get Lightning's outfit...

However, I have heard no new information since September 26.If this still happening? How do we find it? Is there a level cap on being able to participate in the event? When and where is the event in-game?

I hope news gets updated soon! :hmm:

Hippy_Pickle
11th Nov 2013, 13:26
There are no official details yet as to what this entails or even the exact launch date, speculation was for around the 15th of November. So if there's a patch update this weekend then there you go. Keep an eye on the Lodestone website and forums for official announcements.

As for the question of required level then my own opinion would be a level 50 FATE similar to the Odin and Behemoth FATE's but they may make it easier to have it playable by more 'casual' players.

Time will tell :)

p.s. only female toons will get the Lightning outfit btw, male toons will get Snows outfit.

TheRealKraggy
12th Nov 2013, 12:48
http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/368b204c9c0ba76ce800c2eca7076ed0b61a2256

Not being an FF afficienado I have no idea who she is, beyond seemingly an anime female with big bits and a skimpy outfit. :D

Hippy_Pickle
13th Nov 2013, 13:49
So the official word is out, here are the details (source xivnation.com)

It seems like the previously mentioned “14th” will be the magic date that a certain “mysterious traveler” will enter Eorzea. With a bit of mystery surrounding the character and how she actually fits into a logical story line, the first of 4 quests kicks off on Thursday. Every two days a new event in the chain will open up until all four are available. They will then remain available until December 9th, so if you can’t jump into the Lightning FATE right away you don’t have to worry.

Weapons and gender specific gear are on the table for those that complete the event and each of the 4 quests does have a minimum level so make sure you get up to at least level 45 to take on all four challenges.

If you just started playing and can’t make it though, don’t worry. You’ll have another opportunity to play the Lightning FATE event in February of 2014 in the NA/EU regions as the the event will circle back through to usher in the launch of Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII.

* By completing the quest “For the Winsome” players will gain access to a new hairstyle from the aesthetician scheduled for implementation in patch 2.1.
Event Date and Times

From Thursday, November 14, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. to Monday, December 9, 2013 at 6:59 a.m. (PST) (Nov 14th 8am GMT - Dec 9th 2:59pm GMT)
The story arc for this event is comprised of multiple quests that will be released at the following times:

Chapter 1: From Thursday, November 14, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. (PST) (8am GMT)
Chapter 2: From Saturday, November 16, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. (PST) (8am GMT)
Chapter 3: From Monday, November 18, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. (PST) (8am GMT)
Chapter 4: From Wednesday, November 20, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. (PST) (8am GMT)
* Previous chapters will remain available as new chapters are unlocked.

Lightning Strikes
Speak to the reporters who will appear at the following locations.
* Please note that these quests cannot be completed after the event has concluded.
* This event is scheduled to make a return in February 2014 for the North American and European release of Lighting Returns: FINAL FANTASY XIII.

Chapter 1: For the Winsome
Required Level: 12 or above
Quest Prerequisites: None
Quest Location: Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks – Peter Winsome

Chapter 2: Seeking the Scoop
Required Level: 26 or above
Quest Prerequisites: Complete “For the Winsome”
Quest Location: Uldah, Steps of Nald – Dural Tharal

Chapter 3: The Knight’s Passage
Required Level: 38 or above
Quest Prerequisites: Complete “Seeking the Scoop”
Quest Location: Old Gridania – Kipih Jakkya

Chapter 4: Wonder and Lightning
Required Level: 45 or above
Quest Prerequisites: Complete “The Knight’s Passage”
Quest Location: Old Gridania – Kipih Jakkya

Holicallus
15th Nov 2013, 03:41
Sorry,I would like to ask about the quest detail that after talking to the reporter,what I have to do next? I have no clue because it just say that I have to find the evidence of experience

Hippy_Pickle
15th Nov 2013, 10:45
I don't have the specifics of what the quests entail as I'm not currently playing but surely the quest details in your journal will direct you on the area you need to go.

Grimoire
28th Nov 2013, 15:36
Announcing the “XIII Days – Your Fate is Sealed” Contest (11/27/2013) (http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3828a1d2260c5c2f2ed6f89d79fb3f159247f630).

SpiritGlider
27th Jun 2014, 15:13
I missed the lighting returns event and didn't get the hair style will their be another event to get it?

SpiritGlider
27th Jun 2014, 19:29
Will I Be able to get the lightning hair style again at any point in the future.

Hippy_Pickle
30th Jun 2014, 08:56
There's been no news about the FATE events coming back again, you tend to find certain events are a one time only deal. The lightning quests have already been out twice, once for the Japanese launch of FFXIII-3 and again for the European launch. So I'm afraid you may have missed out.

SpiritGlider
30th Jun 2014, 16:25
It'll probably come in this next update or a future one hopefully.