PDA

View Full Version : Help needed !!

mget
7th Jun 2007, 15:18
I'm trying to jump through this door for long time with no luck to success..
can some one give me some tips ?

Obelisk of Khamoon
http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/2699/jumpdq8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

7th Jun 2007, 15:40
One question, when you jump, does she LAND on the pole?

mget
7th Jun 2007, 16:01
One question, when you jump, does she LAND on the pole?

yes but the wall crash her :D

Bantam
7th Jun 2007, 16:03
well you have to jump just as the walls are opening up, balance her out as fast as you can if she is gunna fall off and then jump again as quick as you can so that the walls dont crush her

mget
7th Jun 2007, 16:10
well you have to jump just as the walls are opening up, balance her out as fast as you can if she is gunna fall off and then jump again as quick as you can so that the walls dont crush her

Thats exactily what i'm trying to do but i cant pass :S

ChaosSorcerer91
19th Jun 2007, 10:04
Sorry, but this is definitely some kind of bug. Has anyone discovered a solution to this problem yet. cause I've been stuck on it for about three days now????

I would appreciate all the help I can get. PLEASE? This is so frustrating! AND WHY IS IT EVERYTIME I MAKE A POST NO ONE EVEN LOOKS AT IT!

ChaosSorcerer91
19th Jun 2007, 10:48
bump.

CatSuit&Ponytail
19th Jun 2007, 12:28
It's not that people don't look, it's that they have no answer for you yet. :) And neither do I, sorry. :o

vizieress
19th Jun 2007, 12:48
The best I can tell you is to press "E" when Lara is jumping forward to the next pole. This way she won't waste 1/2 second regaining her balance. By pressing "E" while she is doing the jump, she's more likely to land on the next pole properly. Keep pressing the Spacebar and make her jump forwards to the next pole and the next...don't stop for even a second!

I had to try to about 10 times before she finally made it, so yeah..it's a pain in the you-know-what. :(

NizCroft
19th Jun 2007, 14:05
Try memorizing the pace of the doors, and jump right before they even have opened, so they should be opening just as you land on the pole, and then click like mad to jump jump jump to safety.

ChaosSorcerer91
19th Jun 2007, 14:09
I can't jump when the doors are already closed. Even if the doors have opened by the time she gets there, she didn't have a target, so she doesn't even land on the pole if I try to do that. Even if I jump WHILST the doors are opening, she just slides off the pole cause the game doesn't register she's on there.The only way I can get her to land on the pole is if I jump AFTER the doors are fully opened, in which case I have no time because she KEEPS LOSING HER BLOODY BALANCE!!!!:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

This is frustrating me so much! I have played this six hours a day for the past three days trying to do this ONE SINGLE PUZZLE! I actually had to go the doctor at one point after I banged my fist on the table too hard in anger! Not to mention the fact we had to get a new table.

NizCroft
19th Jun 2007, 14:12
I don't understand why she keeps losing balance. I don't think that happened to me. I assume you've tried jumping from all kinds of different distances and angles?

ChaosSorcerer91
19th Jun 2007, 14:15
Yep. Someone suggested I tried jumping from just the to the side, and that does kind of stop her losing her balance about 40% of the time, but even without that that's not quite enough time. Is there any surefire way to stop her losing her landing with one leg and losing her balance? Or even if there's just a trainer that can do that?

NizCroft
19th Jun 2007, 14:18
I don't know if this affects it, but what difficulty are you playing on?

ChaosSorcerer91
19th Jun 2007, 14:21
Intermediate I think.

Tiri Li
19th Jun 2007, 17:58
The way it worked for me was as the doors crashed together, I jumped towards the pole. The doors opened. Lara ladned (sometimes), mash triangle (or e for PC) and jump ASAP. It jsut takes timing, a cool head and a bit of luck.

EDIT: You said that if you jump when the doors are closed she misses the pole. Sometimes this can happen, but if you take the time to line her up and then jump, using the left analog (or 'w') the 'montier' how far she goes, she should land.

Demarest
19th Jun 2007, 19:35
If you just say Interact, you don't have to bother with mentioning which keys do what for each platform ;) Especially considering that PC users can customize their buttons.

