PDA

View Full Version : Why?!! TRA and it's lying release date!

BIGGERthantheSOUND
5th Jun 2007, 18:45
I look on the calendar, and it says Tuesday, June 5th, but Best Buy, EB games, and any other hope tell me, tomorrow, TOMORROW it will be here. TOMB RAIDER ANNIVERSARY, I WILL WAIT ANOTHER DAY!

I know some of us have waited for an age and a half for this and waiting one more day won't kill us, but this is for those who waited on the edges of our seats for June 5th only to be told, come back wednesday to get your game... :confused:

Let loose an angry howl!
...Or just a rant or something ****

Mangar The Dark
5th Jun 2007, 18:58
It's not lying. The game is released on June 5th. However, it still needs time to reach the stores. So stores will have it on June 6th.

That's fairly typical. I remember the same thing happening when Chronicles came out.

Mertz523
5th Jun 2007, 19:01
I got a call from a place I pre-ordered from and they said I could pick it up today. If you pre-ordered the game, the chance is highly likely you will get a call today to pick it up.

I, however, am waiting one more day to get it for $20 at Best Buy rather than $30 from GameCrazy or EBGames.

LisaB1962
5th Jun 2007, 19:05
How come the Harry Potter kids can get their book on the published "release day?" How come the books don't need time to get to the stores?

Surely there should be a way to accommodate this and not put out false information. "Release date" for every other medium is the date it's available to the general public. Call it "ship date" if that's what it is. Don't mislead, particularly fanbois and gurls. It ain't pretty. :lol:

Mr.LadyCroft
5th Jun 2007, 19:15
they should of just said the release date was the 6th instead of the 5th then.

Tomraider
5th Jun 2007, 19:20
I feel like yelling at someone right now cause i went threw 2 finals today 4 freaken hours just to come home and find out tomorrow it will be in stores.........i dont want to have to go through another 4 hours of anticipating!!!!!!! Tomorrow i have to go through history and french!!!!!!!!!!!!!AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Walmart better have it tommorrow or i might get arrested for putting the employe in a headlock!!!!.................Well there is nothing i can do so i guess i'll have to wait:mad:

jjochen1
5th Jun 2007, 21:19
A one day wait is nothing compared to the fiasco that was the release..non release..release..non release..release of Halo 2 Vista. Tomorrow is fine by me.

NightRain'06
5th Jun 2007, 21:45
From my 10 year purchase experience with a store like EB Games, there were times when they were on point and had games available on the release dates. One time though, as I remember, without calling ahead I walked into one and asked if the specific new game was out that day. This was during the morning and their response was "Well, we don't have the shipment in yet. Try us later today. We'll have it by then." Which I did end up returning to the same store about early evening time (5 or 6 pm) and was able to purchase the game on that same day.

I never pre-ordered any game because I know I'll get it anyway. (When it comes to games, I always jump on it and pick it up in-store because I'm a game fanatic. :)) Usually when they say release date, I think it means it's being shipped from the warehouses on that day so even if they mentioned the 6th, it'd be the same; you'd still have to wait the next day for the stores to actually have it in stock and for you to finally get the game.

sophie22
5th Jun 2007, 21:45
I look on the calendar, and it says Tuesday, June 5th, but Best Buy, EB games, and any other hope tell me, tomorrow, TOMORROW it will be here. TOMB RAIDER ANNIVERSARY, I WILL WAIT ANOTHER DAY!

I know some of us have waited for an age and a half for this and waiting one more day won't kill us, but this is for those who waited on the edges of our seats for June 5th only to be told, come back wednesday to get your game... :confused:

Let loose an angry howl!
...Or just a rant or something ****

yeah i had this problem, i preordered from play.com with the full expectation that i would get my game a day early if not the release day, it didnt come till a day later, when it had been promosed to me before that, its a con, you might aswell wait and go to the shop for it, unless you use gameplay, they are usually quicker with delivery. i was so dissapointed i went and paid extra and bought it from game, then sold my play.com copy on ebay

Mertz523
5th Jun 2007, 22:07
I never pre-ordered any game because I know I'll get it anyway...

