PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else with these problems (PS2-version)

enoch
8th Jun 2007, 23:38
Right, so I am in the manor and have playing around in the room with the angel hanging from the ceiling - you know, the one you are supposed to shoot down - and I have read in a walkthrough (yes I cheat) that you should either use the box as a short cut or do the balance thing on the plank. I am able to balance but no reticule shows up thus I am unable to shot it down from a distance. As for the box, well it seems as if I have pushed off at the wrong edge because it is not possible to push it very far and certainly not towards the balcony. Sometimes I even experience that things have reset even though I did forfill the tasks and saved it afterwards. Anyone with this problem and what to do?

enoch
8th Jun 2007, 23:46
Oh, almost forgot. Another problem I have been having is at the underground tempel in Tomb of Tihocan. Now, I am walking with Kentaurs but have no medipacs left thus I have been unable to defeat them, so I am thinking : all right, let me restart the level...NOT!!!
Apparently I can only restart the level if it has been unlocked. Otherwise I need to go back to Peru and work my way up from there - that is, unless it only gives me the opportunity to replay that exact level and nothing else? There must be another way, please help!

Notts Raider
8th Jun 2007, 23:53
You have been going through by the skin of your teeth, I'm afraid you have to continue. Be thankful, that when you die, your health level goes back to full :rolleyes:

munchkin
9th Jun 2007, 00:00
My advice? Reply as much as your willing and store your meidpacks more carefully, remeber if you've just saved and die your health goes back to full, so if you've made an error like a dodgy fall, or messed up a drop or jump die and do it again, thus saving medi packs.

This is how i played the original (PSone with the save crystals) and used pistols to conserve ammo. It took a while but was well worth it, i'm finding TRA to be the same.

beccaxx

munchkin
9th Jun 2007, 00:01
Re the manor, keep trying or leave it till the next time you play through i'm afriad, it worked for me so it should work for you (also on PS2) ...

good luck.

beccaxx

aussie500
9th Jun 2007, 01:37
Right, so I am in the manor and have playing around in the room with the angel hanging from the ceiling - you know, the one you are supposed to shoot down - and I have read in a walkthrough (yes I cheat) that you should either use the box as a short cut or do the balance thing on the plank. I am able to balance but no reticule shows up thus I am unable to shot it down from a distance. As for the box, well it seems as if I have pushed off at the wrong edge because it is not possible to push it very far and certainly not towards the balcony. Sometimes I even experience that things have reset even though I did forfill the tasks and saved it afterwards. Anyone with this problem and what to do?

Perhaps you should give up on reading walkthroughs and actually start to think about what you are trying to do. The box and plank have nothing to do with shooting the rope, you can only shoot the rope when actually looking at where it is attached to the floor. How on earth would you expect to shoot the rope standing on the box. The box is just a shorter way of getting back up if you fall of the plank. The plank is there so you can get to the platform to shoot the rope.

1 full life should be more than enough to defeat the centaurs, if not yes you will have to go back to a previous save point. You should save your progress all the way along anyway, particularly save at the beginning of each level so if you need to you can restart it again.

enoch
9th Jun 2007, 14:05
Perhaps you should give up on reading walkthroughs and actually start to think about what you are trying to do. The box and plank have nothing to do with shooting the rope, you can only shoot the rope when actually looking at where it is attached to the floor. How on earth would you expect to shoot the rope standing on the box. The box is just a shorter way of getting back up if you fall of the plank. The plank is there so you can get to the platform to shoot the rope.

1 full life should be more than enough to defeat the centaurs, if not yes you will have to go back to a previous save point. You should save your progress all the way along anyway, particularly save at the beginning of each level so if you need to you can restart it again.

I probably haven't made myself clear about the balcony situation. What I meant was that I couldn't use the box as a lift for the balcony because I wasn't able to push all the way to it. It probably isn't big enough either.

BUT, from the plank and to the balcony - how??? I try to jump at the vertical planks just ahead but it is not possible to grab them.

As for the savepoints I think it sucks big time that you are not able to choose replay level as soon as you have started one. That was possible back in the old days (sigh). It only seems like you have the option to open each level if they have been saved or via bonus or something. Anyway thanks for all the answers.:)

Atheist
9th Jun 2007, 14:10
Yes, scrap checkpoints, bring back the save fuction and give us a restart level button.

aussie500
9th Jun 2007, 14:19
You push the box of, jump on the moving plank around the middle should do, wait for it to tip up enough for Lara to reach the planks on the scaffolding and run and jump before she slides of the plank. What is so hard about that?

9th Jun 2007, 14:28
Don't jump from the box to the plank, but the scaffold where you pushed the box off:thumbsup:

Leak
9th Jun 2007, 14:35
You push the box of, jump on the moving plank around the middle should do
Or you can just use the box to climb up the scaffolding opposite the swinging plank, and start from there. Who said you can use the box to climb the balcony anyway? (Because you can't...)

enoch
10th Jun 2007, 11:27
You push the box of, jump on the moving plank around the middle should do, wait for it to tip up enough for Lara to reach the planks on the scaffolding and run and jump before she slides of the plank. What is so hard about that?

Well a lot appearently, thats why I've been making this bloody thread!!! Like I stated in the last reply she wouldn't grab the scaffolding next to/ in front of the balancing plank and everything else is too far away. I might be doing something wrong, perhaps I havenĀ“t she needs to jump and grab very linearly but I actually did try. Furthermore I find the battle with the kentaurs (shoot, roll, pull-your-guns-again, shoot, avoid, dance-around, dodge, grab, dance, shoot, roll....well, I think its annoying.
The story, the looks and the most of the control scheme on the other hand, is wonderful.

enoch
10th Jun 2007, 11:28
Or you can just use the box to climb up the scaffolding opposite the swinging plank, and start from there. Who said you can use the box to climb the balcony anyway? (Because you can't...)

No one really, thats just how I interpretated the walk through.

Werner Von Croy
10th Jun 2007, 20:09

Tut tut using a walkthrough :scratch:

enoch
10th Jun 2007, 20:34
Tut tut using a walkthrough :scratch:

Yes, hence the "(yes I cheat)"...:rolleyes:

Werner Von Croy
10th Jun 2007, 20:41
Yes, hence the "(yes I cheat)"...:rolleyes:

Is it published by Brady games? Maybe that's why you are having problems?

L3ggy
10th Jun 2007, 20:49
My advice on the centaurs: shoot with pistols or caliber and jump around and when they are turned to stone use the shotgun.