PDA

View Full Version : Very Upset and Dissapointed

Rydell
6th Jun 2007, 19:47
Okay I bought tomb raider anniversary a little over a week ago for the pc off ebay. I've been playing it since with my 360 controller. But saddly my PC will not allow me to have everything on it's highest setting. Close but not everything. So I decided to buy it at my local ebgames (PS2 version) which I might add is four kilometers away. So first the release date was the fifth. It was in their release binder at eb and everything.:D So I walked there after school yesterday but it wasn't there. :rolleyes: However a reserve your copy now was there in three cases with Anniversary on it. So I didn't bother to reserve it figuring it would be out tomorrow. Now it was the sixth in their binder. So I walk down there today, It's the sixth I might add. I walked down there after school which is a really long walk but I did it yesterday and I was going to do it today because I wanted a copy. I get there and still see the reserve cases on the shelf so I asked the guy if they had it. He said no and it's not comming out untill the end of the month:eek: . You can imagine how mad I was.:mad2: I didn't say anything but proceeded to check there binder. The whole PS2 and PSP new release pages were now missing?:scratch: I was like wtf? So I left and then walked to walmart which was not so far away and they didn't have it either.**** And now It's not comming out untill the end of the month? What is that? :confused:

Eidos/CD please make realease dates so we can be so excited and happy when we want to go buy the game. Not mad, unhappy and annoyed with the whole company for a couple of days****

CANADA btw

Bampire
6th Jun 2007, 19:56
I was going to head over to EB games soon, but before that I called the store and they said "Not until I get my shipment in" And soo... It's my graduation tonight, and I was hoping to grab the game before I attend to my ceremony. So.. Not only it just came out today, it's still not in the stores.

I'd hope I don't have to wait a month for it. x.x I-We've waited long enough!

Fawk.

Rydell
6th Jun 2007, 20:10
I know what you mean. It's really irritating

Mertz523
6th Jun 2007, 21:07
Know what's also irritating? A lack of a Collector's Edition. The first time I went into EB Games today, I noticed the pre-order shelf for Halo 3. There are THREE editions to the game!

Normal ($60)
Collector's ($75)
Legendary ($130)

I was like :eek: . Not only is that just cool, but it's CRAZY! Who's gonna pay $130 for a video game?

And there have been other CE's from previous games here in the US. Rare, but still prominent. Why no CE for TRA? I wish someone could answe that for me...:(

TR4ever
6th Jun 2007, 21:07
Seems a joke, hell what is going on with eidos??

Rydell
6th Jun 2007, 22:08
I don't know what is going on with them, but it's really annoying and displeasing. I'm now going to avoid the stores and wait untill the weekend and hopefully buy it out of town. But It's really annoying. I can't express how I feel with words. Let the folowing emoticons help you understand how I feel

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :nut: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :(

Notts Raider
6th Jun 2007, 22:17
Let the folowing emoticons help you understand how I feel
(

here's one http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/472/gripetl1.gif

CatSuit&Ponytail
7th Jun 2007, 07:52
It could be shipping problems that are not Eidos' fault, couldn't it? Customs maybe? Shipped to the wrong address? Alien abduction of shipping crates?

Rydell
7th Jun 2007, 09:53
Nice one catsuit:) Yeah it might be. But I'm just a bit thrown off with the guy at EB saying it won't be out untill the end of the month. Are we getting a collectors edition or is it just Europe?

Rusty_DK
7th Jun 2007, 11:18
Got my copy today at an EB Games store in Australia...literally walked in, paid for it, and walked out. Even got the CE one too.

aussie500
7th Jun 2007, 12:11
The New Zealand release was delayed a week, they do not get theirs till the 14th, apparently there was a delay in having it rated. Possibly due to them getting a late copy of the collectors edition. If the collectors edition in America was held up somehow perhaps they decided to release the normal one first. Even though Australia had the game rated ages ago, our distributor never mentioned a collectors edition, none of our retailers knew if they were getting it till they opened the boxes yesterday and saw them.