The only games I have ever pre-ordered had announcements/rumors about a special gift when you pick up your reserved copy or right when you pre-order it:

TR: AoD ~~(HIDEOUS!!!!!) Lara bobble head upon pre-order
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within ~~ Exclusive art booklet upon pick-up of pre-order
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones ~~ Exclusive soundtrack CD from the PoP trilogy upon pick-up of pre-order
TR: A ~~ (rumored) bonus gift upon pick-up of pre-order from both stores I reserved at, quickly disproved at one today resulting in refund of money already put down. We'll see about the other tomorrow...

A one day wait is nothing compared to the fiasco that was the release..non release..release..non release..release of Halo 2 Vista. Tomorrow is fine by me.

Sounds like AoD. Now THAT was a fiasco in waiting and...well...yea...****

:whistle:

Captain Mazda
5th Jun 2007, 22:10
Was checking Best Buy to see why my May 29th pre-order hadn't arrived yet here in Ontario. They don't even have it listed in stock yet. Go figure.

Well, I don't mind. I don't have work or anything tomorrow so I feel sorry for the delivery man who will get jumped on by a freefalling roof-Ninja.

Nick930
5th Jun 2007, 22:11
:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: I'm real pissed off. Today...IS US RELEASE DATE. So where... IS THE GAME I'VE BEEN WAITING MONTHS FOR!!!!!!!! I callled Gamestop and EBgames and EBgames workers are idiots and are just like "Uhhhh...wha?"

And Gamestop guy says "No store on the East Coast has the game"

So what's the deal here? A lot of stores say they're getting it like.. this Friday...or June 12...or all kinds of random stupid dates. Where's this game?!?!! WHERE IS LARA HIDING. Waldo was easier to find!!!!

I have finals Thursday, next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I was hoping on getting the game today so i could play some today before i had to study hours on end for Thursday.... however...games not here... and i won't be able to play it until school ends next wednesday.

Im very disappointed here... When Star Wars: Battlefront II came out by release date, i was able to go to Best Buy..and buy it...on RELEASE DAY.

Hense the reason its called...RELEASE....because...it is...RELEASED...to...THE PUBLIC?!?!??!?!?!

Gamespot doesn't even have a review for the game yet.

The Tomb Raider flashsite hasn't updated the website to say "It's here!!!"

And stores i called say its not in any store on the East Coast...

WHAT"S THE DEAL EIDOS? WHEN DOES THIS GAME REALLY COME OUT?!???!

Mertz523
5th Jun 2007, 22:15
Nick:

Best Buy. Tomorrow by 2pm. $20 instead of $30.

I know you can't play now 'til after finals (not to add insult to injury, but I'm so glad mine have been done for a month) but at least you will save $10.

And yea, the GameStop and EB Games stores I have (unfortunately) visited houses some very incompetent employees who remain to be misninformed about, like, EVERYTHING that is to be released if it isn't a big, new mainstream game like the darned sports games and FPS.

Nick930
5th Jun 2007, 22:17
Awesome thanks man. But the lady at Best Buy said the store won't get Anniversary until June 12. Please note i live in Maryland on the East Coast.

Captain Mazda
5th Jun 2007, 22:18
It'll be there tomorrow, just relax.

Mertz523
5th Jun 2007, 22:21
Nick, if you have a Best Buy ad, you will see it says it will be there tomorrow. She may have told you that because she looked on the dang Best Buy websitre, which lists it as being released on the 12th (for some odd reason).

I guarantee that your Best Buy store will have it tomorrow. If not...:(

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cheers, man. And good luck with finals.

Nick930
5th Jun 2007, 22:21
Hard to relax with Tomb Raider on the line... I've been waiting 10 years for this :D

well..technically i've only been waiting since they officially announced the game...but you get the point.

