PDA

View Full Version : grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

sophie22
5th Jun 2007, 17:36
thats it! i bleeping hate this bleeping game! can you tell im frustrated!!!!!
the bloody great pyramid! i swear if they ever put puzzles and that stupid grappling backwards jump on this game again i will never buy another! i want a petition!, they make i t ridiculous! not only do every time you die you have to kill those two bloody flying fireball mutants each time that are really hard to dodge because ypu are on a ledge that you can fall off and moves in as you fight, but then you have to do timed ridiculous swings and jumps that you have to do the wosrst move ever invented, the backwards grapple. and the angles are stupid and dont even get me started on reloading suring fights that make you stop and get hit! i dont think im ever going to cokplete this game, after this im going to need anger management, ive seriously been to the point of wanting to hit my boyfriend for sitting there saying 'it is possible' in a calm voice 'no, its frigging isnt!' its the stupidest thing ever, nothing was ever that hard in the original, why do it? its enough to give me ulcers!

thomaswest8t
5th Jun 2007, 17:41
That part is serisously hard!
If you want soem advice take a break from the game for a day and then go back to it, that ususaly works for me.:)

Oh and when you fight the mutants , stand in the middle of the platform with youre back touching the wall so you dont fall off

gsusfrk
5th Jun 2007, 17:41
uh, ok... is it on easy?
uh, ok... it's called a game....
uh, ok... it's called ... calm down :rasp:
thats hwat makes you want to play the game even more... wow, im excited over somebodies frustration! im weird :lol:

rsdigi
5th Jun 2007, 17:45
settle down young grasshopper and follow my advice:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=68867

gsusfrk
5th Jun 2007, 17:46
settle down young grasshopper and follow my advice:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=68867

DONT DO IT!!! IT'S A ...WALKTHROUGH!!!! :nut: :lol: :lmao: :whistle:

Notts Raider
5th Jun 2007, 17:47
That part is serisously hard!
If you want soem advice take a break from the game for a day and then go back to it, that ususaly works for me.:)

Maybe not a day, but about an hour or so. I've just took a break after my 5th failed attempt (2nd time around), made something to eat and had a bath, will return to it when I'm more alert, I've been playing it all day so a bit ratty.

Avoid walkthroughs, it's much better when you do it yourself.

rsdigi
5th Jun 2007, 17:49
DONT DO IT!!! IT'S A ...WALKTHROUGH!!!! :nut: :lol: :lmao: :whistle:

it's not a walkthough, it's just tips for that section.

gsusfrk
5th Jun 2007, 17:56
it's not a walkthough, it's just tips for that section.

tips r just as bad as a walkthrough, takes away the fun of finding it yourself and you feel so worthless after it because now that'd you've gotten help from someone else that pride isn't there but a used feelings...maybe not used but....(i dont know the word)
but yea, I don't like walkthroughs, takes the fun away from it, and the adventure and gfrustration and the shouting at someone because you're so engaged in the game that you can't hear people calling you (even though you have earphones on because the base of the music irritates people in your house :mad2: ) that you shout and scream at them because they've said come and eat thousands of times that it just gets to you and you want to hurt them...
well maybe thats just me... but hey we alll have anger problems :D

sophie22
5th Jun 2007, 17:59
even standing against the wall the still knock you off, it pushes you side ways.
do check points reoccur? cos if i kille dthem, then went back and came back again and got a checkpoint so i didnt have to kill them id feel alot better,
its also that second pole, you cant turn quick enough.
it is a game but its bloody awful, it things like this that spoil it, it doesnt make me want to play it more, it makes me want to chuck my controller through the tv screen!
yeah i know how to do it, its just doing it:nut:

thomaswest8t
5th Jun 2007, 18:03
like i said, Take a break! have a nap or eat something.
Then go back and try again (and again if need be).

