PDA

View Full Version : Half Horse Half Man Bosses Unbeatable

AntonisCy
9th Jun 2007, 09:52
I think its crazy they made these bosses so hard. I have read the walkthru and was told what to do but still you cant do it. So i will have to cheat because i want to continue to play the game.. Can someone tell me how i can cheat to pass these bosses?

Thanks

Phlip
9th Jun 2007, 09:54
Much to your demise, you can only do a cheat when you finish certain levels on a time trial because that'll unlock a cheat so it looks like you're stuck. Sorry. :o

badgerlover
9th Jun 2007, 09:55
I think its crazy they made these bosses so hard. I have read the walkthru and was told what to do but still you cant do it. So i will have to cheat because i want to continue to play the game.. Can someone tell me how i can cheat to pass these bosses?

Thanks
They're clearly not unbeatable, many people on here have conquered the beasts!!!!

Trueform
9th Jun 2007, 10:12
I don't think they're hard. I don't like the fact that you never get to fight kid,kold,larsen and pierre.

Just stun one and use the grapple, then use the shield when they do the beam thingie and then shoot them.

ray
9th Jun 2007, 13:38
I'm stuck on that bit too even thought I have a Walkthrough guide. In fact I think all the 'bosses' in the game are too difficult and the rage meter is just silly. This will be the first Tomb Raider game that I've never completed. :mad:

AntonisCy
9th Jun 2007, 16:30
even if you manage to grapple one of the stunned horses shield the other one attacks you before you have time to retreive it... Its so silly that its this hard... id like to continue the game but im thinking of just giving up and uninstalling it

TheRidster
9th Jun 2007, 18:21
even if you manage to grapple one of the stunned horses shield the other one attacks you before you have time to retreive it... Its so silly that its this hard... id like to continue the game but im thinking of just giving up and uninstalling it

Thats not true otherwise nobody would be able to beat them. You have to be fast:rasp:

vale
9th Jun 2007, 19:23
I tried to kill these guys for three hours and gave up. I was thinking it was rediculously difficult. After boycotting the game for 2 days, and following the advice of forum members, I got back on and managed to defeat them in 25 minutes.

You must ditch the shields from both centaurs before using the sheild to turn them to stone. They only use the stone eye blast thingy with no more rage attacks after both shields are on the ground.

When I figured out what I was doing wrong, it was much easier to manage. Still they are difficult bosses.

If I can do it, anyone can. I'm hardly a seasoned gamer. Keep at it. :)

-Angela

L3ggy
9th Jun 2007, 19:27
They were quite easy me for but i'm a seasoned gamer.

Digital Sith
9th Jun 2007, 20:17
I couldn't figure out what to do for about twenty minutes. Then I read her journal and Lara said something about the shield having a ring on it. Then it became a D'Oh! moment. I like the homage to Clash of the Titans.

AntonisCy
9th Jun 2007, 20:26
what are you guys talking about... i tried grappling their shields for days and they just wont come off... every time i connect to one of them and try to pull them, either the grapple disconnects or i get hit by the other horse

Digital Sith
9th Jun 2007, 20:35
When you grapple the shields are you pressing triangle to pull the shield away? In order to grapple the shields you need to successfully pull off the "bullet-time" adrenaline move. Both of the centaurs should be stuned. Grapple the shield of the nearest one (his head should be down, not upright) and press triangle to pull the shield away. Repeat for the other centuar and then from that point on they will only beam you when their rage is full. Before this happens, pick up a shield and aim the beam back at one, then the other. You should be able to figure the rest out on your own. Hope this helped.

Xcom
9th Jun 2007, 20:38
either the grapple disconnects or i get hit by the other horse

That doesn't sound right.

Just so there is no misunderstanding, you can do this only when centaur is stunned (after successful adrenaline attack).

You pull the shield with interact key (E on pc) when the grappler is attached. If you press grapple key twice (or sequentially) it will detach (which I think what might be happening in your case).

AntonisCy
9th Jun 2007, 21:00
what is an adrelanine rush? i keep shooting them untill they do the glow thing which i avoid, then shoot them again till they stand on their two and i try to detatch the shield.. Sometimes one of them stops and i try to take his shield and then again it wont come of.. im using the pc and i have never had a problem with "grapling" in this game in previous stages

Xcom
9th Jun 2007, 21:53
untill they do the glow thing which i avoid

What do you mean by avoid? When they are fully enraged (red bar filled) and charge you, the screen should blurry for a second or two. When that happens, perform the dodge move, wait for crosshairs to become one, and shoot. That is known as adrenaline attack. It is also described in the manual.

TheAgent
9th Jun 2007, 22:04
after reading the other posts I'm not surprised people are getting confused,

this is the sequence of how to do these two.

Get your pistols out and start firing until the rage meter is full, the first time you get a full rage bar, they will shoot the green beam at you, just jump in the water to avoid this.

Then get the rage bar to full again, but this time one will charge at you, preform the Adrenalin dodge (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=69261) and shoot the one charging you, this will stun the beast, now grapple its shield out of its hands...

Then repeat, on the other one,

Once the shield is out of both beasties hands, shoot them until the rage meter is full, this time they will only shoot the green beam, make sure you are standing close to the shields, once they start to do the green beams, pick up a shield and aim it at one of them, it will turn to stone, now lay into it will all guns blazing, and repeat on the last one.

vale
9th Jun 2007, 23:29
Just my two cents about the green beam. You don't have to run anywhere. Just make sure your pistols aren't drawn and the green beam attack does nothing to you. As soon as it passes, draw your guns again.

Also, when they turn to stone, I suggest using the shotgun or the caliber pistols for a quicker kill.

RMLR
9th Jun 2007, 23:46
Using the video tutorials on tombraiderchronicles helped me out when/if I had problems with the boss's.

Maybe you should try the same, instead of just read it...

CharlieTrace
10th Jun 2007, 04:08
About grappling the shields: One thing you have to remember to do before you use your grapple is to let go of the button that holds Lara's guns out. If you're still holding on to that button when you grapple, it will instantly disconnect and you can't pull the shields off.

I had that problem, too. Just let go of the button that draws her weapons first and you'll be fine. :)

Bampire
10th Jun 2007, 05:37
There's a clip of how to kill them, and come to find out they're really easy.. It's like fighting the gorgons on God of War.. Where they turn you into stone and you wiggle your way out.. Here's the clip - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDGvGwlTiXU

Captain Mazda
10th Jun 2007, 08:23
Ok.

If the bosses are hard, there are complaints.

If they're too easy, there are still complaints.

*sigh* Some kids just shouldn't be allowed near games.

rabid metro
10th Jun 2007, 18:21
If the bosses are hard, there are complaints.
If they're too easy, there are still complaints.

... so that's how you know you are doing things right, you've got complainers on both sides ... :)

Dad
10th Jun 2007, 19:06
There are Trainers for ppl who can't beat the on there own. :rasp:

Werner Von Croy
10th Jun 2007, 19:32

Thanks

Shoot them till their rage metre goes up but when it does jump in the water as they turn you to ice, the second sequence is not an ice shot, but an adrenelin shot, if you managed this, the horsey will be stunned briefly, pull it's shield away with grapple and shoot again, the cenataur will try and freeze you again, this time pick up shield so the spell backfires on it and freezes it, then use your most powerful guns to get rid of it. repeat the same senario with second, horsey men should fall no problems

indy2kro
10th Jun 2007, 19:53
They are not invincible and if you follow the tips here you can kill them pretty easily: How to kill the centaurs (http://******************************/tomb-raider-anniversary-walkthrough/Level8_Tomb_Tihocan/index5.php).