PDA

View Full Version : How far are you?

lara_lover
9th Jun 2007, 10:37
YES:D... finaly played out Tomb Raider Anniversary:D... full 100%:D...
it took me about 1.5 weeks steady gaming...

How far are you???

GeorgeMaciver
9th Jun 2007, 11:48
Congrats and welcome to the forums. I'll be starting the Colisseum later today. Don't expect to be much better than 50% when I'm done :D

Legend_of_Lara
9th Jun 2007, 11:53
i will buy this game a few hours later.so if i can complete game 100% i will write here.;)

GB619
9th Jun 2007, 13:22
Im in the cistern,just completely drained the pools and chucked crates over edge,had a few frights along the way,certain animals appear round corners without warning....yikess

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7590/tombsigpj5.jpg

redfox45
9th Jun 2007, 14:45
What do you get for the time trails? is it cheats? because there is not a chance in hell im going to be doing any of them, my PS3 will be in pieces, far too stressful...far too stressful.

TheJimReaper
9th Jun 2007, 15:48
How far am I? Well I got to the bit where you have to kill those 2 trojan horse thingy's. I got to this point yesterday morningish, and still there at the mo, will fiqure out how to kill the *beeping* things soon, I hope!!! lol

gopher666
9th Jun 2007, 16:39
Finished it in 8 and a half days. I have to say the cheats are definately worth getting. Especially Egypt and Atlantis ones

L3ggy
9th Jun 2007, 16:41
I'm at 97% on 2 savings.

inkaschnauzer
9th Jun 2007, 17:02
Hi

I was thoroughly enjoying the game until I hit a problem on the last section of Tomb of Qualopec (Peru). My graphic card does not seem to support the game fully and I am stuck when trying to kill Larson as the indicator arrows do not appear and I end up being killed. It is almost the end of that Level and I am stuck!

Would be very grateful if you could help and send me a saved game for that point of the game.

I await your reply.

Thank you

Inka:nut:

L3ggy
9th Jun 2007, 17:03
My graphic card does not seem to support the game fully

That's why PS2 is better than a PC

vale
9th Jun 2007, 19:27
I'm in the Temple of Khamoon in Egypt. Not long completed the chamber of ledges.

Headshots4life
9th Jun 2007, 20:01
I just finished Peru yesterday and so far I have not missed any relics or artifacts.

L3ggy
9th Jun 2007, 20:02
I just finished Peru yesterday and so far I have not missed any relics or artifacts.

Good to hear that headshot.

Headshots4life
9th Jun 2007, 20:07
Thanks, part of it was because of your help :)

L3ggy
9th Jun 2007, 20:09
You're welcome, PM me if you need any more help.

Bampire
9th Jun 2007, 23:16
I just beat the game, but now I'm currently working on getting all the artifacts and secrets x.x

*Edit*

so far, got all artifacts and relics! I just need to do the time trials and whatnot.. And get the cheats.. :3

The Real Tommy V
9th Jun 2007, 23:56
St Francis Folly in the Damocles room. I've already gotten two of the keys. Posieden and Hepaestes.

Joshorty
10th Jun 2007, 04:41
I'm currently in Coliseum right now and MY GOSH St.Francis took me soo long! They really did a great job re-imagining it though what happened to be THOR in the original (forgot which named replaced it...), I liked it how it was dark with the hammer being bigger...

Right now, I hear lots of creaking noises above me in the Coliseum level..I'm FREAKED OUT!:eek: (don't spoil me:D!)

NightRain'06
11th Jun 2007, 04:07
Right now, I'm in Greece - St. Francis Folly. One step behind The Real Tommy V. :lol:

I have found one key and working on acquiring the second. :)

L3ggy
11th Jun 2007, 04:46
Which key?

NightRain'06
11th Jun 2007, 05:01
I already did a dry run before turning off the game early this afternoon so I know how to get it. Need to get the Key of Posieden.

