PDA

View Full Version : Help! cannot install

mommy5069
8th Jun 2007, 17:33
I get an error message when it's almost fully installed. - this application has failed to start because framedyn.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.- I downloaded the file and put it into system32\wbem, but still will not install! Can anyone help????? :confused:

aklendathu
8th Jun 2007, 19:30
Try looking at this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319114

Good luck!

mommy5069
8th Jun 2007, 19:39
Thank you for the site - i found that yesterday and tried it. I even downloaded a new framedyn.dll file and it still will not install! I wrote to Eidos two days ago and am still waiting for a response.

aklendathu
8th Jun 2007, 20:15
Thank you for the site - i found that yesterday and tried it. I even downloaded a new framedyn.dll file and it still will not install! I wrote to Eidos two days ago and am still waiting for a response.

But did you check that the PATH system variable contained a string pointing to the directory where you installed framedyn.dll ?

Xcom
8th Jun 2007, 21:07
Thank you for the site - i found that yesterday and tried it.

So, what's happening exactly? You still get the message about missing DLL or installer just freezes?

In case of former, see post above.
In case of latter, see "first aid" sticky.

DandyPR
28th Jun 2007, 20:10
Hi;

Did you register the file after copying it the the windows\system32 Directory/Folder.

If you're answer if no, then you need to do this

WinXP
Start, run and write cmd and press [Enter]

WinVista
Start, All Programs, Accesories, run, write cmd and press [Enter]

When DOS mode appears write

RegSvr32 framedyn.dll and press [Enter], this will register the .dll on the windows register.

simulation
28th Jun 2007, 21:18
It would be better to use Windows Update (http://www.update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate). Select Custom and download and install all the .NET Framework updates. They should automatically register the dll as part of the installation process.