PDA

View Full Version : Which Levels Were changed the worst?!?! VOTE HERE!!

LegendLost
8th Jun 2007, 18:31
Which Levels Were changed the worst?!?! VOTE HERE!!

Sorry for the mistake in the order!

LegendLost
8th Jun 2007, 18:39
I Love the game don't get me wrong, but GOD I was soo0o looking forward to Palace Midas/Colosseum and all the exploration, and yet it was sort of well, SMALL!!nice, but small. Other than that, this game truly is amazing!

Relic Hunter
8th Jun 2007, 19:02
The coliseum disappointed me. The level is way too small. It had the potential to be so much more. I loved playing through it the first time, but I was so disappointed when the level ended, I wanted more.

sophie22
8th Jun 2007, 19:18
which ever one tried to be the cistern, i think i clicke dthe wrong one. but that should have been so much different

sophie22
8th Jun 2007, 19:20
The coliseum disappointed me. The level is way too small. It had the potential to be so much more. I loved playing through it the first time, but I was so disappointed when the level ended, I wanted more.

10000% agree, far too short, visually great, thats why i didnt vote it but eally it was te biggest dissapointment, so short! with so much potential it should have been better

CommanderZx2
8th Jun 2007, 20:16
You can't have every single level extremely long...

However the level sizes are probably limited due to the PS2 and the fact that the entire game has to fit on one disk.

Relic Hunter
8th Jun 2007, 22:28

However the level sizes are probably limited due to the PS2 and the fact that the entire game has to fit on one disk.

I doubt it... Legend was very short too. None of the levels were extremely long at all. The Egypt levels, lost valley and the folly, were the only levels in my opinion that had a decent level size.

10000% agree, far too short, visually great, thats why i didnt vote it but eally it was te biggest dissapointment, so short! with so much potential it should have been better

Yes, the coliseum was gorgeous looking. I loved the battle with the gorillas and lions. I think they should have at least added a few more locked doors and keys to find, to at least make it seem longer.

L3ggy
8th Jun 2007, 22:38
I didn't have the chance to play TR1 so much.

Rydell
8th Jun 2007, 22:50
I think they changed the great pyramide a bit to much. I guess I was expecting something a bit more gory and actually miss that it wasn't even if the way it is in anniversary was more realistic. It was too short as well. But don't get me wrong. I think anniversary was the best game to date surpassing even the original.

gopher666
8th Jun 2007, 23:16
It aint about how far you walk in the game, it is about detail and scope that boil down to disc space. Until the next generation discs become compulsory and assuming the graphics stay roughly the same then the length of the games nowadays are always gonna be shorter than the games of old.

BTW Sanctuary of Scion is pretty much an entirely new level so I don't think it should be on the list at all

Lara Croft Wanna Be
9th Jun 2007, 02:54
if you ask me all of the levels so far (currently on natlas mines) are PERFECT

was playing mtn caves commentary

Cant believe toby gard wanted to remove wolf bridge room

tidy_george
9th Jun 2007, 03:06
levels have been cut to provide people with ledges happy gaming !
but still love the water levels they should of kept them the same was looking forward to them :(

Relic Hunter
9th Jun 2007, 07:19
Blu-ray anyone?

gopher666
9th Jun 2007, 07:26
Indeed Relic Hunter. But HD DVD also. We need to see which way the war goes and no doubt Microsoft and possibly PS3 have power over this.

est1856
9th Jun 2007, 07:43
Is the cistern not in there anywhere? I've not played too much yet.

sophie22
9th Jun 2007, 08:28
Is the cistern not in there anywhere? I've not played too much yet.

its part of another level, i think tomb of qualopec, on eof the tomb levels

Phlip
9th Jun 2007, 10:05
Mountain caves/City of Vilcabamba - there were a few rooms cut out of Caves and COV was cut really short. :(

Palace Midas - I was really dissapointed it was so small and crap, I was really looking forward to this level. :mad2:

Tomb of Tihocan - Too much was cut short and at this point I was thinking CD were bieng quite lazy.

Atlantis - Again, too much was cut short and even though stuff was added it still seemed way too short. :(

est1856
9th Jun 2007, 11:13
You know, seeing as this is a special release and not a regular release, maybe thats why it's a little abridged. I'ts very pretty to look at, I only have issues with the savegames.I think we can be overcritical sometimes, there are difficult moments, and my one frustration would be that level bosses take too long to kill. Not sure I want to spend almost a quarter of the game shooting at one enemy.
As the levels have been packaged though, I think it's very compact and nice to play.

