PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Graphics!

cwalsh1
6th Jun 2007, 00:22
Hey can anybody that has the game for the PS2 tell me if the graphics are as bad as people say they are, or are they as good as god of war's. thanks

-=Tomb_Raider_4ever=-
6th Jun 2007, 00:44
I don't know if this will be any help to you, but you know how games usually have better Graphics on PC? Well, a lot of Reviews say that the graphics from both the PC and PS2 are the same, but they preferred the PS2 version because it runs smoother. Basically, this game has great graphics! I just got my copy today at GameCrazy so I'm currently playing it. Stuck in one of the God rooms in St. Francis' Folly :P

cwalsh1
6th Jun 2007, 01:06
thanks, your a great help.

mikeysg
6th Jun 2007, 01:17
You sure a PS2 version looks as good as the PC version? IMHO, the PS2 version at Standard Definition (SD which is 480x360 or 720x480?) cannot look as good as a PC version @1280x1024/1440x900 with max setting, 4xAA/8xAF. This game isn't as graphically demanding as TRL (with Next Gen enabled) and most decently spec'd rigs should be able to run it quite well. I have mine running @1920x1200, 2xAA/8xAF and it's buttery smooth and visually pleasing.:D

tidy_george
6th Jun 2007, 02:04
dude ps2 compare it to ps1 graphics then compare it to pc graphics :) game was meant for pc and xbox 360 ofc it will look bad, get ur self a decent pc man then run any games :D and tra looks so hot on pc compared to any console! (who makes console games? pc = no further questions) ;)

plus u can use past x8 settings ie i use x16Q anitialiasing and most amazing setting ps3 and xbox 360 dont even have hehe :)

Lara Croft Wanna Be
6th Jun 2007, 02:16
watch some gameplay videos unless your against that.

the only major difference i can see between pc and ps2 is that the pc goes into further detail than ps2 ex: foggy clouds at base of waterfalls - and it is a little more sharp - but the ps2 is easier to control - unless you have a gamepad.

if you asked me i couldnt tell difference from legend ps2 and legend pc (except when in high defination)

oh an watch some developer diarys they say its 10 time more demanding graphically than legend.

if you had legend on ps2 and liked - expect only the better (normal not next gen) graphics this time around!

i hope its good on ps2 thats what im getting for - im saving up for a new computer this summer :D :D :D :D

btw - if you put tv surround on progressive scan - it really clears thing up like sounds and some fuzziness

tidy_george
6th Jun 2007, 02:21
watch some gameplay videos unless your against that.

the only major difference i can see between pc and ps2 is that the pc goes into further detail than ps2 ex: foggy clouds at base of waterfalls - and it is a little more sharp - but the ps2 is easier to control - unless you have a gamepad.

if you asked me i couldnt tell difference from legend ps2 and legend pc (except when in high defination)

oh an watch some developer diarys they say its 10 time more demanding graphically than legend.

if you had legend on ps2 and liked - expect only the better (normal not next gen) graphics this time around!

i hope its good on ps2 thats what im getting for - im saving up for a new computer this summer :D :D :D :D

btw - if you put tv surround on progressive scan - it really clears thing up like sounds and some fuzziness

seriously man legend on next gen was so bugged it was horrific ! you had your plus and minus advantages wasnt that great but legend for pc was a remake for pc so wasnt that great :(

Lara Croft Wanna Be
6th Jun 2007, 02:25
seriously man legend on next gen was so bugged it was horrific ! you had your plus and minus advantages wasnt that great but legend for pc was a remake for pc so wasnt that great :(

yeah i never like that next gen - she looked plastic :(

aussie500
6th Jun 2007, 04:18
She might have on the PC but on the XBox 360 she looked great :thumbsup:
The PS2 is never going to give the same graphics as a PC, but they look fantastic for a PS2 game

MercuryRapids
6th Jun 2007, 06:56
Yeah, the PC version's graphics are a bit nicer, but the PS2 one still looks pretty amazing.

MrE26
6th Jun 2007, 08:40
For a PS2 game, it looks amazing. No effects have been cut from the PC version, it's basically identical except for the resolution.

Solan
6th Jun 2007, 09:35
The graphics are not as good as in God of war but still one of the best i've seen on the ps2. You can't compare ps2 to a pc.

Gamer4Lyfe
6th Jun 2007, 10:48
So does the PS2 version have the same water effects on Lara as the PC version? With the wet look on her skin, clothing & water dripping?

MrE26
6th Jun 2007, 10:49
So does the PS2 version have the same water effects on Lara as the PC version? With the wet look on her skin, clothing & water dripping?

Yeah, that's there on the PS2 version.

Tomb Radar
6th Jun 2007, 11:13
What are the PS2 Anniversary graphics like compared to the PS2 Legend graphics? Lara Croft Wanna Be said they're better, but I was wondering if theres a significant betterness or a little "if you tilt your head a bit and squint you'll notice them" betterness. :D

munchkin
6th Jun 2007, 11:28
What are the PS2 Anniversary graphics like compared to the PS2 Legend graphics? Lara Croft Wanna Be said they're better, but I was wondering if theres a significant betterness or a little "if you tilt your head a bit and squint you'll notice them" betterness. :D

They are better, it is immediatly obvious once you enter the game proper that the graphics are just that bit more smooth and detailed, the controls are just that bit better (i know i didn't think they could improve them either but they have) ..... Honestly if this was the version we got for the next gen it would still be pretty good graphically and not embaress itself.

