PDA

View Full Version : Princesses of Heart?

WhitePrism
25th Jul 2012, 19:14
One thing that I constantly don't get is the Princesses of Heart in Kingdom Hearts. Why did Square Enix choose those seven princesses speciffically to be pure of heart? Me, to be honest. I don't believe in there being good nor evil, only perspectives and opinions, so whenever "pure" is mentioned I get confused. Did they like recieve hearts that were pure at random when they were born? Or have their hearts just yet to be tainted I guess is what I'm getting at? Also, couldn't there be males that had pure hearts as well? ( I'm guessing not since even Sora had darkness in his heart and well, he seems still very innocent to me. Though as the story continues, I can see him maturing and getting more darkness it seems...) Also, did they mention hearts of pure darkness too?

member_10090566
25th Jul 2012, 20:33
The princesses are expanded upon in KH3D, so you'll find some answers there.

iambasho777
25th Jul 2012, 21:10
Birth By Sleep Final Mix added a couple of lines that suggested that the Princesses of Heart originated from the Keyblade War. Based on that, I would assume that their pure hearts (i.e., hearts entirely filled with light, not the slightest touch of darkness) are inherited somehow. If you read all of the reports in the games, you should know that the Princess's cannot actually be tainted by darkness. That's why Kairi never became a heartless and her body stayed in tact, when darkness took her heart from her body it went to the closest suitable vessel, Sora, and the body went into a comatose state. As for why those seven specifically, six of them are among the most notable female Disney characters while the seventh was needed to be an original character for the story to play out properly.

While there hasn't been any big event mentioning hearts of pure darkness, there have been some characters who have possessed them, namely Vanitus. Expect this to be prominent in DDD, though.

member_10328220
25th Jul 2012, 21:17
i don't know about disney, but the only final fantasy character i could see having a pure heart of darkness other than the obvious (Cloud of Darkness....) is Exdeath, being made from a tree who had countless demons sealed within it.

Shadow_Breaker
25th Jul 2012, 21:36
I dont know more about that but I do know that the 7 princess are pure hearted princess because the know how it feel to be in darkness but they never gave up thus becoming pure hearts princess.

tidusforeverx2
25th Jul 2012, 23:20
I do have some issues with the selections for the princesses. And I know i can't be the only one to point this out but why did they use alice as one of the princesses of heart? They could have used her world but easily made them say that she wasn't one of the Princesses but still had a nearly perfect heart which was why the heartless were attracted to her... and they could have replaced her with someone else because she is the only truely non royalty princesses. Whereas i think Belle could be brought into question because she wouldn't have technically a princess untill she was "with" beast. which seems like it hasnt happened by the time KHII rolls around.... And Kairi is still legitimatly a princess because she is the daughter of King Ansem. (Ansem the Wise)... I am really not the type to argue with creators but it does beg some questions.

new_tradition
26th Jul 2012, 01:32
And Kairi is still legitimately a princess because she is the daughter of King Ansem. (Ansem the Wise)

Wait, what? O_O

---

I remember in BbS, I think Maleficent tricked Terra into doing something with Aurora's heart (can't remember now) and whatever happened seemed to negate her place as a Princess of Heart-until Ventus came by and fixed it (I think; really need to play that game again...). So I guess there is something tangible to it.

WhitePrism
28th Jul 2012, 14:43
And Kairi is still legitimately a princess because she is the daughter of King Ansem. (Ansem the Wise)

Wait, what? O_O

---

I remember in BbS, I think Maleficent tricked Terra into doing something with Aurora's heart (can't remember now) and whatever happened seemed to negate her place as a Princess of Heart-until Ventus came by and fixed it (I think; really need to play that game again...). So I guess there is something tangible to it.

This is news to me, I didn't know Ansem was Kairi's father. I just thought Ansem was a scientist whom worked under the king.

Thanks for the responses guys. I didn't think anybody would respond to my silly questions to be honest. I'd forgotten about Vanitas. The rest I kinda knew about but wasn't entirely sure. Yeah, I'm hoping Dream Drop Distance this Tuesday will help clear things up a bit more.

member_10078668
29th Jul 2012, 23:53
There has been absolutely nothing in the games that says or even infers Kairi is any way related to Ansem. "Princess of Heart" is merely a title for special (female) individuals that have hearts of pure light. (For all we know, there could be a Prince of Heart somewhere out there and Square hasn't said anything contrary to that.) Being a Princess of Heart does not necessarily mean that the individual is of royal blood. Hence why Alice is a Princess of Heart.