Phlip
9th Jun 2007, 15:05
Although having said this (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=656749&postcount=17) I completely agree with this:

You know, seeing as this is a special release and not a regular release, maybe thats why it's a little abridged. I'ts very pretty to look at, I only have issues with the savegames.I think we can be overcritical sometimes, there are difficult moments, and my one frustration would be that level bosses take too long to kill. Not sure I want to spend almost a quarter of the game shooting at one enemy.
As the levels have been packaged though, I think it's very compact and nice to play.
:thumbsup:

Artemis Lecter
17th Jul 2008, 01:11

Sure you can :D

I think they were all extremely short, especially in comparison with the original TR

lilhanhan
17th Jul 2008, 09:01
I voted for the The Great Pyramid...

I loved the rooms in the original, it made it challenging and pretty scary; while in anniversary, you just traverse it with the glitchy grapple... it's just so frustrating!!! >.<

LisaB1962
17th Jul 2008, 11:32
I think Atlantis lacked atmostphere. It just felt boring.

lilhanhan
17th Jul 2008, 19:05
I think Atlantis lacked atmostphere. It just felt boring.

There seemed to be no scary moments; in the original, the creatures sometimes popped up from out of no where, but in Anniversary Lara was always ready for them...it was a shame really. :(

LisaB1962
17th Jul 2008, 21:51
Well, shame is probably to strong a word. It was an aesthetic choice to go "alien" with the design for Atlantis, and IMO it wasn't really a stretch to think it could look that way.

It's just the original was so very creepy. The newer version looked so clean and neat. Sort of at odds with the "inside out" creature look.

zakker
18th Jul 2008, 01:43
the great pyramid was the worst level for me with this over dose of timing sequences in the lava shaft.:mad2:

RainaAudron
19th Jul 2008, 19:16
Coliseum - too small and what a surprise it was for me to find that the end of the level was on the other side :eek:

Dr.Willard
19th Jul 2008, 20:18
I would have to say the final level. It was way way way too linear for my liking. I wasn't very over keen on finishing the final level within minutes. I expected a gargantuan amount more.

natebrooks
19th Jul 2008, 20:40
Midas' Palace happened to one of my favorite levels in Anniversary.
It was gorgeous.

Rai
20th Jul 2008, 13:19
Maybe it is just the way I am reading it, but the title of the thread makes it sound like all the levels have been changed for the worse, but now we need to find the worst of the worst. :nut:

The cistern was left out altogether, but that didn't bother me at all. Never like it in the first place.

I guess if I have to pick one level from TRA that wasn't as pleasing as the others were, probably the Colosseum purely for its shortness.

Palace Midas main area was also too small in comparison but the side rooms were amazing.

I would vote for the Colosseum, but the poll ties it to Palace Midas, so I can't. *shrugs*

Kami
20th Jul 2008, 13:43
Lost Island - The Great Pyramid/Lost Island - The Final Conflict

I played Tr1 literally a day before I played anniversary so teh contrast was pretty obvious for me. bUt it was the strongest in these levels ^^^ NOTHING compared to teh original - neither the leinght neither the creativity neither the fun factor

Error96_
27th Mar 2009, 01:57
Pallace Midas and Lost vally I went for. The vally in lost vally seemed too bright and not dark like original. Midas pallace seemed much more smaller and seemed bit lame having the midas chamber right at the start.

Gemma_Darkmoon_
27th Mar 2009, 15:33

The original game fit on one disk. Did feel they could have made the greece levels alot better. They felt small and cut down compared to the originals.

_Love2Raid_
27th Mar 2009, 20:20
Greece! :(

I am not saying the levels weren't fun, but especially the Colosseum was too short and the traps were missing!!!

And they took such a big part out from the Cistern and Tomb of Tihocan! :(

Also the Tomb of Qualopec was quite disappointing. No crumbling ledges in the pools, no pits filled with spikes............:(

3JaneTessierAshpool
29th Mar 2009, 14:33
Loved the original, there is no replacing it of course. However, all the alterations are improvements to my mind. The loss of some side rooms etc, trims off a lot of fat rather than spoiling anything.