PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary to PS3, please!

_Aunty_
7th Jun 2007, 12:55
A letter to Eidos and Crystal Dynamics.

I have ever since the first Tomb Raider launched in the early 90´s been a fan of the series, and i have bought every game, often all versions of the games too.

But this time, you make me sad. I am sitting here with a Playstation 3 and i see how the newest chapter in the series, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, isn´t even announced to my new console. Why is this? The game is avaliable to PC where the graphics are fine and i am sure that the graphics is good enough for a PS3-version as well. And i mean, Legend came to 360 right?

No, Eidos and Crystal Dynamics, please give me and everybody else a PS3-version of Tomb Raider Anniversary. Cause i want this game, bad.

(Sorry for my bad (?) english btw) :whistle:

Gamer4Lyfe
7th Jun 2007, 13:07
Sure, why not? More dough $$$ for Eidos!
360 - check :D
PS3 - Soon ;)

Paulraider
7th Jun 2007, 22:24
wonder what Ps2 version would look like on the Ps3. Since, as they tell us, if you put game in a more advanced machine you get more out the graphics? dont know if thats true or not?

cazzer
8th Jun 2007, 16:25
I think that it should be on these platforms:
. ps2
.ps3
.xbox
.xbox 360.
.pc
.psp.
.nintendo gamecube.
.Nintendo ds (possibly)
:D

Leak
8th Jun 2007, 17:04
I think that it should be on these platforms:
. ps2
.ps3
.xbox
.xbox 360.
.pc
.psp.
.nintendo gamecube.
.Nintendo ds (possibly)
:D
Atari Jaguar
SNES
Sega Genesis/Mega Drive
NES
PC Engine/Turbo Grafx
Vectrex
Intellivision

Did I miss something important? :rasp:

np: Mouse On Mars - Wipe That Sound (Radical Connector)

shurik
9th Jun 2007, 04:50
Maybe not TR Anniversary for PS3 since it's kinda a late now (or maybe not), but definitely they should bring the next Tomb Radier for the PS3!!!

rabid metro
9th Jun 2007, 17:39
... Intellivision ... Did I miss something important?
Commodore 64 (and other computer ports)
TI-xxx (and other calculator/handheld devices)
iPod (and other download content/phone devices)

but definitely not on the Wii, ... noooo ... never on that insanely fun thing! :cool:

They say that a small mind can never see the big picture.
They say that the innocent are never guilty.

Digital Sith
9th Jun 2007, 20:31
wonder what Ps2 version would look like on the Ps3. Since, as they tell us, if you put game in a more advanced machine you get more out the graphics? dont know if thats true or not?

This is how I am playing it right now. First off, the game looks nowhere near as good as the PC version. Turning on prograssive scan can make the game look worse for some reason. Thankfully Sony gave an upscalling and smoothing feature with their latest update for the PS3. With those features turned on the game looks vastly superior to playing it on the PS2, but still nowhere near the level of quality that is found in the PC build.

cazzer
9th Jun 2007, 20:33
Atari Jaguar
SNES
Sega Genesis/Mega Drive
NES
PC Engine/Turbo Grafx
Vectrex
Intellivision

Did I miss something important? :rasp:

np: Mouse On Mars - Wipe That Sound (Radical Connector)

Huh?:confused:
Apart from the NES and SNES i have no idea what they are ,(WTH!).
I can partially understand what a pc engine is pretty obvious but the others dont ring a bell.:scratch:

Leak
9th Jun 2007, 23:05
Huh?:confused:
Apart from the NES and SNES i have no idea what they are ,(WTH!).
I can partially understand what a pc engine is pretty obvious but the others dont ring a bell.:scratch:
PC Engine was a rather obscure Japanese console (the first 16-bit console IIRC) which only made it to the US and never to Europe (although that didn't stop me from getting one); it has zip to do with x86 PCs... :D (Hey, the Japanese-only MSX was Microsoft's first console, even though probably nobody remembers it...)

Atari's Jaguar was the first 32-bit console, and, like much they did at that time, sadly a big flop.

I shudder at the thought that someone doesn't know the Sega MegaDrive though (or Sega Genesis, as it was called in the US) - I take it you never played Sonic the Hedgehog? :scratch:

The other two (Vectrex/Intellivision) - are basically ancient... :D

After the PayStation chasing after consoles got too damn expensive and tiresome for me and I started playing games on the PC instead, and I can't really see me ever buying a console again...

np: The Black Dog - Vir²l (Parallel)