(Why turned off ?? Had to work. Booo ! LOL All I thought about was TRA. :D)

L3ggy
11th Jun 2007, 05:03
So i ask again, which key?

NightRain'06
11th Jun 2007, 05:15
I said it. The Key of Posieden.

L3ggy
11th Jun 2007, 05:31
Sorry didn't see it and it's Poseidon ;)

Tomb Radar
11th Jun 2007, 07:33
I got it yesterday. Only spent about 1 and a half hours in Croft Manor. Finished it and got 6 artifacts. I've no idea where the others are. Hopefully its going to take me ages to find them. :)

Werner Von Croy
11th Jun 2007, 15:11
YES:D... finaly played out Tomb Raider Anniversary:D... full 100%:D...
it took me about 1.5 weeks steady gaming...

How far are you???

I have just completed it with 100% yay, now doing time trials just finished greece level.

TRNoob
11th Jun 2007, 22:10
I'm still in the "trying to find it in a store" part. :D It's just wicked that it is late coming out in the US... :nut:

Anxdrew
11th Jun 2007, 23:05
Palace Midas - the room with timed columns. I've been playing for about 9 hours overall, which is slow compared to some people haha.

Mertz523
11th Jun 2007, 23:47
Because I normally don't have time for video games anymore, I have gotten through Peru and Croft Manor in 3 sittings since I got it last Wednesday. I was going to start St Francis Folly today, but cirucmstances prevented it...yet again.

In reading the level listing in the strategy guide, I noticed there is a fairly important, yet unnecessary (in my eyes) level omitted from the final cut of the game: The Cistern. Wasn't that level before Tomb of Tihocan in the original?

EDIT: I saw in a post before mine that someone was in the Cistern. I thought they were crazy, but now that I look at the objectives in the guide, it says the first objective is Entering Tihocan's Cistern. So they merged the two levels into one. My bad!

Joshorty
12th Jun 2007, 00:30
O I didn't know that..I'm just about there right now. And SIGH the secrets are hard to get! That's why I'm getting them all in my first run:D Leaving no worries when I do time trial:D

I'm still in the "trying to find it in a store" part. :D It's just wicked that it is late coming out in the US... :nut:
O man you're missing out:( Hope you get it real soon:D

OmegaRS
12th Jun 2007, 01:10
Beat it, got all the Relics and Artifacts. Now working on the Greece time trials. Finished Peru time trials (They were easy!!). The St. Francis Folly time trial was STRESSFUL! The first time I did it I got to the end about to put the keys in, and time expired >.< I finished it now though...

Oh and to the person who asked about Thor from the original: Thor is a Norse god. We're in Greece, and not... where ever Norse comes from... So they changed it to Hephaestus, the Greek god of Forging. Just like Neptune was changed to Poseidon because Neptune is a roman god.

Joshorty
12th Jun 2007, 01:36
Oooo! I never kenw that:D ! Good that they brought the facts together:D!

marah
12th Jun 2007, 01:52
I just started... :rolleyes:

L3ggy
12th Jun 2007, 02:31
You did what?! I've finished the game 3 times.

TouchOfPink
12th Jun 2007, 17:59
I've just entered Midas's Palace where the gorillas jump out on you. The Colisseum was alot shorter than I thought it would be?! :nut:

*honey*
12th Jun 2007, 18:42
im at the obelisk of khamoon at this really difficult jump and im frustrated because i cant do it so ive turned it off

Headshots4life
12th Jun 2007, 22:50
I just finished St. Francis' Folly, that was one of the best levels I have ever played in any game :D I got all 6 artifacts. TRA is such a great game :)

Tomb Radar
13th Jun 2007, 07:44
I finished Lost Valley last night, but turned back for secrets. I got the Relic and an artifact. Don't have a clue where the other artifact is. This could take a while. :)

Capkeez
13th Jun 2007, 07:53
i'm at that funny underground atlantean pyramid thing after natla's mines

