PDA

View Full Version : Let's have a ps3 version!!!

jupiterandsaturn
6th Jun 2007, 11:37
I want a PS3 version so as to enjoy the graphics of the pc version on my console. C'mon Eidos/Crystal... hop to it!

MrE26
6th Jun 2007, 14:57
Not gonna happen i'm afraid, Eidos aren't releasing any PS3 games this year. A 360 version is possible, although i don't think that'll happen either. Shame as i'd love to see Anniversary with full next gen visuals.

i_am2young4this
6th Jun 2007, 18:05
You can still play Tomb Raider Anniversary for Ps2 on Ps 3, i think it is compatible:o

mikeysg
7th Jun 2007, 04:26
I want a PS3 version so as to enjoy the graphics of the pc version on my console. C'mon Eidos/Crystal... hop to it!I seriously doubt this coz coding for the PS3 is prolly gonna take a whole rewrite.......a 360 version, though easier to port, is not on the horizon as well. Play the PC version, though I'm not a big fan of such games on PC, TRL and TRA has changed my mind somewhat....;)

i_am2young4this
7th Jun 2007, 05:03
What is the difference between the PS3 graphics and the XBox 360 graphics?

mikeysg
7th Jun 2007, 05:29
What is the difference between the PS3 graphics and the XBox 360 graphics?As of right now, I don't believe any game pushes the envelope, GoW on the 360 looks pretty awesome, so does R:FoM on the PS3......and yet, I don't believe neither has any game that really tax their overall system capability and graphics sub-routine. Here's a shot of R:FoM on my 37" WS LCD TV @1080i -
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/mikeysg/DSCN1079.jpg

Didn't take any shot of GoW on my 360, but trust me, it looks equally damn awesome.

i_am2young4this
7th Jun 2007, 09:51
yeah but you still didn`t answer my quaestion...
Which one is better?I wanna buy a Xbox 360 or a PS 3 and i don`t know which one is better!!!

Rydell
7th Jun 2007, 09:59
I have a 360 and am very happy with it. The graphics on games like Perfect Dark Zero and Gears of War are amazing. It's also cheaper than the PS3 and theres more games for the 360 because it's easier to develop for. So I'd get the 360. Infact instead of buying a PS3 I'm going to sell my fat PS2 and get the slim one:rolleyes: instead of getting a PS3. However if good games come out in time I will get a Ps3. Also the six axis is no fun either.

Rusty_DK
7th Jun 2007, 11:30
I have a 360 and am very happy with it. The graphics on games like Perfect Dark Zero and Gears of War are amazing. It's also cheaper than the PS3 and theres more games for the 360 because it's easier to develop for. So I'd get the 360. Infact instead of buying a PS3 I'm going to sell my fat PS2 and get the slim one:rolleyes: instead of getting a PS3. However if good games come out in time I will get a Ps3. Also the six axis is no fun either.

easier to develop for?? hwo about the fact thats its been on the market longer than the PS3...:rolleyes: :nut: :rolleyes: :nut:

mikeysg
7th Jun 2007, 11:43
easier to develop for?? hwo about the fact thats its been on the market longer than the PS3...:rolleyes: :nut: :rolleyes: :nut:PS3 was delayed, and this delay cost them. Also, it's quite a known fact that game developers in general (not the huge ones that can afford the millions involved to develope a game) are reluctant to write a game for PS3 becoz it's simply harder to do than for the 360. Even JC (John Carmack.....the one who did Doom and its sequel (D3), and the one responsible for the D3 engine) once commented that coding for the PS3 was much tougher than for the 360. Those excellent guys at VALVE also made comments to that effect....so, it's not merely Rydell's opinion here.

I ain't a fanboy of either, though I dislike Sony after the rootkit debacle, I'm all about gaming, that's why I have both consoles.....and the Wii as well. Can't get enough of games, no matter what platform they be.:nut:

Rusty_DK
7th Jun 2007, 14:09
hmmm fair enough, point taken

Atheist
7th Jun 2007, 14:13
They're not doing any next generation for TRA. So if the game was realised for the 360 or the PS3 it would'nt look any better then the PC or PS2.

Kaitlyn
7th Jun 2007, 15:32
I want a PS3 version so as to enjoy the graphics of the pc version on my console. C'mon Eidos/Crystal... hop to it!

I totally agree, i love PS3 and it's graphical abilities, i'm sure if a PS3 version was released it would be near flawless.............. and just maybe it would up PS3 sells, it saden me that PS3 is still struggling..........

L3ggy
7th Jun 2007, 19:06
Get PS3 got much better graphics, just look at MGS4

o°ÅNUBIS°o
7th Jun 2007, 19:23
TR8 is rumoured to be @E3 at the Sony Booth
Well Karima Adebibe is said to be there so lets hope it's true

i_am2young4this
7th Jun 2007, 19:24
They're not doing any next generation for TRA. So if the game was realised for the 360 or the PS3 it would'nt look any better then the PC or PS2.

It`s been confirmed TRA will be on Xbox 360 as episodic downloads...