Oh and thank you Mertz...i hope i do good with finals too :)

Mertz523
5th Jun 2007, 22:23
I know what you mean:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=652356&postcount=24

NightRain'06
5th Jun 2007, 22:24
I'm going to call up Best Buy tomorrow again to confirm that $20 price and the real release date.
ETA: Maybe I should just speak directly with a manager since they're supposed to know more. :scratch:

If I can't get it at the low price from there and on Wednesday, the 6h, I have an EB Games gift card from like a year ago so I could just get it for the normal $30 using that. I don't care. :D But I will first try through BB since the sale ends on the 9th.

Mertz523
5th Jun 2007, 22:25
I'm going to call up Best Buy tomorrow again to confirm that $20 price and the real release date. :scratch:

If I can't get it at the low price from there and on Wednesday, the 6h, I have an EB Games gift card from like a year ago so I could just get it for $30 using that. I don't care. :D But I will first try through BB since the sale ends on the 9th.

:( (Crying hysterically)

WHY DON'T YOU BELIEVE ME!!!!!!???????

:lol: :lol: :lol:

;)

Griz1
5th Jun 2007, 22:33
Best Buy's web site only shows the <$20 price for the PS2(3) version. I assume that price will also be good for the PC version. But how can we know? I went ahead and ordered the PC version from Amazon for $27.99. FREE shipping. no sales tax. I can wait a week. Saves gas money as well.:nut:

Nick930
5th Jun 2007, 22:34
haha don't worry Mertz i believe you... he's probably just paranoid about it like i am. I could've sworn it was coming out last friday...the i realized......the tomb raider flash site is set to defualt to the British version....lol, i checked the American version...and it said June 5th...

And now its June 5th...and it aint here still... so i understand...its ok people to be paranoid...but according to Mertz...it will be available at Best Buy tommorow :D:D:D

NightRain'06
5th Jun 2007, 22:35
:( (Crying hysterically)

WHY DON'T YOU BELIEVE ME!!!!!!???????

:lol: :lol: :lol:

;)

It's not you I don't believe, it's BB. With their confusing ads... :rolleyes:
Maybe I'm just being pessimistic but by my luck, I probably won't get it at the sale price. :eek: Then again, my luck could turn for the better with them... :: ponders ::

50/50 gamble, right here ! :D

Mertz523
5th Jun 2007, 22:40
...but according to Mertz...it will be available at Best Buy tommorow :D:D:D

Uh oh...:o

I'll be chased out of this forum with torches and pitchforks if it doesn't...

:whistle:

Headshots4life
5th Jun 2007, 22:52
I also called Best Buy and EB Games and was told the same thing :( but I guess I can wait another day and if anyone is real impatient then they can download Steam and get TRA that way.

Griz1
5th Jun 2007, 23:14
They want $29.95. No savings there. But you get it now.

Mertz523
5th Jun 2007, 23:26
I just received a call with an automated message from GameStop telling me TRA will be released and available tomorrow by early afternoon.

Headshots4life
5th Jun 2007, 23:31
They want $29.95. No savings there. But you get it now. No savings but if you don't want to wait or if you want to save gas money then that's a great option :)

Lara Croft Wanna Be
5th Jun 2007, 23:55
THEY SAID: BETTER BE RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

IT WILL BE ON SHELVES BETWEEN 10:30 and 11 am tomorrow morning

If i have to wait ONE MORE DAY - Im gonna go in chronic depression...

please dont fail me i wanna play

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Bad!

I NEED THIS GAME NOW! :(

Nick930
6th Jun 2007, 00:09
Sheesh...and i thought i was desperate to get this game...this guys totally physced lol. Rock on Tomb Raider fan!!!!:cool:

Lara Croft Wanna Be
6th Jun 2007, 00:19
Sheesh...and i thought i was desperate to get this game...this guys totally physced lol. Rock on Tomb Raider fan!!!!:cool:

Girl :D

TheRidster
6th Jun 2007, 00:25
yeah i had this problem, i preordered from play.com with the full expectation that i would get my game a day early if not the release day, it didnt come till a day later, when it had been promosed to me before that, its a con, you might aswell wait and go to the shop for it, unless you use gameplay, they are usually quicker with delivery. i was so dissapointed i went and paid extra and bought it from game, then sold my play.com copy on ebay

Play use free delivery which takes longer to send. Mine didn't come till saturday because I used play. In future I will use somewhere that gives you the choice to pay for 1st class delivery. Pre-orders usually turn up the day before with 1st class.

ChOnyD
6th Jun 2007, 01:09
IM IN DEPRESSION TOO! I was sooo planning on playing the actual game today! -_- Can anyone tell me of a really trustworthy store that will have TRA tomorrow? I live on the west coast, CA :D . Walmart says that it should ship tomorrow ,but i dont trust walmart. ;)

So yea, I hope I can play it tomorrow or else ill go crazy!:nut:

Latina Lara
6th Jun 2007, 01:23
Man, I am so with you! I'm sick of these stupid stores saying a game is coming on a certain date and then when you go in they are like "Come back tomorrow." It's false advertising and a waste of my time.:mad2: If the damn game is coming in two days from now then stop advertsing that you'll have it today!

Nick930
6th Jun 2007, 01:43
Girl :D

Ha yeah, my mistake. I knew you were a girl too.. wasn't thinking when i was typing. My mind was somewhere else... thinking how annoying it would be if the Best Buy people say tommorow "Um we don't have that game....and what's Tomb Raider"

Lara Croft Wanna Be
6th Jun 2007, 02:21
Ha yeah, my mistake. I knew you were a girl too.. wasn't thinking when i was typing. My mind was somewhere else... thinking how annoying it would be if the Best Buy people say tommorow "Um we don't have that game....and what's Tomb Raider"

ID GO LARA CROFT ON THEIR BUTTS - WHIP OUT PISTOLS

ME with guns: GET THE GAME NOW!

lol if anyone asked me what tomb raider was id give them a 5hour lecture and they would never ask stupid questions again

NightRain'06
6th Jun 2007, 02:41
No offense to the original poster of this thread but I remember last year someone else complained about the Legend game not being available in stores on the release date also. And.... I think I said the same thing then that I've said today that started with "From my 10 year purchase experience through EB Games store......."

Why, yes, I am a :nut:.

aussie500
6th Jun 2007, 02:54
Well all the Australian EB stores now have their shipments in the backroom ready for tomorrows June 7th release date. The stock will be put out tonight ready for tomorrow morning. Unfortunately it seems the store where l pre-ordered my PS2 game did not get the CE as expected, l have already swapped to another store, most likely tomorrow l will simply find the guys at Glenorchy could not read, it would not surprise me, l have no confidence in EB what so ever.

Pity the American distributor cannot work out that the advertised release date is when you are meant to buy it in the shop, not when they are meant to ship it :scratch:

lara-supreme
6th Jun 2007, 02:58
I was really bummed because Amazon.com was supposed to ship my game on June 3rd, so that I would receive it on the 5th. Then they were supposed to ship it on the 5th, so I would get it in. And that was after telling me they had the game in hand. But still no ship. (I have never had a problem with Amazon shipping when they say they will) I gave up, canceled my order, and went to eb games to pre-order. they said tomorrow. Should be in by 2PM, if the UPS guy gets there by then. Hurry UPS!!!!

rabid metro
6th Jun 2007, 03:56
I just received a call with an automated message from GameStop telling me TRA will be released and available tomorrow by early afternoon.
on my ($29.99) GameStop call it said 2:00pm ... :cool:
which is a peculiar coincidence because the ($19.99) Best Buy weekly newspaper ad also says:
"Available Wednesday by 2 PM (excluding any product delay by the manufacturer)."

if GameStop doesn't reasonably drop its (pre-ordered) price then its down the street to Best Buy ...
*begins to cough persistently and notices sweating ...*
*... will probably have to miss work on wednesday due to high fever.*

They say that if you like Pina Coladas then you probably are not much into health food.
They say that constant and urgent quipping is a symptom of Lara addiction.
They say that real Tomb Raiders lead secret second lives.

Captain Mazda
6th Jun 2007, 06:13
Hey, if you hear anything about a heist involving a truck carrying copies of Anniversary...it wasn't me http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/CaptainMazda/Smilies/ninja.gif

NightRain'06
6th Jun 2007, 07:21
Finally found the Weekly Ad online updated for this week and it does show Anniversary being $20 starting tomorrow until the 9th.