ElectroBoy
13th Jun 2007, 11:51
I completed it in two days.

gsusfrk
13th Jun 2007, 13:53
alritey, Hey y'all,
okay, I'm stuck...so really im explaining where I am... St. Folly's (awesome bacground music-- scary :rasp: ) uh well I'm in the room of swords and I was wondering how do you -- when you're wall running -- get onto the pillar...I've tried to jump back instead of sideways, but it won't work... well only if I say still in the middle, but that doesn't help me at all... so could anyone help me with that...AND THATS ALL I WANT HELP WITH.... thanks :o

ElectroBoy
13th Jun 2007, 14:21
When you're wall running, just as you get level with the pillar, move the analog stick to the left, and then jump.

gsusfrk
13th Jun 2007, 14:44
When you're wall running, just as you get level with the pillar, move the analog stick to the left, and then jump.

ok, i have a gamepad...but when I'm wall running, sometimes I press up and down and wall runs and still at that same angle of the camera I press left and right and she still wall runs, so when I tried that it wouldn't budge

Phlip
13th Jun 2007, 14:46
100% finished.

FinalKai
13th Jun 2007, 15:23
Beat it in 2 days. I still have one or two artifacts that I missed.

I'm proud to say that I haven't used a single guide to help me find any of the relics or Artifacts, just my own tomb raiding instincts.

I SERIOUSLY wish the games were longer...a WHOLE lot longer. There's just never enough when it comes to adventures with Lara.

Phlip
13th Jun 2007, 15:26
I used a game guide towards the end of my quest to find every reward.

L3ggy
13th Jun 2007, 15:30
That's just noobish(no offence)

LisaB1962
13th Jun 2007, 16:51
Don't call someone a noob just because they don't play the game like you. It's about fun. It's not a job, you know. No committee of standards and excellences is going to come revoke a gaming license because OMG! He looked at a guide! :lol: Just have fun. Leave all the name-calling for fanbois.

I'm in Palace Midas. I had to put it down last night because I was getting too frustrated and needed a break.

Joshorty
13th Jun 2007, 20:38
I got so frustrated (almost) in Palace Midas, getting the secret in the fiery room (which is SO different from the original:D)

Tomb Radar
14th Jun 2007, 07:56
I got to St Francis Folly last night. :)

Laura Croft
14th Jun 2007, 08:41
L3ggy and ElectroBoy - how the hell do you have so much spare time to be able to do that? I thought I was addicted to Tomb Raider by spending at least two hours almost everyday. You guys must not get off at all! :eek:

I'm at Obelisk of Khamoon. It's taken me ages to get here. I'm trying not to cheat and some of the jumps/moves/kills are so hard. I've had to turn it off several times because I've wanted to snap the disk in half! *sighs* I love Tomb Raider. :D

boots
14th Jun 2007, 09:00
I just made it to Midas's Palace tonight, and the very first thing I did was hop on the statue's hand. :D I couldn't help myself.

I'd be farther along if it wasn't for some fun glitches that made me replay the first two and a half levels of Peru three times in a row. Oh well, at least it'll help me practice for timed runs. I play pretty slow, though. I like to see everything and take my time. I can't imagine finishing the game in less than two days!

gsusfrk
14th Jun 2007, 13:01
I got to St Francis Folly last night. :)

a very awesome level! :thumbsup: love the background music

I just made it to Midas's Palace tonight, and the very first thing I did was hop on the statue's hand. :D I couldn't help myself.

