PDA

View Full Version : Obelisk of Khamoon - help!

lois
6th Jun 2007, 01:12
i am on the last room with the huge staircase to the left which has sunk into the wall. i have pulled out the box and climbed onto it and jumped up onto the crevice - then jumped up again to the next above that. then i grappled to my left onto the bug switch and jumped up again onto another crevice from which i jumped off to my left. i can see a huge blade coming out of the wall and going back in again. i climb up onto the crevice to the right of that blade and again, jump back to grapple onto the bug switch and the crevice about that. then i face left and grapple whilst the blade is in - i swing back and grap the crevice just above where i just was.
now this is my problem! - i want to reach out and grapple across to the higher level which i know your meant to do, but my grapple keeps aiming for the lower grapple hook and not the higher one which it should aim for!! all my angles are correct but it still aims for the grapple hook which is below me (which bugs the game and she goes stiff into the wall - i have to reload)
has anyone else encountered this problem? it seems such an odd problem as the rest of the game is perfectly fine! any help appriciated!!

aussie500
7th Jun 2007, 07:18
Did you try looking at the grapple point you want to use, just move the camera upwards

Grieyls
7th Jun 2007, 08:30
Is that the only way through that room cause I have to admit those spinning blades are most frustrating to the extreme. I've spent three hours trying to get past them to no avail :mad2: Now if there is another way I take that otherwise I'm sure I will be tearing my hair out for this bit over the next week or so :nut:

Grieyls
7th Jun 2007, 10:13
Not to worry I found the back door as it were. ;)

Vlad-II
12th Jun 2007, 03:46
I can't seem to get past that part too, I believe the switch to lower the final drawbridge is on the top of that room somewhere. I have all three keys I just need one more key and the only way is by lowering that final drawbridge. I already have the Ankh of Isis, Scarab of Osiris and Eye of Horus, I just need that final last key anyone know how to get it?

-Vlad

munchkin
12th Jun 2007, 05:09
Hi guys its all in the timing of your runs and the camera angle for each section. It took me ages, and ages to do this section, but its worth persevering with.

Remeber once you are on the platform where the steps with the pick ups are.... your second run wall jump (you will be on a ledge above a bug ledge thingy) is to the ledge above where you are. So your wall running away and then back again then jump at the highest point in the wall run.

It is possible to do.

good luck.

beccaxx

NaughtyGirl
12th Jun 2007, 05:44
:mad2: mine did the same thing....and now won't grapple at all!

and then to line up with the sticks and the wall:mad2: how the heck do you line up to the mother bleepin' ...I keep jumping off balance and there is surely not enough time to correct :mad2: maybe with old easy to line up predictable Lara this would have been done an hour ago, but not with sneeze wrong and you land in a pit Lara..

sometimes it feels like they just made things extra stupidly hard because they knew most stuff was too easy :mad2: it's not even good frustrating because you know it's not your skill that needs improving it's the mother bleepin' game.

NaughtyGirl
12th Jun 2007, 11:26
grrr

I thought I just had the 2 am blues

But I made it across the stepping/wall pit this morning:D .....

and now somehow they want me to do it in reverse:mad2:

:lol:

munchkin
12th Jun 2007, 14:05
oh dear.....

it is not the mother bleeping game..... with the right skill you can do it quite well.

it is all in the timing..... *hint* with the blade traps and wall runs on most of them if you start when the blade is out then you will make it .... the last one with the double blade trap wall run start as the blade start to go in but you have to do the whole run and jump in one goand jump just before the second blade in the wall.

A few tries should see you through.

The jumping over chasm on pointed poles with closing walls ..... jump when the walls are closed you will land (i made it a habit to press triangle or whatever the steady/recover button is for you as a reflex this saves time) then jump to next pole if your timing is spot on then you can do it in one fluid sequence.... (this is possible)

if your really, really stuck try reading http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tombraideranniversary/walkthrough/index.html

ps i did this after being up all night and it was about 7am when i put the game off and dozed off..... (i lost track of time) so it is possibel to do even when your tired if you get the timing right.....

beccaxx

NaughtyGirl
12th Jun 2007, 14:25
I wish I had a PC instead of PS2 so I could actually show you how you can see the grapple line not aiming for the little square button so clearly in front of it but instead flying into some unknown area therefore hurtling me to my death over and over.

And how by the time I could even press the triangle half the time the walls were already munching on prime Lara.....

I'm not saying it's not possible...I'm saying it's taking more luck than skill to do it right now.

And you don't have to be condescending please....it's only the 8th Tomb Raider game I've played...I think I know what I'm facing and I'm allowed to take 2 seconds and vent at the game before giving it another try, thank you!:rasp:

munchkin
12th Jun 2007, 15:06
I wish I had a PC instead of PS2 so I could actually show you how you can see the grapple line not aiming for the little square button so clearly in front of it but instead flying into some unknown area therefore hurtling me to my death over and over.

And how by the time I could even press the triangle half the time the walls were already munching on prime Lara.....

I'm not saying it's not possible...I'm saying it's taking more luck than skill to do it right now.

no it is getting the conbination of timing and camera angles right. and as your playing on PS2 that is actually pretty easy once you figure it out. and you do not even need to do that, just follow the hints and you should be fine. although you might prefer to keep thinking they are condecending and ignore them.... your choiuce really.... :rolleyes:

And you don't have to be condescending please....it's only the 8th Tomb Raider game I've played...I think I know what I'm facing and I'm allowed to take 2 seconds and vent at the game before giving it another try, thank you!:rasp:

jeez that'll teach me to be helpful..... your welcome for the hints and so forth, hope you do it an all.... a thank you at some point would have been appreciated but i guess that is me dreaming again.

that will teach me to offer hints again.... what was i thinking? Oh yes thats it... "what a shame she is stuck there when its not that hard once you figure out the timing and camera angles... i know i'll let her know then she has a chance of doing it....."

how could i have been so condesending as to think someone maoning about not being able to do a section might appreciate a hint or two...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

bxx