PDA

View Full Version : Can't Get Into Damocles Room

bonander
8th Jun 2007, 18:33
This is driving me absolutely crazy!! I can not get through the first gate to enter Damocles room. I pulled down the block with my grappling hook and put it under the gate before it drops, but I can't reach the ledge above. Lara just seems to be an inch away from grabbing it. I got so annoyed that I bought the stragedy guide, thinking I have to be missing something, but it said to do the exact thing I just did :mad2: . Can anyone point out what I'm missing?

Shrensh
8th Jun 2007, 19:03
You may have encountered a certain bug. Read here (http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/support/faqinfo.html?fqid=352&gmid=204)

lEXIO
8th Jun 2007, 19:29
You may have encountered a certain bug. Read here (http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/support/faqinfo.html?fqid=352&gmid=204)

read treath, did follow the instructions to get block on the good end, but still not reaching the ledge:scratch: looks like Laura cant grab the ledge:mad2:
plz advise

Betos
8th Jun 2007, 20:23
The problem in the FAQ isn't the problem |EXIO described.

I am stuck at the very same location. The block lands on the correct side (the one with the ring so one ring is on top of the block).

After putting the block under the gate, I jump onto the block an grab the shield on the gate. Then when I try to jump upwards to the passage, Lara just slips the ledge by inches. She nearly starts the grabbing animation but stops and falls mikroseconds bevor grabbing the ledge.

The animation of Lara looks excactly like the ones, on the other gates (Poseidon f.e.) when you jump too early and the gate is to too far up.

bonander
8th Jun 2007, 21:09
I finally got through. This is how I did it. I didnt push the block under the gate, I just moved it right in front, and then I flip the switch and jump on to the block and wait for the gate to get a certain height and jump onto the shield and quickly jump up to grab ledge. It took many, many tries but I finally got it. Timing is crucial. before flipping switch, stand on block and jump to see where Lara's reach will roughly be, so when you flip switch you will know when to jump up and grab shield. Hope that helps anyone else having the same problem.

lEXIO
9th Jun 2007, 08:49
@Bonander, tnx buddy that was the solution:thumbsup: . i'm managed to get trough in the 3th try:nut:

regards, Lex

Betos
9th Jun 2007, 19:05
Good idea. I am gonna give it a try.