I'd be farther along if it wasn't for some fun glitches that made me replay the first two and a half levels of Peru three times in a row. Oh well, at least it'll help me practice for timed runs. I play pretty slow, though. I like to see everything and take my time. I can't imagine finishing the game in less than two days!

well they did it, and I'm not even half way and it's almost been a week... but yea probably they didn't put down the game very much
I have too, I have a job and a life :rasp: :lmao:

OuTR
14th Jun 2007, 15:30
Ok, I was able to see my percentage while I hadn't beaten the game so I could see my completion each time I saved. But now that I've beaten it and am starting my quest towards 100%, (I'm on time trials at the moment) I dont know where to look to see how I'm doing. When I go to my profile, it shows how long I've played but it shows 0% completion :scratch: Where can I check :confused:

stmayhem
15th Jun 2007, 09:26

erm, NO

NightRain'06
20th Jun 2007, 00:41
I'm in Egypt ~ Sanctuary of the Scion. :)

Demarest
20th Jun 2007, 06:19
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've got 1,310,720 pixels on screen and modability that says you're not even close :rasp:

But that's not why I'm posting here. I've seen three people here say they got 100% and I'm curious how. I've played the game all the way through. I've done all the time trials, including Croft Manor. And I've made sure to go back and get every artifact and relic. What am I missing?

ElectroBoy
20th Jun 2007, 11:49
L3ggy and ElectroBoy - how the hell do you have so much spare time to be able to do that? I thought I was addicted to Tomb Raider by spending at least two hours almost everyday. You guys must not get off at all!

I wasn't playing it that much. It was just too easy.

Laura Croft
20th Jun 2007, 11:55
I wasn't playing it that much. It was just too easy.

Okay then, maybe you can help me. Sanctuary of the Scion. The room with the four columns that I have to raise and shine that light thingy on them. I can't do it, and I've been trying for ages. I'm starting to hate it. Got any useful tips on how to do this?

ElectroBoy
20th Jun 2007, 12:08
Crap. I can't remember. :S

DayLightX
20th Jun 2007, 12:20
Just finished it, lol, totally over conserved ammunition and med packs (ended up only using the unlimited ammo handguns, and 2 large medpacks :lol: )

Okay then, maybe you can help me. Sanctuary of the Scion. The room with the four columns that I have to raise and shine that light thingy on them. I can't do it, and I've been trying for ages. I'm starting to hate it. Got any useful tips on how to do this?

which room are you in exactly?

The room you mentioned, there are two of them. Anyway, general tips, you're suppose to raise the 4 pillers that are in the pool. Have you notice the rings in the wall that you can grapple but can't pull? The sections of the wall under those that look like ladders can be climbed. Climb to the top of those ladder shaped wall sections and wait until the beetles on the wall lock up the ring sections. With each piller you raise, a bridge would also extend, when all 4 pillers are raised, the bridge would be fully extended. Once that happens, go back to the top of the room and flip the switch

hope this helps :)

Laura Croft
20th Jun 2007, 12:22
Right, I'll have a go at this later. I'm not being defeated on this! Thanks.

DayLightX
20th Jun 2007, 12:34
Right, I'll have a go at this later. I'm not being defeated on this! Thanks.

hehe, no probs. G'luck with the rest.

Towel
21st Jun 2007, 15:50
im at Tomb of qualopec after 2:27:01 without stoping except to use bathroom food and to post on this

at cinematic

Werner Von Croy
21st Jun 2007, 16:18
Just finished it, lol, totally over conserved ammunition and med packs (ended up only using the unlimited ammo handguns, and 2 large medpacks :lol: )

which room are you in exactly?

The room you mentioned, there are two of them. Anyway, general tips, you're suppose to raise the 4 pillers that are in the pool. Have you notice the rings in the wall that you can grapple but can't pull? The sections of the wall under those that look like ladders can be climbed. Climb to the top of those ladder shaped wall sections and wait until the beetles on the wall lock up the ring sections. With each piller you raise, a bridge would also extend, when all 4 pillers are raised, the bridge would be fully extended. Once that happens, go back to the top of the room and flip the switch

hope this helps :)

There's one of them that's quite straightforward and the other you need to manipulate the switches with your grapple after you have raised the collums, go for the 2 switches near the way you go up to switch at top raise them then go back to original one you lowered very confusing :nut: