PDA

View Full Version : Time Trials -- HELP!

-=Tomb_Raider_4ever=-
7th Jun 2007, 14:40
:mad2: :mad2: What the heck?! I just wasted about an hour and a half doing 4 levels on Time Trials and I get nothing as my reward! I thought you get Cheats??

The levels I did were:

1.) Croft Manor
2.) Mountain Caves
3.) Final Conflict
4.) Lost Valley

**** Nothing as my reward! Are the cheats corresponded with Certain levels? (And if so, could someone list what Cheats are found in which level?) Or is my game just mentally retarded?

Please help and thanks to anyone who does! :D

Phlip
7th Jun 2007, 14:43
This has happened to me and it's damn well stupid. :mad:

btw, how do you do the croft manor time trial? :confused: I haven't seen any option for it.

Bantam
7th Jun 2007, 14:44
I did the mountain caves, vilcabamba, the lost valley and the tomb of qualopec, after completing the tomb of qualopec i unlocked a new cheat, it may be certain levels, or beating the time trials on all of a certain level eg peru or greece

CommanderZx2
7th Jun 2007, 14:46
I don't really like the idea of time trial for rewards, because some people just aren't fast enough to beat it and thus will never get that reward.

Or perhaps there is one super reward once you have beaten all of the time trials.

cogwheel
7th Jun 2007, 14:47
I've got the Croft Manor, all of Peru, and all of Greece time trials completed, and it didn't unlock anything for me.

I think you won't get any reward until you complete ALL the time trials in the game, unlike Legend (I shudder at the prospect of completing Egypt's second level time trial). There are far fewer outfits in Anniversary than in Legend, and since outfits were the primary thing time trials unlocked in Legend, this is probably the reason why each time trial doesn't unlock something in Anniversary. But then, there also wasn't any bonus level available in Legend....

There's a bonus level in Anniversary that I hear is supposed to be unlocked somehow. I suspect it's completing all the time trials that does it.

Bantam
7th Jun 2007, 14:57
I've got the Croft Manor, all of Peru, and all of Greece time trials completed, and it didn't unlock anything for me.

I think you won't get any reward until you complete ALL the time trials in the game, unlike Legend (I shudder at the prospect of completing Egypt's second level time trial). There are far fewer outfits in Anniversary than in Legend, and since outfits were the primary thing time trials unlocked in Legend, this is probably the reason why each time trial doesn't unlock something in Anniversary. But then, there also wasn't any bonus level available in Legend....

There's a bonus level in Anniversary that I hear is supposed to be unlocked somehow. I suspect it's completing all the time trials that does it.

read my spoiler above about the rewards for time trials

and about the bonus level:

you get it by completing the game, check the rewards page on the main menu on the game, its next to the 'note to fans'

Treeble
7th Jun 2007, 14:58
Nope -- I got the 'style units' test level but haven't done all time trials yet. I think it was unlocked when I got all of the relics, since I don't have all artefacts either.

And I'm fairly sure that by completing all time trials of each stage you unlock the cheats.

-=Tomb_Raider_4ever=-
7th Jun 2007, 14:59
This has happened to me and it's damn well stupid. :mad:

btw, how do you do the croft manor time trial? :confused: I haven't seen any option for it.

You have to complete the manor first and then go back to the Replay Level menu and select Croft Manor :D Easy as pie hehe :thumbsup:

sophie22
7th Jun 2007, 16:22
I don't really like the idea of time trial for rewards, because some people just aren't fast enough to beat it and thus will never get that reward.

Or perhaps there is one super reward once you have beaten all of the time trials.

ie - me! i hate time trials, i can be fast but when under pressure i panic and fall off things, like then stupid backward grapples, when im not thinking i do it easy, wehn i try to do it i cant

gopher666
7th Jun 2007, 16:31
Heh heh, Ive done all the peru and all the atlantis levels. And now I have the two most amazing guns in the whole game

The golden shotgun and Silver Mini SMG with UNLIMITED AMMO!!!!

gopher666
7th Jun 2007, 16:33

Isn't that really the definition of a reward? Doing something good and getting something good in return

Relic Hunter
7th Jun 2007, 16:45
The hideous looking golden shotgun and Silver Mini SMG's were the last two things I unlocked after finishing all the time trails. They aren’t worth the bother to be honest. I got style units, which isn't a bonus level, after getting all gold rewards.