gsusfrk
5th Jun 2007, 18:09
even standing against the wall the still knock you off, it pushes you side ways.
do check points reoccur? cos if i kille dthem, then went back and came back again and got a checkpoint so i didnt have to kill them id feel alot better,
its also that second pole, you cant turn quick enough.
it is a game but its bloody awful, it things like this that spoil it, it doesnt make me want to play it more, it makes me want to chuck my controller through the tv screen!
yeah i know how to do it, its just doing it:nut:

well i havent even played this game...well i dont count the demo as playing but yo know what, I got so scared of the first TR:1 that I got people to play it for me so I really dont know what most of you people are talking about I just know the noises lol, I sat under the table while my friends played the game, I even get scared with the bear and T-Rex ...but thats more realistic now-days, but I mean I used to freak out about like ...bats :o
lol i kno that frustration, thats why I llike frustration so much, because it makes you not like the game then you come back and then it's so easy to get past it, then find another place where you get frustrated again and then the process started over again, but I think that's what is so good about Tomb Raider, its sometimes frustrating and sometimes fun :D

even tomb raider legend, i wasn't nessesary scared bvut i was frustrated with the last level or even those falling platforms those were frustrating, but look now I've beat legend like 6 times and I've enjioyed each and every level thoroughly

rsdigi
5th Jun 2007, 18:29
tips r just as bad as a walkthrough, takes away the fun of finding it yourself and you feel so worthless after it because now that'd you've gotten help from someone else that pride isn't there but a used feelings...maybe not used but....(i dont know the word)
but yea, I don't like walkthroughs, takes the fun away from it, and the adventure and gfrustration and the shouting at someone because you're so engaged in the game that you can't hear people calling you (even though you have earphones on because the base of the music irritates people in your house :mad2: ) that you shout and scream at them because they've said come and eat thousands of times that it just gets to you and you want to hurt them...
well maybe thats just me... but hey we alll have anger problems :D
She has a choice if she wants to go there and check it out or not.
TO TURN QUICKLY ON THE POLE SIMPLY PRESS DOWN AT ANYTIME

gsusfrk
5th Jun 2007, 18:39
She has a choice if she wants to go there and check it out or not.
TO TURN QUICKLY ON THE POLE SIMPLY PRESS DOWN AT ANYTIME

really, what you just did just contradicted what you just said (she has a choice, but you just posted the spoiler)....hmmm :lmao:

sophie22
5th Jun 2007, 18:40
i cantttt take a break, im addicted, anyway i was frustrated after 5 minutes of playing it, i was already nearly at that past and i hadnt been playing it all day so its not like ive already been on it for hours, but i may go have a bath in a minute my hands are hurting. its the backwards jumps! when i try t do it i cant then i do it by accident when i dont want to!

tomb raider legend frustrated me even more! the bosses, my god.

yeah i know about the pressing down thing but it doesnt always seem to work, its the camera angle, i cant turn and keep spinning so that i can jump of straight away

redfox45
5th Jun 2007, 18:52
I hope your happy TR fans you asked for a hard game and now we all have this pain in the ass.

gsusfrk
5th Jun 2007, 18:59
sometimes pain is good, take working out for example :D :lol:
and yes the bosses r hard in legend but only if you have it on hard :P:rasp:

Atheist
5th Jun 2007, 19:01
Wow that backwards grapple sounds awesome.

BTW, just because a game is hard does'nt mean it's crap.

gsusfrk
5th Jun 2007, 19:08
AMEN, finally someone said what I wanted to say :D

gopher666
5th Jun 2007, 19:12
Why are you doing a backwards grapple? Do a normal wall run and let go at the end. You will fall onto a slope. Jump and grapple and then just swing across to the other side.

gsusfrk
5th Jun 2007, 19:19
Why are you doing a backwards grapple? Do a normal wall run and let go at the end. You will fall onto a slope. Jump and grapple and then just swing across to the other side.

...well i guess my shouting and screaming did nothing in the end... he just gave it away and come on people, if you had just read her posts you would have known that she already knows how to do, it's just doing it...it's her own process she has to go through :rolleyes:

Bantam
5th Jun 2007, 19:24
the only thing i found annoying about those parts was that as i was trying to aim for the flying mutants, it kept on locking onto the wall targets instead :p

sophie22
5th Jun 2007, 20:20
Wow that backwards grapple sounds awesome.

