PDA

View Full Version : Prima or Piggyback?

Johnny
8th Jun 2007, 04:30
I just received Prima's game guide for TR: Anniversary today, and I have to say I'm really disappointed with it (as I expected). Prima has always been notorious for its terrible and unoriginal game guide designs. Piggyback's guide for TR: Legend blows Prima's out of the water in terms of visuals, layout, and content. What do you think?

thomaswest8t
8th Jun 2007, 08:07
I love piggyback guides, primas are boring,dull and unoriginal

TR4ever
8th Jun 2007, 09:01
I voted prima but i was just kiding, i donĀ“t use walkthroughts or game guides

Arwen31
8th Jun 2007, 14:54
I thought Piggybacks was very good, and was diasppointed that it hadn't done one (not that I could see so far on Amazon) for Anniversary. I have found Prima ok, but thought Piggy back was good, the only thing I did dislike about Piggyback was that the artefacts had a section of their own at the back, I think they should have been listed in the main game part of the book.

Deekman
8th Jun 2007, 15:04
I've alway been a huge Louis Prima fan!
He was the voice of King Louie in the Jungle book!
:whistle:

GeorgeMaciver
8th Jun 2007, 15:08
I love the Jungle Book! We had it on one old ship back in the 70s, you know, reel to reel 8mm stuff with all the crackles, and we must have ran that movie a dozen times on the way home. The ship used to rock to all these grizzly sailors and officers singing along :lol:

Phlip
8th Jun 2007, 15:55
I can't decide. :)

NaughtyGirl
8th Jun 2007, 16:36
I always get Prima because it's on sale and I use a walkthrough every time. I just don't want my lil brain to work too hard :mad2:

Leak
8th Jun 2007, 17:06
I always get Prima because it's on sale and I use a walkthrough every time. I just don't want my lil brain to work too hard :mad2:
I always wonder why people buy printed walkthroughs when there's plenty of free ones on the internet... :scratch:

np: Mouse On Mars - Spaceship (Radical Connector)

NaughtyGirl
8th Jun 2007, 17:50
I always wonder why people buy printed walkthroughs when there's plenty of free ones on the internet... :scratch:

np: Mouse On Mars - Spaceship (Radical Connector)

for the pullout poster....DUH!:rolleyes:
:lol:

Johnny
8th Jun 2007, 19:59
for the pullout poster....DUH!:rolleyes:
:lol:

So true. :D And of course, they make nice additions to my collection. ;)

Phlip
8th Jun 2007, 20:02
I've decided to vote piggyback since it had a great layout for the Legend one. The prima one seems kinda dull if you ask me.

CommanderZx2
8th Jun 2007, 20:15
I get neither, you can find all the information you want online.

Mertz523
10th Jun 2007, 21:41
Prima blows. They seem to have at least 3 errors during gameplay in each guide, as well.

In TRA, I got stuck at the beginning of Qulalopec's tomb. The guide lied to me as to what I should do...

I eventually resorted to online and figured out what to do.

Stupid Prima.

:mad2: