PDA

View Full Version : Mods and issue/bug with the Camo and Manor Sport outfits.

cogwheel
7th Jun 2007, 14:56
First item: does anyone know where some mods are available for Anniversary? Tried google, but to no avail. However, I've seen people post that they're out there, somewhere.

Second item: has anyone else noticed how the Camo and Manor Sport outfits are bugged?

How so, you ask?

Well, they have no "wet effect", meaning that when Lara jumps into the water and emerges, there's isn't any change in the model skin's normal mapping graphic to illustrate the fact. No wet sheen, no water droplets, etc.

To me, it looks like the outfit textures simply lack said normal maps, or the in-game trigger for them isn't being activated.

So I guess I just wonder if it really is a bug that got through QA, or if Crystal Dynamics just didn't bother making normal maps for these outfits.

P.S. On quasi-separate note, I also noticed how the cat-suit ironically looks much more detailed in the PS2 version than in the PC version......but this is because the PS2 version has no normal-mapping. In the PC version, the cat-suit is all shiny from light reflection provided by the normal mapping, but this effect also conceals the cat-suit's texture detail (without normal mapping, you can see more detail like wrinkles and a second torso layer to the suit). To see what I'm talking about in the PC version, look at the suit in the Rewards > Outfits menu. In there, the outfits are shown as they look without any normal mapping applied, and you can see what I mean about the cat-suit.

I like the shiny effect the suit has with normal mapping, but I also wish it wasn't so strong that it concealed the suit's actual detail. :(

CommanderZx2
7th Jun 2007, 15:00
For modding click here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=68346)

Treeble
7th Jun 2007, 15:01
Some outfits in Legend didn't have dirty/wet maps either. I don't think it can be considered a bug though.

cogwheel
7th Jun 2007, 15:04
Some outfits in Legend didn't have dirty/wet maps either. I don't think it can be considered a bug though.

Just an intentional lack of care by CD, then? That's a bit disappointing.

It should be mentioned though that both outfits DO have the dirty effect from rolling around, etc. The Manor Sport outfit even takes care to show dirt on Lara's bare hands and feet just from running and climbing, which I think is a nice detail.

Treeble
7th Jun 2007, 15:05
Maybe not, I'm not sure. If the other outfits didn't have them, would you still notice? Maybe some extra care for specific outfits, instead.

cogwheel
7th Jun 2007, 17:39
If the other outfits also didn't have the normal mapping, then it wouldn't be an issue in the first place, because there wouldn't be any difference to notice. Obviously. :scratch:

Maybe some extra care for specific outfits, instead.

Well, however you wanna spin it, I guess.

In any case, I found a site that will probably have Anniversary mods before too long (already has lots of Legend mods), and a thread on another forum with some people's early work. :)

Bantam
7th Jun 2007, 21:22
theres also an issue with the 'scorched lara' costume, if you look quite hard, you will notice that there is like a pair of eyes floating above lara head, this is quite obvious when you start doing consectutive rolls and you can see these eyes spinning round you with lara

if you want to make it really easy to see, go into textureless mode, they are extremely visable then

its little stuff like this that makes me hate costumes, hopefully somebody can locate the texture for these unidentified objects and make them invisible :)

DMC
7th Jun 2007, 21:33
Just an intentional lack of care by CD, then? That's a bit disappointing.

I'd say nitpicking ;)