PDA

View Full Version : Moments when the graphics really did buzz your nuts

Notts Raider
6th Jun 2007, 21:12
What made this game perfect for me was when I entered the area where Kold gets shot by the kid and you have to work your way up the side of a slope with pillars you have to jump on to activate. This was amazing for the graphics, at times you would hear a burst from the lava and shortly afterwards the screen would have 'heat haze' all over it, slightly blurring the screen. The 'depth of field' was so realistic, I was in awe at the realism.

Rydell
7th Jun 2007, 00:40
The time when the graphics were the most impressive to me was in Egypt in the temple of khamoon with the big pillar in the middle with the water around it and the lilly pads. Another time was in the room of posidon. It looked so amazing with the water. However my favorite levels regardless of graphics were the peru levels.

Relic Hunter
7th Jun 2007, 01:23
The time when the graphics were the most impressive to me was in Egypt in the temple of khamoon with the big pillar in the middle with the water around it and the lilly pads. Another time was in the room of posidon. It looked so amazing with the water. However my favorite levels regardless of graphics were the peru levels.

I agree about temple of khamoon and the folly level, room of Poseidon. They are both impressive graphics wise and in game play. They are two of my favourite levels of the game. The coliseum, even though the level itself was a disappointment, I found the graphics very impressive also.
Apart from the lost valley and to some extent, Tomb of Qualopec. I found the other Peru levels too short and boring. Egypt and Greece did it for me.

Rydell
7th Jun 2007, 01:49
Egypt and greece huh? I really liked them as well. But nothing beats playing the mountain caves. I absolutely love those levels. They are sooo awesome. I loved the whole game but when I'm replaying I always go to peru:lol:

Relic Hunter
7th Jun 2007, 02:34
It's a shame when replaying mountain caves that there’s no way of switching those insulting game play hints off that keep popping up. It spoils the game play and the moment, if u get what I mean? Vilcabamba had atmosphere I’ll give it that. I liked the ambient sounds/music that occurred whilst trying to open the main door, in and around where the bats appear. I'll never tire of replaying lost valley, such a fab level. Tomb of Qualopec had its moments. The hallways where the lone raptors appear scare the crap out of me every time I play it lol.

Quicki
14th Jun 2007, 15:03
I loved the Poseidon room. I got very chilled, and i wanted to go swim =)

14th Jun 2007, 16:58
It was in the Temple of khamoon, just before you enter the area with two sphinxes, when the air is yellow and hazy. Just beautiful.

CrisGer
14th Jun 2007, 19:22
The graphics sets, and the texturing, lighting and dynamic elements are really well done here, with TR Aniv, i think it is superior and very well integrated. To the point of being a work of art. Great work.

Mangar The Dark
14th Jun 2007, 20:17
I loved the Poseidon room. I got very chilled, and i wanted to go swim =)

That's a great room, and not just in terms of graphics... the puzzle itself was a lot of fun to figure out. Not overly difficult, not overly easy, just the perfect level. (I'm so glad we didn't have Zip and Alistair telling us, "Lara, why don't you try lowering the water level now? Ah, that worked! Now try raising it again! I think you need to move that box, Lara. Maybe you could use that raft, Lara. You might need your grappling hook, Lara," etc, etc, etc.)