PDA

View Full Version : End phase of Mountain Cave Final Door problem

MetalHeart
7th Jun 2007, 11:06
OK. Here is my problem.
At the very end of the Mountain cave the final door is locked by two lock mechanisms. I have lowered both levers so there is no lock anymore.
But when i get down to press the plate to finally open the doors, the wooden plank that holds them it moves a bit causing a small earthquake and then stops. So i'm stuck there... Any thoughts on this???

Thnx in advance.

Here is a screenshot of what i'm facing (i'm on the pressure plate)
http://www.dropfiles.net/filez/232/Mountain%20Cave%20End%20Doors.JPG

Milli Croft
7th Jun 2007, 11:09
The same happened to me. Kill Lara and then try to open the door.

(sorry for my English)

MetalHeart
7th Jun 2007, 11:17
K. I found out what is going on...
Dont know if its a bug or something.
When i looked on the lock mechanisms when i wa on the plate i saw that the first lock was somwhow a little lowered down but not that much as to block the door. I just went to lower it down again and ... that did it.
Sorry for making this thread... :o :o :whistle: :whistle: :nut: :)

aussie500
7th Jun 2007, 12:16
You jumped of to soon, it had not fully lowered. l did that yesterday, stood there in stunned amazement when the door did not open. l had only opened it like 20 times, this time it did not want to open so l had to go and do the weight again :nut:

ziad
7th Jun 2007, 13:15
i think its timed... i'm guessing anyway because of that horrible ticking sound it makes... what i think u should do is pull down the second one first and then go back for the first one, and then try opening the door

ColdBlueSun
7th Jun 2007, 13:28
There is a bug involved here -- I made a topic on this in the support section but few read it -- where by the right hand weight is no longer solid. When that happens you can no longer use it thus the door never opens. I've had that happen *every time* I've replayed the level (5 times now) but *never* when I play the level for the first time on a profile (again, 5 times now).

aussie500
7th Jun 2007, 13:38
Strange l have played that lots of times and never had that happen, what version are you playing?

Xcom
7th Jun 2007, 13:59
i think its timed... i'm guessing anyway because of that horrible ticking sound it makes... what i think u should do is pull down the second one first and then go back for the first one, and then try opening the door

I think you are right, and I think that's exactly how I did it.