PDA

View Full Version : Getting out of the sword room at ST Francis

TheJimReaper
7th Jun 2007, 12:27
I got all 4 keys and am trying to get out of the room with all the swords in it, I've got across the first 4 pillars and to a hook on the wall.

Now I'm guessing you have to swing on that hook and jump across onto the next pillar, jump across the rest and make your way round to the turny thing to open the door.

My problem is (if I'm going the right way) is that when I swing across and try jumping on to the pillar, Lara can't or won't jump across, onto the pillar.

Have I missed something or doing something wrong?

Any pointers please

Thanks in advanced

Jim

rsdigi
7th Jun 2007, 12:48
I got all 4 keys and am trying to get out of the room with all the swords in it, I've got across the first 4 pillars and to a hook on the wall.

Now I'm guessing you have to swing on that hook and jump across onto the next pillar, jump across the rest and make your way round to the turny thing to open the door.

My problem is (if I'm going the right way) is that when I swing across and try jumping on to the pillar, Lara can't or won't jump across, onto the pillar.

Have I missed something or doing something wrong?

Any pointers please

Thanks in advanced

Jim
do exactly as i say man, this is a camera issue which screws you up.
swing-run across the wall, as soon as lara turn around and is about to run the other way hold left, then jump. She will jump to the pillar. She must be turned around for this to work. Trust me works everytime. let me know how it works for ya.

rsdigi
7th Jun 2007, 14:37
guess i was no help :/

paulmanta
7th Jun 2007, 18:47
You helped me, I was going nuts in there, every time i fell off the grapple ring i would have to go all the way round the room again, the camera is a bit jerky sometimes.
pleased with the rest of the game though.

pinkangel07
7th Jun 2007, 19:11
yeah, the wall run was tricky at first for me, but that was because when I was ready to jump off, I pressed the analog stick down, not sideways, so Lara would jump back. I finally figured out that the analog must be in the direction you want to go when you jump.... OOPS! hahaha

TheJimReaper
7th Jun 2007, 21:20
I got there after another couple of goes, and a slight adjustment of the camera angle.

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it, only thing is I'm stuck somewhere else now, lmao:lol: :mad2:

I'm in that room with fire and water, where you get the 3 lead bars, I've pulled the lever to lift the pillar up, but can't get back round fast enough to get the head treasure thing, or find a quicker way up.

I'm guessing you need that head treasure thing to turn the lead bars to gold, so you can fit them into the slots where that bloke is sat down?

Thanks again for the help on the other level

Jim

mercurydude
8th Jun 2007, 11:15
I'm in that room with fire and water, where you get the 3 lead bars, I've pulled the lever to lift the pillar up, but can't get back round fast enough to get the head treasure thing, or find a quicker way up.

I'm guessing you need that head treasure thing to turn the lead bars to gold, so you can fit them into the slots where that bloke is sat down?

Thanks again for the help on the other level

Jim
The gryphon's head is a relic, and it's the hardest relic in the game to obtain. The relics give you access to special features such as different outfits for Lara, but they aren't necessary to complete any of the levels. In order to turn the bars into gold, you need to go to the bloke you mentioned and place the bars on the hand with the palm facing upwards. The statue is of King Midas, a king in Greek mythology who had the power to turn everything he touched into gold. :)

TheJimReaper
8th Jun 2007, 15:17
Cheers for that, will go give it a try, at least I know now I don't have to worry about the head treasure, I'll go back to that sometime later.

Jim

Leak
8th Jun 2007, 16:56
In order to turn the bars into gold, you need to go to the bloke you mentioned and place the bars on the hand with the palm facing upwards. The statue is of King Midas, a king in Greek mythology who had the power to turn everything he touched into gold. :)
Don't forget to have Lara jump on it once just for kicks and giggles... :D

np: Mouse On Mars - Mine Is Yours (Radical Connector)

TheJimReaper
8th Jun 2007, 19:21
I did stick lara on the hand, gave me a chuckle.

lol

Tadi
9th Jun 2007, 13:54
do exactly as i say man, this is a camera issue which screws you up.
swing-run across the wall, as soon as lara turn around and is about to run the other way hold left, then jump. She will jump to the pillar. She must be turned around for this to work. Trust me works everytime. let me know how it works for ya.

Yeah!!!! :thumbsup: you were a great help to me, I'd almost given up on this one, many thanks :D

Atheist
9th Jun 2007, 14:00
guess i was no help :/

Give the OP time to reply!

JackSilver
9th Jun 2007, 22:34
Hi,
sorry its my first post, but I am having a little difficulty with opening the gate in the sword room.
I have traversed back across the tops of the pillars and shimmyed across the wall to where the wheel thingy is that opens the gate below, however the wheel only turns one quarter and then repels back to its normal position, so theres no chance of jumping down quickly and jumping under the gate.... really stuck here and would appreciate any advice, although through my searches it seems I may be bugged.
I would appreciate any pointers or links to bug threads that explain this... I would be willing to start the level again If I am certain it will eradicate the bug and I know how far I should go back... should I just start Francis folly from the beginning?

Any answers appreciated
Best wishes
Jack

JackSilver
9th Jun 2007, 23:02
:mad2:
Ok I have sorted it now....stupid me.... didnt realise the camera angle was affecting how she turns the wheel. After turning the wheel a quarter turn I then tried the next direction button and she carried on turning the wheel with each direction change.
I was stuck on this for 8 hours... weird little camera direction quirk..
Anyway all sorted now!
Best wishes
Jack

Joshorty
10th Jun 2007, 04:47
Did people really have trouble with jumping off from the grapple-wall-run to the piller:confused:? It was pretty obvious (not to pull any strings here...) or easy!:D When I read the walkthrough in www.tombraiderchronicles.com. it said that that part happened to be the most frustrating jump you can make but it wasn't:confused:

10th Jun 2007, 07:13
What I do is when she gets towards the peak of her arc, I swing the camera behind her, and then press back and jump.