BTW, just because a game is hard does'nt mean it's crap.

lol you lot are funny :nut: yes, technically i know in a sane mind that a game isnt crap just because its hard, but im not in a sane mind hehe. oh, and i went to have a bath and my boyriend did it lol, i think the absense of my manic state helped him do it! ive just killed the bog boss now and am trying to do these jumps. as if! i didnt realise there was a slope to slide down! damn it, that would have helped me a hell of a lot!

i think taregtting in this game is very weird, i couldnt get that guys hands, it kept going for his head...phew.

rsdigi
5th Jun 2007, 21:01
really, what you just did just contradicted what you just said (she has a choice, but you just posted the spoiler)....hmmm :lmao:
Again (i really want to say moron but won't oops) she has a choice to view the spoiler.

rsdigi
5th Jun 2007, 21:03
sometimes pain is good, take working out for example :D :lol:
and yes the bosses r hard in legend but only if you have it on hard :P:rasp:you want to talk about pain, let's talk about fighting the last boss. My finger never hurt so much from shooting.

sophie22
5th Jun 2007, 21:40
i actually found the last boss easier than i expected to, still annoying but it wasnt 'too' hard, atleast i could work out how to do it rather than with the centaurs where i just couldnt figure it out for hours, id rather tackle the boss than that time jumpy thing again anyday

vale
5th Jun 2007, 22:48
Count yourself lucky, I can't even get past the bosses at the end of the Tomb of Tihocan. :(

I know what I'm supposed to do but I can't get the focussed attack to work. I didn't have this trouble fighting the T-Rex. *sigh*

Notts Raider
5th Jun 2007, 23:27
Count yourself lucky, I can't even get past the bosses at the end of the Tomb of Tihocan. :(

I know what I'm supposed to do but I can't get the focussed attack to work. I didn't have this trouble fighting the T-Rex. *sigh*

They have to be fairly close (image blurrs) for the dodge to work

vale
6th Jun 2007, 07:35
They have to be fairly close (image blurrs) for the dodge to work
You have to press crouch and left or right for it to work right? Every time I do it, she just dodges it. No crosshairs. :( Is there a specific order you have to do it in? I forget since it's been a few days since I tackled the T-Rex.

Notts Raider
6th Jun 2007, 07:43
Make sure you are already moving when it starts to charge so when it goes blurry, all you have to do is press crouch and wait for the cross-hairs to converge. These can be quite scary and usually panicking throws all your timing out.

sophie22
6th Jun 2007, 09:14
Make sure you are already moving when it starts to charge so when it goes blurry, all you have to do is press crouch and wait for the cross-hairs to converge. These can be quite scary and usually panicking throws all your timing out.

are you holding L1 so your guns are drawn? bedcause if they arent she cant aim when she dodges (my boyfriend kept doing this so thats how i know - i on the other hand just keep my finger pressed down automatically)

redfox45
6th Jun 2007, 15:50
Can somone tell me what the hell im supposed to be jumping to on the second wall graaple in the main pit, im just jumping into nothing, what the hell?

sophie22
6th Jun 2007, 19:02
are you talking about the same but that i started this threas about? because its one grapple then the second then the pillar has grooves in

vale
6th Jun 2007, 19:33
Make sure you are already moving when it starts to charge so when it goes blurry, all you have to do is press crouch and wait for the cross-hairs to converge. These can be quite scary and usually panicking throws all your timing out. I think that's most of my problem. I panic. lol. Thanks for the help. I'll make sure I keep at it.

are you holding L1 so your guns are drawn? bedcause if they arent she cant aim when she dodges (my boyfriend kept doing this so thats how i know - i on the other hand just keep my finger pressed down automatically) I can't remember. :/ I'll take this into account when I next face the centaurs of doom.

Thanks for al your help. :)

-Angie

6th Jun 2007, 21:00
You have to press crouch and left or right for it to work right? Every time I do it, she just dodges it. No crosshairs. :( Is there a specific order you have to do it in? I forget since it's been a few days since I tackled the T-Rex.

Make sure you're holding the lock-on button throughout.