MrE26
7th Jun 2007, 19:25
Get PS3 got much better graphics, just look at MGS4I can't, it's not released until 2008...
This however..
http://www.games-asia.com/images/x360-Gears-of-War-4.jpg... i can play right now. Can't see games looking much better than this anytime soon.

mikeysg
7th Jun 2007, 19:43
I dunno why some keep saying that PS3 gfx beats the 360, so far, from the two games that defined shooters for each platform - GoW for the 360 and R:FoM for the PS3 - it's kinda hard to say which is better though I'd give the edge to the 360 simply becoz GoW looks so damn good, and a hella fun too. I'll have to admit that the PS3 seemed stronger spec-wisem but all this is moot till we can make an apple to apple comparison between the 360 and the PS3 in a hardware stressful game that may be ported to both. Haze for the PS3 looks good, but I do hope it gets properly ported to PC.............nothing beats KB + mouse combo for FPS.;) Anyway, I'm anxiously awaiting Crysis which would present a stressful graphics sub-routine challenge for any computer....:eek:

o°ÅNUBIS°o
8th Jun 2007, 22:59
I can't, it's not released until 2008...
This however..
http://www.games-asia.com/images/x360-Gears-of-War-4.jpg... i can play right now. Can't see games looking much better than this anytime soon.

It's called the unreal engine 3
http://www.tothegame.com/res/game/4257/feature/2006-05-10/screen2_large.jpg
And as you can see, many Epic games have those visuals
And before you say it, UT3 is Epics flagship title so it will blow GeoW out the water graphically
And it's a multiformat game that comes out this year
so really any of the next consoles can achieve better visuals then that
nice looking game throu

L3ggy
8th Jun 2007, 23:12
I can't, it's not released until 2008...
This however..
... i can play right now. Can't see games looking much better than this anytime soon.

MGS4 is comming out in november or atleast in europe.

Paulraider
9th Jun 2007, 02:32
The answer to Athiest is. not much bth.

360 maybe have been out a little while longer than the PS3, but the graphics are top notch. There is lead you can get for it, equivalent to a HD lead cos my mate got one and the graphics on a HD are awsome and he has PS3 and there is no difference.

Saying that, the games that first come out for the 360 like perfect dark, there will be a quality difference, but any game i would say that come over the last 12 month stands up

just played ghost recon and call of duty out of this world on 360 and resistanceo n Ps3. not difference
and the other major difference of course is the £200 price difference and 360 has the game range, PS3 at the moment as hardly anything with the money you splash out for it

so 360 for price, great value and game range and PS3 quality

PS3 if you want to wait 12 month for another 30 games to be released

tidy_george
9th Jun 2007, 02:36

ps3 will never compare to PC mate pc owns any console with the right setup :rasp:

shurik
9th Jun 2007, 04:23
ps3 will never compare to PC mate pc owns any console with the right setup :rasp:

No totally wrong. You got it other way around ;) , PC will never compare to PS3 graphics if the PS3 game is designed and developed to it's highest level. At this point PS3 haven't showed it yet, but Sony is releasing a "graphic chip" that will show it's real BEYOND power of gaming.

Which one is better?I wanna buy a Xbox 360 or a PS 3 and i don`t know which one is better!!!

There shouldn't be an argument. PS3 is the best system right now hands down, but some people think it's overpriced. It's really much more than just the game console, it's capable of much more than the 360. Go for the PS3 and in the future, trust me you won't regret it. PS3 is just starting to show it's power.

o°ÅNUBIS°o
9th Jun 2007, 04:25

The PS3 version of Oblivion matches a Top Spec PC gaming rig running Oblivion
while you can get graphic cards that will eat the RSX alive on a spec sheet, no PC game will ever be optimised for that any one card, but of course graphic's cards are & will get more powerful
but in reality your current powerful GC will be choking at games the PS3 will be doing in 2008
And more to the point the Cell Processor kicks any PC processors ass no matter how much you've paid for you gaming rig
So yeah I agree with you, a PC will out do the PS3 graphically in most areas
but in processing power? the type needed for gaming? the PS3 owns them, literally

mikeysg
9th Jun 2007, 13:05
No totally wrong. You got it other way around ;) , PC will never compare to PS3 graphics if the PS3 game is designed and developed to it's highest level. At this point PS3 haven't showed it yet, but Sony is releasing a "graphic chip" that will show it's real BEYOND power of gaming.Puh-lease, PS3 uses RSX GPU which is basically a 7800GTX (DX9 functionality only), though it does get some help from the multi-CPUs. To say that present computers cannot match it in terms of graphics is more than a tad fanboyish IMHO. Highest level? When would these be available? What game has DX10 vusuals?:scratch: The rig in my sig below can easily beat the PS3 in ANY game (if it has support for both PC and PS3) in terms of visual eye candy......sure, my rig cost a whole hella lot more than a PS3, but it's what hardcore gamers like me love. You can't accuse me of being anti-PS3, I have the PS3 as well but I'm well aware of its limitations. If you'd wanna see proof of what I have - console-wise that is - a pic speaks a thousand words.:nut:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/mikeysg/DSCN1139.jpg

If you wanna talk about great visuals, check out Crysis.....only very high-end rigs can do it justice in DX10. Admittedly, PS3 Haze does look pretty good too. AFAIK, PS3 is capable of DX9 visuals, and no more than that. Crysis is the first game to be optimized for DX10, although the DX9 vs DX10 do show some difference, but the CryTek2 engine has more in store. These added eye candy can only be enabled when newer, and more powerful, graphics cards hit the scene - think G90 and R700. The PS3 and 360 will stagnate @DX9 while PC graphics move on to the next level, PC's always evolving, and with Intel's Penryn and AMD's K10 CPUs on the horizon while graphics cards will solidify at DX10 and, perhaps, move on to the next level.