Although it makes timing a bit harder, when I encountered this, it seemed to be a direct result of the game incorrectly assessing if I could make a jump or not. If the doors were even the slightest bit extended when I made my jump, it treated it as if they were fully extended and didn't bother to consider the pole I could land on top of. The solution I've found that works consistently is waiting until the door is fully retracted to jump. As long as you wait until both feet are planted, you can jump again right away. You don't actually have to wait for her to get her bearings. Exception being if she had a poor landing onto the pole. In which case, just tap Interact and get on with your next jump. Once you keep this in mind, I think you'll find that every spot this happens in the game (I think I remember there being three), won't be a problem at all for you.

Werner Von Croy
19th Jun 2007, 19:37
If you just say Interact, you don't have to bother with mentioning which keys do what for each platform ;) Especially considering that PC users can customize their buttons.

Although it makes timing a bit harder, when I encountered this, it seemed to be a direct result of the game incorrectly assessing if I could make a jump or not. If the doors were even the slightest bit extended when I made my jump, it treated it as if they were fully extended and didn't bother to consider the pole I could land on top of. The solution I've found that works consistently is waiting until the door is fully retracted to jump. As long as you wait until both feet are planted, you can jump again right away. You don't actually have to wait for her to get her bearings. Exception being if she had a poor landing onto the pole. In which case, just tap Interact and get on with your next jump. Once you keep this in mind, I think you'll find that every spot this happens in the game (I think I remember there being three), won't be a problem at all for you.

I had problems with that as well, and i was playing Playstation version, step back slightly so you don't get hut with blades and jump fom there :D

qwerty
19th Jun 2007, 21:59
I'm trying to jump through this door for long time with no luck to success..
can some one give me some tips ?

Obelisk of Khamoon
http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/2699/jumpdq8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Youre not the only one that had this problem,Many people like you have encontered it,including myself,and all you have to do is move left as you possibly can and then just as the walls start seperating, jump, and Lara will grab the ledge on the other side(remember do not jump on the poll!)It works quite fine with me,:) just try it a few times and in one moment you will be on the other side.But When youre jumpin,make sure that you jump from the edge.

Lunideth
20th Jun 2007, 05:27
or by timing you can jump when wall is still closed and it opent right before lara lands to pole. that way you can save some time too.

Tomb Radar
20th Jun 2007, 09:21
When I got stuck at that point I was quite prepared to put numerous pieces of furniture through my TV screen. I even loaded up my new Action replay codes ready to cheat through it. But while they were loading, I had an idea and decided to try it before using the cheats.

I'm not sure if I got it right, or if it was just fluke, but once you're in the air, stop pushing forwards and she won't stumble. Then jump forwards again, letting go of forwards while in the air. I got it at the first attempt when trying that. :thumbsup:

Demarest
20th Jun 2007, 13:27
I've discovered that the problem is in the player themselves. I'm not dogging anybody because I was in the same boat myself. My point is that I've played through the game, played through again for time trials, and played a couple of those stages a third time to round off my artifact collection. When I was playing the level the subsequent times, I had NO problems at all. It was because I knew how to do it and that I could do it. Sometimes that confidence is all you need to take the stress out. In fact, I've noticed that about the entire game. The more you can relax, the better you'll find Lara doing your every intention. So my advice to those encountering such things for the first time is to TRY and stay calm and patiently tinker with it until it works for you. I know that's easier said than done:whistle:

Tomb Radar
20th Jun 2007, 13:52
I've discovered that the problem is in the player themselves. I'm not dogging anybody because I was in the same boat myself. My point is that I've played through the game, played through again for time trials, and played a couple of those stages a third time to round off my artifact collection. When I was playing the level the subsequent times, I had NO problems at all. It was because I knew how to do it and that I could do it. Sometimes that confidence is all you need to take the stress out. In fact, I've noticed that about the entire game. The more you can relax, the better you'll find Lara doing your every intention. So my advice to those encountering such things for the first time is to TRY and stay calm and patiently tinker with it until it works for you. I know that's easier said than done:whistle:

True. True.

Thats what I was doing when I eventually did it. "It IS possible! It IS possible".

First attempt with that thought process, and what I said in my other post, got me through. I was so surprised I found myself moving closer to the screen to make sure.

EDIT

Just tried this jump again (PS2 version) and got it first time with no stumbles. You have to line Lara up so she'll go in a straight line from pole to pole. Do a running jump to the first, but once she's in the air let go of the controls. She should land perfectly. Then quickly jump to the next pole, again letting go of the controls while shes in the air. I even made a mistake at the end and jumped straight up instead of forwards, but still made it to safety. :)

Atleast theres a checkpoint nearby. :rolleyes: