PDA

View Full Version : I am positive that in TR8 (spoilers)

Salazar
6th Jun 2007, 13:48
Natla will return and recruit both Amelia Croft and Amanda Evert as her co-rulers of Atlantis. Think about it - Lara is going to Avalon to rescue her mother, but what would a rescue mission be without a twist? Amanda - she and Lara's friendship is already over.

Amanda and Amelia are weak characters, which makes even more sense why Natla would offer the position to someone who wants power, but neither are capable of overthrowing Natla. She would have total control of Atlantis, and both Mandy and Amelia would be her puppets.

Lara would have to face her own mother, best friend and worst enemy - almost 3 different sides to her personality.

imported_Kurtis_Trent
6th Jun 2007, 13:54
Natla is very much dead - lets just leave it at that eh ? As for Amilia "turning to the darkside" I'd be *very* surpised if she did.

- K.Trent

CommanderZx2
6th Jun 2007, 14:02
I don't really think that Natla is dead, usually when someone dies and they remain dead you see them die. Like the other characters getting killed in the cutscenes. You didn't see natla die, you only saw the block fall on her.

Didn't she say "You can't kill me"?

Headache
6th Jun 2007, 14:32
That's what they all say. :p

Bantam
6th Jun 2007, 14:34
That's what they all say. :p

didnt she also say we couldnt kill her because 'we would eventually run out of bullets'

from memory i didnt run out of bullets and i did kill her... hopefully anyway hehe

i dont think amelia will have a part but amanda definately and perhaps natla too... depending on whether she managed to get her skin back on... ew

Rai
6th Jun 2007, 15:22
Natla is very much dead - lets just leave it at that eh ? As for Amilia "turning to the darkside" I'd be *very* surpised if she did.

- K.Trent

I haven't seen the whole story of Anniversary yet, so I can't comment on Natla's death. But I doubt she'll be back for another go. But then again never say never.

Amanda is bound to be back in L2. She didn't die and still has a desire to get to Avalon hasn't she?

Amelia? Now what has she been up to whilst she's been stuck in Avalon? Nobody knows. Has she aged? Been stuck in suspended animation, frozen in time? Lived a happy life in Avalon and despite being happy to see Lara again if she gets there, won't want to be 'saved'? Her role is still uncertain. She could be influenced to go 'dark' by Amanda and Lara has to make her good again. Who knows? Well Eidos and CD do, but are they telling? :rasp:

DMC
6th Jun 2007, 15:35
I don't really think that Natla is dead, usually when someone dies and they remain dead you see them die. Like the other characters getting killed in the cutscenes. You didn't see natla die, you only saw the block fall on her.

I agree.They always return when it ends like that.We never actually saw her dead or anything.

CommanderZx2
6th Jun 2007, 15:54
Also do you remember that the one thing with lots of legs/arms, came back to life when you got the first scion and then stuff started falling everywhere. You never saw what heppened to that one either.

gopher666
6th Jun 2007, 16:59
Ahem. As Ive said in a previous thread. The two existing rulers are still alive. If you watch the cinematics again Qualopec moves in his tomb and Tihocan isn't even there! The question is, where is Tihocan?

The cinematics also put quite a bit of emphasis on the fact that Tihocan is not there.

Salazar
6th Jun 2007, 17:04
Difference between TR1 and TRA - Natla didn't mutate. She's a diety now - hence why she constantly switched between 3 forms. She said herself she cannot die. Also her battle ended by getting crushed by a pillar. UM EXCUSE ME - if a swim in lava, Lara's bullets, being frozen for millenia then surving a nuke isn't going to kill her, then a crumbled pillar won't either. That ending was classic Xena - evil goddess cannot be killed, so you trap her under a pile of rocks.

And BTW I only watched that show for the chicks.

CommanderZx2
6th Jun 2007, 17:24
Indeed, I wonder if we'll go to that place where lara's mother is in Tomb raider 8 and find all 3 of them there. That would be interesting.

i_am2young4this
6th Jun 2007, 18:22
OH MY GOD!!!I GOT IT!!!
Natla is going to manipulate Amanda and Amelia and make her co-rulers!!It`s perfect for her!!Amanda is a **** that would have done anything to get to Avalon and Amelia is weak and she is Lara`s mother!Revenge!!Or maybe she will try to kill Amelia or use her to get her hands on Lara!!And OMG!!!Maybe Natla will bring back Larson from the dead to make Lara feel bad because she killed him!!And when Lara thinks that she`s lost all hope Qualopec and Tihocan step in the game and help her kill Natla once and for all!!!
Why do i think this?...
Because Qualopec and Tihocan weren`t dead and we didn`t see them later in the game so that means that we *might* see them in Legend II.
Natla i think didn`t die, she just got trapped under a pilar and when Lara escaped she could have freedherself and even if the explosion got to her she would have survived it, i mean c`mon she swims through lava and lets not forget the explosion that freed her from her cristal beauty thingy, we can see that she is on fire when she flies aweay!!