Here's the link to those curious
http://bestbuy.shoplocal.com/bestbuy/default.aspx?action=detail&flashbrowse=y&storeid=2413215&rapid=409357&pagenumber=11&listingid=-2093235072&ref=%2fbestbuy%2fdefault.aspx%3faction%3dbrowsepageflash%26storeid%3d2413215%26pagenumber%3d11%26rapid%3d409357%26prvid%3d060307ba

Then it also says in small print "Excluding any product delay by the manufacturer."

I'm praying hard for a full stock tomorrow !! :o

Man, I've never been this desperate for a new game to be in my hands.

( It's probably due to the 10 year wait.... :lol: :D )

TombTrent
6th Jun 2007, 13:17
For those that can't find Anniversary yet or don't want to wait anymore, it's available at GameTap now if you live in the US or Canada. You can download it right to your PC for $29.95 or you can join the GameTap service (it gives unlimited access to over 900 games including Anniversary, Legend, and more) and right now it's only 99 cents for your first month.

Just check out www.GameTap.com

Lara Croft Wanna Be
6th Jun 2007, 16:19
Its Here I Got It Woot Logging Off To Play Now!

Captain Mazda
6th Jun 2007, 18:52
I'm having serious doubts about Best Buy here in Ontario, Canada. I think I might as well just cancel my "pre-order" that I placed all the way back on May 29th and just not give two ****s about this whole debacle. I've been at home all day, waiting to sign the package in case it did arrive today, albeit a full day late.

Alas, nothing. It's 3pm now and Best Buy still shows TR:A for PC (and other platforms) as out of stock. At 12pm, I had received an email about my order being out of stock and shipping as soon as it became available. There is no truth in this "pre-order" whatsoever.

Eidos - Way to drop the ball on a product you seemed to care about. False pretenses I guess.

digifan
6th Jun 2007, 18:58
Dudes and dudettes, you are all wrong. I got the game and I'm playing it right now. :) Good tomb raiding!

Captain Mazda
6th Jun 2007, 19:19
Dudes and dudettes, you are all wrong.

Are you for real?

Mertz523
6th Jun 2007, 19:23
I got mine at Best Buy today. It's a funny story, actually. I'm creating a thread on it, cuz it's just too good.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=69059

NightRain'06
6th Jun 2007, 20:28
Are you serious ? I just got off the phone with the same BB store again and after talking to a few people, the last one said "It's a misprint in the ad !"

Well, I'm calling another store to see if they'll say the same thing.. :mad2:

ETA: OK, the second store has it ! WHOO HOO !!! Now I just need a ride since I don't drive.... :o

Mertz523
6th Jun 2007, 20:52
Misprint or not, that price and date was advertised at a National level in the Best Buy weekly ad and they have to honor that price if they received the shipment.

The people you talked to were probably misinformed and they got their shipment in late. That was my day today: full of ignorant, rude employees.

I'm never going to that GameStop EVER again.

Where do you live, NRNR? I'll pick you up and I'll drive you to get it.

;)

NightRain'06
6th Jun 2007, 21:23
Still... I mean, the phone was handed to about 3 people and all of them were completely clueless. First person's response was "Uh... I'm not sure. Can you hold ?" Then I asked the second person and had the same reply. Basically the runaround.

Alright, no more revisiting the past. (Except in TRA. Hehe..)

Thanks for the offer, man. :lol: I live in the east coast.. So you getting here will be a 2 day drive probably. That'd be a lot of gas money to repay you and just cutting it too close for the sale duration by my luck. :lol:

Normally, I always purchase games strictly from EB Games stores.
But this is one of those extraordinary once-in-a-lifetime opportunity in getting a new game for less than the regular retailed price at Best Buy. So I'm determined in getting this from BB instead before the sale's over. :)

Mertz523
6th Jun 2007, 21:48
You'll find a way. And when you do, HOPEFULLY it will be worth it.

Good luck, NRNR

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And you're right: gas is MURDER right now.