Having not long got TRL for the 360 (as well as having had it since release for the ps2) the difference in graphics is amazing, the TRA ones for ps2 come somewhere in the middle of the ps2 TRL and the 360 TRL.

If that makes sense ;)

beccaxx

jupiterandsaturn
6th Jun 2007, 11:35
maybe if they release a ps3 version it'll look as good as the pc demo i've played.

Tomb Radar
6th Jun 2007, 11:56
They are better, it is immediatly obvious once you enter the game proper that the graphics are just that bit more smooth and detailed, the controls are just that bit better (i know i didn't think they could improve them either but they have) ..... Honestly if this was the version we got for the next gen it would still be pretty good graphically and not embaress itself.

Having not long got TRL for the 360 (as well as having had it since release for the ps2) the difference in graphics is amazing, the TRA ones for ps2 come somewhere in the middle of the ps2 TRL and the 360 TRL.

If that makes sense ;)

beccaxx

That makes perfect sense. Thank you. :)

I've played a bit of the Cornwall level of Legend on XBOX360, so I've got an idea how good the graphics of Anniversary are now.

I still don't know when I'll get it though. :rolleyes:

chris and chan
6th Jun 2007, 12:53
We have the PC version for our HTPC (AMD 4600 X2, Nvidia 7950 GPU, 2GB ram etc), plugged into our 50" HDTV, and I can't see for a second how a PS2 versions' visuals could compare! (PS2 is now relegated to the kid's rooms!)

Gamer4Lyfe
6th Jun 2007, 17:00
^^ Pics? :D

mikeysg
7th Jun 2007, 04:21
Oddly enough, I have TRL on both PC and 360, and though I can run TRL full bore on my PC (now relegated to 2nd rig status) - AM2 X2 4200+/K9N4 Ultra?2GB DDR2 667/XFX 7950 GX2 520M/X-Fi XM - @1920x1200, I must admit that somehow, the 360 version @1080i/720P looks a bit nicer. I honestly dunno why this is so though.....:scratch: I'll load TRL again into my main gaming rig, when my 2nd card gets back, and fire it up.....I'd post pics as comparison but apparently, TRA doesn't have a 'screenshot' button.....:mad2:

TouchOfPink
10th Jun 2007, 11:23
no, i stay true to the ps2 and the graphics are excellent! Obviously not as good as on a PC but they are still awesome! :D

Tomb Radar
10th Jun 2007, 12:52
no, i stay true to the ps2 and the graphics are excellent! Obviously not as good as on a PC but they are still awesome! :D

I got Legend on my PS2 and played a bit of the 360 version on my Uncle's 360. It looked nicer on the 360, but I still preferred the roughness of the PS2 version.

BlueSkiesXXV
10th Jun 2007, 14:53
I played through the entire game on PS2 and thought that it looked great for a PS2 game :thumbsup:

I am a console gamer, but I had to have a look at the PC demo when it was released. I ran the demo on my PC (at 1920x1200, with everything cranked up to 11).
There is no comparison at all!!!!! The PC version (on the correct rig) is seriously mind-blowing.

I hope the 360 version looks something like the PC version...That would make me VERY happy!!!

CD did a wonderful job with all aspects of this game.
I think that their previous two efforts puts them on track for an amazing Legend II. We should all be very excited.

shurik
10th Jun 2007, 16:43
Graphics are very good for the PS2! They're very similar to Legend's. Of course not as good as the PC's or 360 but for the PS2 they're simply awesome!

rabid metro
10th Jun 2007, 19:33
i've had several people comment to me that the TRA graphics are so realistic and cool (on the PS2).
IMO, the TRA graphics are clearly better than Legend and among the top three games, all time, for the PS2 ...

your mileage may vary ...

Tomb Radar
10th Jun 2007, 19:50
I've just tried my PS2 copy. The graphics are simply sublime. Did I mention I've got it? :rolleyes:

munchkin
11th Jun 2007, 13:05
I played through the entire game on PS2 and thought that it looked great for a PS2 game :thumbsup:

I am a console gamer, but I had to have a look at the PC demo when it was released. I ran the demo on my PC (at 1920x1200, with everything cranked up to 11).
There is no comparison at all!!!!! The PC version (on the correct rig) is seriously mind-blowing.

I hope the 360 version looks something like the PC version...That would make me VERY happy!!!

CD did a wonderful job with all aspects of this game.
I think that their previous two efforts puts them on track for an amazing Legend II. We should all be very excited.

oh i do agree, when i was replaying the TRex last night (getting missed secrets etc) my brother said imagine what TRL2 will be like if this is what they have done so far :) my dreams were sweet last night ;)

beccaxx