l would not yet give up hope of seeing a collectors edition in the USA, although perhaps next time Eidos could just tell us which countries are getting what to save fans ordering from other countries just to be sure they get it.

gsusfrk
7th Jun 2007, 14:49
Okay I bought tomb raider anniversary a little over a week ago for the pc off ebay. I've been playing it since with my 360 controller. But saddly my PC will not allow me to have everything on it's highest setting. Close but not everything. So I decided to buy it at my local ebgames (PS2 version) which I might add is four kilometers away. So first the release date was the fifth. It was in their release binder at eb and everything.:D So I walked there after school yesterday but it wasn't there. :rolleyes: However a reserve your copy now was there in three cases with Anniversary on it. So I didn't bother to reserve it figuring it would be out tomorrow. Now it was the sixth in their binder. So I walk down there today, It's the sixth I might add. I walked down there after school which is a really long walk but I did it yesterday and I was going to do it today because I wanted a copy. I get there and still see the reserve cases on the shelf so I asked the guy if they had it. He said no and it's not comming out untill the end of the month:eek: . You can imagine how mad I was.:mad2: I didn't say anything but proceeded to check there binder. The whole PS2 and PSP new release pages were now missing?:scratch: I was like wtf? So I left and then walked to walmart which was not so far away and they didn't have it either.**** And now It's not comming out untill the end of the month? What is that? :confused:

Eidos/CD please make realease dates so we can be so excited and happy when we want to go buy the game. Not mad, unhappy and annoyed with the whole company for a couple of days****

CANADA btw

hey, *sigh* i just phoned the EB games at the cambridge mall in canada ontario, but they didn't say anything about at the end of the month only that they'll give me a call when they get it :S hmm, i really want tthis game, and I phoned futureshop and they said they didnt have it either but they might get it tommorrow cuz of they truck coming in... i wonder if you can get a refund for the preordered order at EB?

Captain Mazda
7th Jun 2007, 15:48
Best Buy has listed it in stock finally. Give them a call if you want or check out their site. I hope this means they ship it today.

gsusfrk
7th Jun 2007, 15:54
well i just got the only game that was in eb games... and baby oh it is amazing...my angers gone...i feel free :D

LisaB1962
7th Jun 2007, 16:03
Legendary ($130)(

The Legendary edition also gets you a replica Master Chief helmet.

Rydell
7th Jun 2007, 18:45
So you got a copy after at ebgames in canada? So it is out? Awesome was it collectors or regular edition?

gsusfrk
7th Jun 2007, 18:50
uh...its a regular :( but hey I thought I could play an hour at a time, but I can't... it...its a .... amazing:thumbsup:

Joshorty
7th Jun 2007, 19:47
Sorry to hear that:(

I got mine pre-ordered at EB Games in Square One and I picked it up yesterday right on the mark. What was odd is that when they phoned me that my copy is reserved, they said the Collector's edition is here but it turned out to be standard:( They even had it on their binder info so I dunno what's the deal. I walked there after school to pick up my copy too:D

And usually when they say releasing in June 5th, it'd mean that they're shipping it and it'd come out on a Wednesday, which is like last year in Legend. I thought it'd be on a Tuesday we get it (April 6th right?) and then it turned out to be Wednesday.

Next time, they should state the day it releases IN STORES....though it varies of course.

But this is odd - do you live in Canada? That's weird that they say it's gonna be releasing at the end of the month:(

Rydell
8th Jun 2007, 01:30
Yeah I live in Canada. I went down to eb today and asked a different guy this time so he checked the computer and everything and said it was supposed to be here the sixth. So I asked him what he thought went wrong and he said probably a back order or something and that I should check back tomorrow and it will be there Monday at the latest. But the good thing is I'm going to m provinces capital this weekend with my parents and they're will be a load more stores to check and stuff. So I'm pretty happy about that. Only one more day of school and then exams for a whole week:rolleyes: But I'll let you know whatever happens and what copy I get.:)

Joshorty
8th Jun 2007, 02:17
Lucky! I got one more of week left in school T_T..well yeah I hope you find a copy in the buncha other stores 'cause this is a game you simply can't miss:D!