PDA

View Full Version : problem: anyone else having this?

WTFOMGwolfgang
8th Jun 2007, 18:08
I have the game for PC and tried to install it on two different computers but it installs almost to the end then freezes. I took it back and bought another of the same and this one does the same thing.

Is anyone else having this problem?

rsdigi
8th Jun 2007, 18:14
I have the game for PC and tried to install it on two different computers but it installs almost to the end then freezes. I took it back and bought another of the same and this one does the same thing.

Is anyone else having this problem?
nope must be your pc. you have a bud you can try installing on to see if it's the game or your puter?
btw that sucks man, you must be pissed

WTFOMGwolfgang
8th Jun 2007, 18:18
nope must be your pc. you have a bud you can try installing on to see if it's the game or your puter?
btw that sucks man, you must be pissed
Both of them I tried installing on different computers. An HP desktop and a Vaio laptop. It did the same thing on both, froze in the exact some place.

GoranAgar
8th Jun 2007, 18:38
Try the first aid thread.

aklendathu
8th Jun 2007, 19:27
Both of them I tried installing on different computers. An HP desktop and a Vaio laptop. It did the same thing on both, froze in the exact some place.

Did the whole PC freeze or just the game installer ? How long did you wait ? Sometimes it takes a long time for games to install due to anti-virus action and/other components installed by the game without your being aware of it.

If both your machines meet the specs, and if it is not a question of waiting, then my guess is that you may have something else installed that interferes with the game installer. If you can, try a fresh installation of your OS plus basic drivers on a different disk and then try to install the game.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

WTFOMGwolfgang
8th Jun 2007, 19:55
Did the whole PC freeze or just the game installer ? How long did you wait ? Sometimes it takes a long time for games to install due to anti-virus action and/other components installed by the game without your being aware of it.

If both your machines meet the specs, and if it is not a question of waiting, then my guess is that you may have something else installed that interferes with the game installer. If you can, try a fresh installation of your OS plus basic drivers on a different disk and then try to install the game.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:
The installer freezes.

I know it's not other programs because the Vaio has, basically, 4 programs and 3 of them are windows-related.

Neither of the computers are mine, so I can't reinstall everything just to get my game to work. I don't have a DVD drive in mine.

Discordia666
8th Jun 2007, 21:27
Hi,

I noticed when I installed the game that it went up quite quickly to about 98% and then sat there for a long while before finishing. On my girlfriend's computer, which is less powerful, it sat there for ages, more than 5 minutes, maybe 10. 10 minutes can seem like an age when you're waiting for something like this.
How long did you wait? What spec are the machines? I would think it is processor speed that determines how long it sits there as it appears to be doing nothing. The hard drive light does not flicker much during this time, I noticed.

Leak
8th Jun 2007, 22:11
The installer freezes.
While I had no problem installing TRA what I gleaned from other threads is that it's the DirectX installer on the DVD that's causing problems.

The solution would be to copy all setup files from the DVD to a folder on your hard drive *except* for the dx9.0c folder, and install it from there. That way the DirectX installer can't run.

You could of course try installing the latest version of DirectX (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en) (or this (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b406cf67-d926-463b-99e8-27199d6626b5&DisplayLang=en) for a full installer) and then try installing the game again.

The version on the DVD is 6 months old already anyway...

np: Secede - Vega Libre: Sleeping World (Vega Libre)

MaitresseDeNoir
8th Jun 2007, 22:45
I had this problem as well. When it freezes near the end, simply go into Windows Task Manager, click on the Tomb Raider Setup in the Applications tab and set the priority to "Low". Doing this allowed my copy to finish installing. Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

-La Maitresse

PS. This was in the First Aid section, always check there first, might save you some trouble ;)

Realmreaver
9th Jun 2007, 19:09
Same here tried custom and it will NOT load 98% locks up hope this company with bother and do something I do not want to return it since I know more than likely I can't trade it for another.

Leak
9th Jun 2007, 19:14
Same here tried custom and it will NOT load 98% locks up hope this company with bother and do something I do not want to return it since I know more than likely I can't trade it for another.
Have you actually tried copying the setup files except for the DirectX folder to your hard drive and installing from there?

It's Microsoft's DirectX installer that's locking up at that part, not the game's installer...

np: Popnoname - Taken (White Album)

Zerith
10th Jun 2007, 17:52
Me and my brother had the same problem but the trick is to just leave it!

I remember firing it on for instal then leaving my comp for a while as it was installing. I came back about 15 minutes later and the instal bar was about 1-2cm's from the end but it wasnt moving. My PC was not making much noise either but everything else still worked.

After maybe another 5-10 mins it just finnished installing and I played away.
My bro had the same problem and his system is entirely different from mine.
The trick is to leave it. So no smashing CTRL+ALT+DEL or taking the CD in and out during instal. if it hasnt installed within 30-40 mins MAX... then you might have a problem.

Tigerman68
10th Jun 2007, 20:17
Have you actually tried copying the setup files except for the DirectX folder to your hard drive and installing from there?

It's Microsoft's DirectX installer that's locking up at that part, not the game's installer...

np: Popnoname - Taken (White Album)

Leak, you're a genius! Thanks for the posting. Folks, if you've been having problems installing TRA (install freezing at the end), try what Leak posted. After 3 hours of trying everything under the sun, I tried copying the files to the harddrive and installing it. This worked perfectly. Thanks again. I really appreciate it.

gsusfrk
11th Jun 2007, 00:52
welll the last part for me took quiet a while...at least 10-15 minutes so...i dunno maybe its that...leave ur comp for a while

dollhobbs
1st Jul 2007, 14:24
If you hit ctrl-alt-delete when it freezes and find the dx process, then end task it and it will finish installing.

tntforbrain
5th Jul 2007, 22:14
I've got a problem with lara's swimming.In anniversary, swimming activity is different from the one in any other tomb raider games.I simply cannot swim in a pool.I dive but I cannot move,swim or proceed.then at the end lara's drowned.how can I swim easily?