Treeble
7th Jun 2007, 16:54
I fell in love with the silver SMG's actually.

gopher666
7th Jun 2007, 17:19
Me too, they rip through everything and get the rage up really easily on the greece centaurs

Atheist
7th Jun 2007, 17:49
I don't have the game, so I can't proove this true, but I heard that when you've completed ALL time trials, you:

unlock a secret level, made up of different themes, lands and worlds all connected to each other. I think it was a kind of concept land, to see what kind of things CD could do. I heard there was nothing much to do here, but explore and admire the land.

Of course, I don't know for sure. I do know for sure that:

the land/level does actaully exist, and is unlockable.

cogwheel
7th Jun 2007, 18:00
read my spoiler above about the rewards for time trials

and about the bonus level:

you get it by completing the game, check the rewards page on the main menu on the game, its next to the 'note to fans'

Ah. Well, I haven't finished the game yet, so that figures.

Good thing I suppose, since I really am afraid I'm not gonna be able to beat the time trial in Egypt's second level without either a few hours of frustration or using a trainer-cheat to stop the timer. There's just too many traps and too few health packs (without using up precious seconds to scrounge for them in the level), and not enough cushion to allow dying more than a few times. You'd have to be near perfect, over and over again, through several unforgiving areas of the level.

Anyway.....so it's just cheats that are unlocked, then? Meh. Bummer. Not really into cheats.

For those of you intimidated by the time trials, you should know that by attempting and getting better at them, you'll really become a much better TR player. Your control of Lara in both acrobatics and combat will become much more fluid and intuitive through all the practice. Plus, since the bulk of TRA is just level-navigation, playing the game at speed is kind of fun......sort of like real life fun-running. Same sort of general appeal, only in a video game.

Also, the time trials for levels that involve more combat are usually the easiest to beat. The developers seem to give you a lot of cushion for combat.

Levels that are mostly climbing and acrobatics are some of the hardest time trials, though. The developers give you very little cushion for those, and if your pace through the level isn't straightforward and unfettered, then you probably won't make it.

gopher666
7th Jun 2007, 21:00
You don't need to completely finish the game on time trials to get the extra level. I managed to get it when I completed it normally

Bantam
7th Jun 2007, 21:16
Dont be intimidated by time trials, peru has actually got the hardest time trials, i onyl ever finished with like a minute to spare at max

Greece time trials are exceptionally easy, especially the colleseum. My tip for st frrancis folly is to get all your switches on the way down, then go all the way back up to the top, and then work your way down the room, going into the different rooms on your way down, this way you know exactly where you are going next and it helps alot, i had over like 5 minutes left

ummm the hardest time trial has to be the sanctuary of the scion... i got through the last gate with only 27 seconds left :nut:

The lost island ones are quite easy too, especially the final conflict where i had loads of time to spare (the most time left out of all the time trials), the only one that can be a pest is the great pyramid because of the platforms, but you can retry them as many times as you like because it is considerably near the start of the level, the rest is very easy

thomaswest8t
8th Jun 2007, 08:12
which cheats did you unlock?

also you get the bonus level (also called style units) after completing the game once.

Demarest
18th Jun 2007, 04:50
Since there seems to be some confusion, the "bonus level" (which really isn't a bonus level at all) is unlocked by collecting every relic. I had beat the game and was only missing one relic. Replay the level and grab the relic and suddenly it's available.

I'm looking forward to the time trials primarily for the sake of doing them. Though because of the frustration, it would be nice if every level had a reward. I just finished the 2nd level (doing them in order) and didn't even get an art gallery. I'm not much for cheats either, but it would be fun to have them all and start over from the beginning and rip through everything.

I'm confused though. First time I went to replay a level after beating the game, I only had my initial compliment of medipaks. But I got my relic and was happy. Then I start another level and stop in the middle of it. From the main menu, I chose resume game and it took me to the final cutscenes when you beat the game :nut: Now, after every level I pass, it doesn't show me what I ACTUALLY unlocked, it shows a list from when I beat the one level to get the last relic. As if it's showing me everything that's been unlocked since I beat the game. Which is useless. I'm beginning to thinik that once I have all the cheats unlocked, I'm not going to have the option to start from the beginning and play through with all weapons and cheats without starting a new profile, which wouldn't have any unlockeds. Anybody know anything about any of this??