PDA

View Full Version : Horsey horsey things?

Special_K
6th Jun 2007, 20:31
what are these called?

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/1073/tra2007060321195614ka5.jpg

K R calling them Bert & Ernie for the time being, but what are they really called?

and can you ride them?

6th Jun 2007, 20:34
They're called centaurs, and no, cause they're too evil, and would set Lara's bum on fire if it touched their backs :D .

i_am2young4this
6th Jun 2007, 20:40
what are these called?

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/1073/tra2007060321195614ka5.jpg

K R calling them Bert & Ernie for the time being, but what are they really called?

and can you ride them?

He he he!!!:lmao: :lmao:
Your crazy!!:nut: !I like the ideea!!Riding centaurs!!WoHO!!Me and Lara would have a blast with Bert & Ernie!!!:lmao: :lmao:

redfox45
6th Jun 2007, 21:25
God I loved that fight;)

Rai
6th Jun 2007, 22:54
You know as a Saggitarian, I should seriously resent how these guys are portrayed. But do I blame Core or Crystal? How dare they put Centaurs in a game and make them evil so Lara has to kill them!!! :mad:

Nah, The Evil Twins were maddeningly enjoyable to kill off. Also, strangely, I found Stone Lara rather funny! :lol: :rasp:

ziad
7th Jun 2007, 00:13
that was the best boss fight

Dutch_Croft
7th Jun 2007, 08:47
that was the best boss fight
Well since you've already beaten these creatures, can you please tell me how to win this batlle? Once they stand still I'm trying to throuw the grapple, but I can't seem to get their shields out of their hands..... I guess I'm stuck, pls help???

chris and chan
7th Jun 2007, 09:53
Well since you've already beaten these creatures, can you please tell me how to win this batlle? Once they stand still I'm trying to throuw the grapple, but I can't seem to get their shields out of their hands..... I guess I'm stuck, pls help???

LOL, I was doing that for no less than two hours last night. I gave up, and used a trainer.
Without the trainer, I killed one of the things after about 20 minutes, but the last one, no matter what I did, seemed impossible to kill - I gave up and used a one shot kill cheat in the end! (IWe have 30 top PC games intalled on our HD, nad TRA is the only game where I have been compelled to use a cheat to help enhance the enjoyment of a game!)

ziad
7th Jun 2007, 13:12
Well since you've already beaten these creatures, can you please tell me how to win this batlle? Once they stand still I'm trying to throw the grapple, but I can't seem to get their shields out of their hands..... I guess I'm stuck, pls help???

does it actually grapple the sheilds? and ure problem is actually pulling it away... or does it just not grapple at all?

if it's teh first one, then err just take ure time and actually make sure u press the triangle button (if on ps2) down properly, and hold it down for a bit less then a second, and that should take it away...

it's really annoying because if u tap any button she like doesn't do it properly... and if she throws the grapple at them with u tapping the button then she half throws it... like before it reaches them, she reels it in again :mad2: lol

so yeah with me it's just about how i actually pressed the button... and like make sure ure facing them aswell, it helps if anything... but that is one of those obvious things lol... once u do take the sheilds away from them, run to the sheilds once u get them angry and pick them up... that will deflect the weird green beam. and then they turn into stone,

once that, then let go of the sheilds and shoot them as much as u can, u can kill them in one go if u shoot them enough times...

i hope that helps

Atheist
7th Jun 2007, 14:28
You know as a Saggitarian, I should seriously resent how these guys are portrayed. But do I blame Core or Crystal? How dare they put Centaurs in a game and make them evil so Lara has to kill them!!! :mad:

Well, they're not really centaurs as in the wise, magical, majestic beings we see in fairytales and fokelore and Narnia books. They're just half horse, half man mutant flesh creatures. They should'nt really be called centaurs.

Dutch_Croft
7th Jun 2007, 14:31
does it actually grapple the sheilds? and ure problem is actually pulling it away... or does it just not grapple at all?

if it's teh first one, then err just take ure time and actually make sure u press the triangle button (if on ps2) down properly, and hold it down for a bit less then a second, and that should take it away...

it's really annoying because if u tap any button she like doesn't do it properly... and if she throws the grapple at them with u tapping the button then she half throws it... like before it reaches them, she reels it in again :mad2: lol

so yeah with me it's just about how i actually pressed the button... and like make sure ure facing them aswell, it helps if anything... but that is one of those obvious things lol... once u do take the sheilds away from them, run to the sheilds once u get them angry and pick them up... that will deflect the weird green beam. and then they turn into stone,

once that, then let go of the sheilds and shoot them as much as u can, u can kill them in one go if u shoot them enough times...

i hope that helps

No I could n't grapple at all, but I've just downloaded a trailer at TR Chronicles, were I can see the Boss fight with the "Horsy things". It looks soo easy, but it's prety hard to do. Well at least I know now how to do it, THNXX a lot folks for all your help anyway! :thumbsup: :) I'm gonna try to beat them :D