PDA

View Full Version : Can't beat T-Rex (PC Version)

howiesfunware
7th Jun 2007, 23:42
I know your supposed to get him inraged and charge at you while in fromt of those stake things. I can't seem to get Laura to dodge. Not sure what I need to do when I see those 4 arrows. I just keep getting moed over.

bah!

RaiderGirl#1
8th Jun 2007, 00:05
Ok. I'm not sure if this is going to work. But just keep rolling and shooting at him. Basicly roll around in circles and then when you see the screen blur keep rolling but don't shoot. Wait until you see the cross hairs (not sure what they're called) and then shoot. Hopefully it works. I read that you could also hide somewhere and the T-rex couldn't get you- but it took a lot of time.

howiesfunware
8th Jun 2007, 00:30
This really sucks!! I can't get past this point!!

Kali84
8th Jun 2007, 01:08
the stupid 1 shot kill is the problem. you have to keep 1 shotting him so that he runs into stuff and basically kills himself (havent seen any bosses like this before :lol: )

the trick to getting the 1 shot to pop up is not to tap the shift key like the help thing tells you, but to hold the shift key. hold shift and a directional key and you will get the red crosshairs to come up eventually and you'll get him.

RaiderGirl#1
8th Jun 2007, 01:35
If you're still having trouble go to youtube and look for a video there.

howiesfunware
8th Jun 2007, 01:41
Thanks guys! I'll try that.

I was able to get that bullet time thing to happen once in a zillion tries. The T-Rex still missed the thing to impail himself on and he chomped on me durring the one bullet time I was able to pull off. I just can win with this one.

I may have to steal someone controler because this is really hard with the mouse and keyboard. Perhaps that's my problem.

Bampire
8th Jun 2007, 02:16
Guh, it's taken me about fifty billion times to kill the bastard, and I still haven't bashed his head into those damned spiked traps! God damnit I hate this. )<

howiesfunware
8th Jun 2007, 02:24
I finially did it!! Yaaaaa! It only took all evening.

Can't get that bullet time thing to work properly using the mouse and keyboard. I discovered a different strategy on my own. You're underneath him between his back legs and tail. Not too close that he steps on you and not too far that he can hit you by swinging his tail. If you keep moving back and forth, staying behind him, he will stay there while you shoot him.

That worked for me. Thanks for all your help. The youTube video showed me how easy it should be but I couldn't do it like that. Atleast not with a mouse and keyboard.

scoop1972
8th Jun 2007, 07:04
I too had problems with killing him and the info in the book is rubbish! Eidos need to rephrase it properly.

Anyway.
Keep shooting him til he gets mad, dont stand too close.
When he begins his charge stop shooting and press the aim button. Kepp your finger on this and the as he runs towards you press action.
You will go in slow mode, press left or right and shoot to dodge.

Hope that helps

est1856
8th Jun 2007, 07:17
I totally destroyed my mouse doing it. I think TR A should come with a free mouse. ;)

L3ggy
8th Jun 2007, 07:19
Just do bullet time and shoot when the crosshair becomes red and then make him run into things.

Leak
8th Jun 2007, 08:52
I think TR A should come with a free mouse joypad.
Fixed that for you... :D

np: Bebel Gilberto - All Around (Telefon Tel Aviv Remix) (Telefon Tel Aviv Remixes Compiled)

pleomax
8th Jun 2007, 09:07
I couldn't get it at first, but i figured it out and now it's easy to do everytime. I hop backwards while pressing right mouse button then when the screen goes blurred you just press left shift button and it goes into slo-mo easy.

Mangar The Dark
8th Jun 2007, 12:53
I beat the T-rex last night. It was a bit harder than necessary on my system because I barely have the minimum system requirements, which makes the frame-rate EXTREMELY jerky, and the response time is awful. But, I managed to beat him on my second attempt.

The first attempt, I used the old TR technique-- shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot.... wasn't working.

Then I tried actually using a bit of strategy-- Run to the opposite side of valley, shoot until the T-rex becomes enraged and starts to charge me, wait for the little arrow icon, then dodge and shoot t-rex in the head. Then run across to the other side of the valley and repeat. Barely got a scratch! And it was quite satisfying when I beat him.

Her0ic
8th Jun 2007, 14:56
Follow this on how to kill the T-Rex.

Firstly. You want to increase his RAGE Bar to the maximum intill it shows you him getting stressed by the burst of power coming from his head. He will then charge at you and when it shows the direction pad YOU MUST SHIFT JUMP TO RIGHT! then wait till the crosshairs (xhairs) to cross each other and turn red that will then make a BEEPING sound. Shot on that beeping sound and you hit his eye. He will then hit his head on anything that is next to you (Must be stood by spikes)