TR4ever
6th Jun 2007, 18:24
Think this Storyline is getting nowere, i´d rather prefer to find that Amanda is Natla´s daughter and is revenging on Lara´s mother.

i_am2young4this
6th Jun 2007, 18:25
And why didn`t Qualopec and Tihocan kill her themselfs?Because they couldnt
she wouldnt die!!I mean CD and Eidos are giving hints that they want to bring her back!!And she shouldn`t die die like that!!Trapped under a pillar!!

i_am2young4this
6th Jun 2007, 18:27
Think this Storyline is getting nowere, i´d rather prefer to find that Amanda is Natla´s daughter and is revenging on Lara´s mother.

Sorry but that is stupid!!AMANDA ISN`T NATLA`S DAUGHTER!!!

TR4ever
6th Jun 2007, 18:29
Sorry but that is stupid!!AMANDA ISN`T NATLA`S DAUGHTER!!!

Who knows it.... Natla had strange powers and remeber: Powers beyound the creator himself.

i_am2young4this
6th Jun 2007, 18:36
Who knows it.... Natla had strange powers and remeber: Powers beyound the creator himself.

Ok tell you what, let`s think about it...
1.Amanda and Lara where friends from collage right?Lara knows her and they were good friends!!
2.CD changed Natla`s look because they didn`t want people to make a conection between her and Natla.
3.It doesn`t connect!!Amanda & Lara where friends in collage and Lara meet Natla a long time after!!How could Natla have a daughter to avenge her mother`s deat before she even meets Lara??

CommanderZx2
6th Jun 2007, 18:37
Perhaps we will be locking natla up in new frozen chamber in next tomb raider. Maybe even turn her into a statue, like that attack the horse creatures used.

She'd make a nice statue in lara's house.

i_am2young4this
6th Jun 2007, 18:41
Perhaps we will be locking natla up in new frozen chamber in next tomb raider. Maybe even turn her into a statue, like that attack the horse creatures used.

She'd make a nice statue in lara's house.

A gold one?
Or maybe they will lock her in Avalon...

Undiscovered_Tomb
6th Jun 2007, 18:45
how about on legend 2 lara just looks for her mother and natla doesnt have anything to do with it because isnt legend lara older than anniversary lara and natla doesnt really have anything to do with trl and they just made tra so we can understand the story better but i dunno because i think they connect some how:confused: :confused: :confused:

LET MY COOKIE BE!

i_am2young4this
6th Jun 2007, 19:05
Actually TRA isn`t just a remake...
It says so in the first trailer "to understand you present you have to go back to your past" and there is Richard Croft`s diary and before the Folly level we hear Richard say that the Scion has a conection to Amelias "death"...
It has a conection to Legend.And if you finished the game try to think about it and make conections and you will see!!
I think Natla, Qualapec and Tihocan will be in Legend II because Natla didn`t die and neighter did Qualapec or Tihocan and they will be back and i don`t think Qualopec and Tihocan will be against Lara because she destroyed the Scion and stoped Natla from being a bad girl again...
Think about it people!!

6th Jun 2007, 19:26
And why didn`t Qualopec and Tihocan kill her themselfs?Because they couldnt
she wouldnt die!!I mean CD and Eidos are giving hints that they want to bring her back!!And she shouldn`t die die like that!!Trapped under a pillar!!

They didn't kill her because freezing her put her in limbo and eternal suffering.

TR4ever
6th Jun 2007, 20:53
Actually TRA isn`t just a remake...
It says so in the first trailer "to understand you present you have to go back to your past" and there is Richard Croft`s diary and before the Folly level we hear Richard say that the Scion has a conection to Amelias "death"...
It has a conection to Legend.And if you finished the game try to think about it and make conections and you will see!!
I think Natla, Qualapec and Tihocan will be in Legend II because Natla didn`t die and neighter did Qualapec or Tihocan and they will be back and i don`t think Qualopec and Tihocan will be against Lara because she destroyed the Scion and stoped Natla from being a bad girl again...
Think about it people!!

It would also be interesting. But hell i don´t care, when the game comes out we will know what happens untill then we shouldn´t start speculating because maibe the story is going to be different from what we thought and we will get disapointed.