PDA

View Full Version : IGN US Review

rsdigi
5th Jun 2007, 16:37
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/793/793666p1.html
I don't agree with them getting a guy who basically has no idea about the TR franchise. He's only played a few of the games, and even says the menu screen is standard TR fare, with Lara standing there. (this is only the second game to do it)
But basically, he liked it alot.

LisaB1962
5th Jun 2007, 17:03
Don't worry. We IGN regs have already raked this guy (and whoever at IGN assigned a non-fan the review) over the coals. Although he gave the game a good score, I don't feel the text jives with the score. Reading the review I would assume a lower score, because I don't think he liked it very much.

Joshorty
5th Jun 2007, 21:54
Actually, his review was fair. It is his view. I'd for sure will find it different. Though the things I don't agree is about the gun play.

This is a Tomb Raider game after all. A style that stands to its own. (Diving and shooting would've been cool though...even 11 years back she can do that...).

Like I said, his review was fair:) He brought up good reasons for why he rated it 7.8. But never register their opinions as yours;)

maniac44
5th Jun 2007, 22:28
IGN reviews should be taken with a grain of salt.
They gave TR: Angel of Darkness their highest score. :scratch:

PARaider
5th Jun 2007, 23:04
When I read that review, I felt that it was in bad taste to have someone who admitted he was biased about the game to begin with. After all, didn't he compare the game to action games stating that TR:A had too much adventure for his taste and not enough action?? :scratch:

The original tomb raider is an adventure game where action took the back seat. Someone who could only reference the first two games really had no idea of how to compare Anniversary to the rest of the series.

IGN reviews should be taken with a grain of salt.
They gave TR: Angel of Darkness their highest score. :scratch:

Did they really give AOD the highest score?????
Nah, couldn't be.....:lol:

Lara Croft Wanna Be
6th Jun 2007, 00:59
this man to be simple is an idiot IMO

did he say the graphics werent good > :lol: :lol: :lol: