PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy? Not at all.

Captain Mazda
7th Jun 2007, 21:42
So finally today (2 days after the release date for Anniversary PC), I noticed my pre-order (bit too late to be called that) status had been upgraded to "Shipped". But with the game nowhere to be found in the vicinity of my home, I decided to try out the Canada Post tracking number for my package. To no surprise, the tracking number is invalid. Very nice.

So then I called the Best Buy warehouse and asked them when it's going to get delivered. "2-4 business days" was the answer and I thanked the lady and hung up after telling her the tracking number doesn't even work. So, the $35 has been credited from my account and I still don't have the game. Since today is Thursday, I will have the game, at the very earliest, next Tuesday or Wednesday.

I doubt I even want it anymore.

howiesfunware
7th Jun 2007, 23:09
If you purchased it from www.direct2drive.com you could have just downloaded like I did. I appoligize if you're not talking about the PC version.

aussie500
8th Jun 2007, 01:15
They have sent it and you will get it next week, l do not see what you are complaining about. Are you sure the tracking number was for Canada post and not just to track your order before it left the warehouse? America and Canada did not get the game on the release date, and you cannot expect it to mysteriously instantly appear on your doorstep seconds after it is shipped, just be patient and wait for it to get there.

Captain Mazda
8th Jun 2007, 04:25
Heh, I am patient. I have been ever since it was released, but you sound like a person who already has his/her copy ;]

The tracking code works now, it was just pending an update on Canada Post's side. Apparently it will be delivered later today, meaning I'll need to leave a note for the mailwoman to safe drop it if necessary.

Captain Mazda
8th Jun 2007, 04:29
and you cannot expect it to mysteriously instantly appear on your doorstep seconds after it is shipped

Did I imply that or merely wonder when the delivery would be made? I work for this money, therefore I have every right to inquire where it's going to. Funny you should preach patience in a calm and articulate thread when you were nowhere to be seen in the "OMG WTF IS GOING ON!!!111" threads.

aussie500
8th Jun 2007, 04:53
l waited a week for my PC copy to get here from the UK, l was never that impatient that l thought it was not getting here. They told you it would take 2-4 working days and the next day it seems you are here complaining it has not arrived

The Real Tommy V
8th Jun 2007, 04:54
Yeah I had planned on taking advantage of the sale but they started with the we don't know when we're gettin' it nonsense so I went to Gamestop instead.

Captain Mazda
8th Jun 2007, 05:21
l waited a week for my PC copy to get here from the UK, l was never that impatient that l thought it was not getting here. They told you it would take 2-4 working days and the next day it seems you are here complaining it has not arrived

Spare me your apathy. The concept of a "pre-order" eludes you.

rsdigi
8th Jun 2007, 13:53
Spare me your apathy. The concept of a "pre-order" eludes you.
you spent $35 on a best buy preorder? at the best buy store it's only 19.99, make sure you go there and get the difference back

NaughtyGirl
8th Jun 2007, 14:03
dang...best buy just did you all wrong.:(

Captain Mazda
8th Jun 2007, 16:02
you spent $35 on a best buy preorder? at the best buy store it's only 19.99, make sure you go there and get the difference back

I basically bought it for the same price as walking in and picking it up. I saved gas money though.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10087647&catid=21150

It's $29.99 :)

Also arriving in a few minutes, if all goes well.

Captain Mazda
8th Jun 2007, 17:00
Well, it was an unnecessary ordeal, but the game's here and already installing.

Time to see what all the fuss is about ;)

Headache
8th Jun 2007, 17:13
Lucky.
Like I previously said in another thread, I pre-ordered mine from Amazon.com. I got a good deal, but I won't be getting it for another week or two - it doesn't ship until June 10th and is estimated to be here June 18th.
Personally, I wish everyone had a limit for how many persons pre-order. If the company doesn't have enough copies to supply the pre-order demand, they should say so instead of leaving people with a post-order.
But I know it'll be here eventually so Im not too hyper about it.

rsdigi
8th Jun 2007, 18:12
I basically bought it for the same price as walking in and picking it up. I saved gas money though.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10087647&catid=21150

It's $29.99 :)

Also arriving in a few minutes, if all goes well.
my flyer in my hands says 19.99 available by wed. 2:00PM (which it wasnt)

NightRain'06
8th Jun 2007, 23:14
Click here ~ http://bestbuy.shoplocal.com/bestbuy/default.aspx?action=detail&flashbrowse=y&storeid=2413215&rapid=409357&pagenumber=11&listingid=-2093235072&ref=%2fbestbuy%2fdefault.aspx%3faction%3dbrowsepageflash%26storeid%3d2413215%26pagenumber%3d11%26rapid%3d409357%26prvid%3d060307ba

Tomorrow's the last day so I hope to purchase it at that price. I'll let you all know. :)

Paulraider
9th Jun 2007, 02:41
$35? why $35, rip off

and online Is supposed to be a lot more efficent than that, i bet play.com are faster, try them, next time.

one tip about online shopping, beware don't credit card anything late friday cos some companies do not sort the payment out til monday. i know my g/f has experience with that

Online shopping is not a cheap or efficent as it was i can tell ya that right now