PDA

View Full Version : Two features I would love to see in TR:A

ColdBlueSun
5th Jun 2007, 14:20
I've been playing this game whenever I get a chance and as I do, I find myself wanting the following small-ish features.

1 - Quick access to the Journal.

I would love to hear Lara's thoughts at a given time, but having to hit tab, arrow up, then scroll to the journal and activate is far too time consuming for such a fairly neat feature. Having a one key access to it would be sweet. (User definable key, such as J or L, or whatever) It would just make getting Lara's thoughts quick and painless without having to break immersion too much by navigating menus.

2 - Quick save (and load).

I also find myself wanting to save the game whenever I hit a checkpoint, but again, pressing Esc, navigating to the save function, selecting a file, confirming the save and then getting back into the game is another time waster and immersion destroyer. A quick save function would have been a real treat for compulsive savers such as myself =) Again, user definable keys are in order. Say default to F6 for save and F9 for load.

Thoughts?

CatSuit&Ponytail
5th Jun 2007, 14:42
Those are good ideas. :) They are things I would also like to have. :thumbsup:

thomaswest8t
5th Jun 2007, 15:01
a flashlight would have been nice:o

gsusfrk
5th Jun 2007, 16:06
I've been playing this game whenever I get a chance and as I do, I find myself wanting the following small-ish features.

1 - Quick access to the Journal.

I would love to hear Lara's thoughts at a given time, but having to hit tab, arrow up, then scroll to the journal and activate is far too time consuming for such a fairly neat feature. Having a one key access to it would be sweet. (User definable key, such as J or L, or whatever) It would just make getting Lara's thoughts quick and painless without having to break immersion too much by navigating menus.

2 - Quick save (and load).

I also find myself wanting to save the game whenever I hit a checkpoint, but again, pressing Esc, navigating to the save function, selecting a file, confirming the save and then getting back into the game is another time waster and immersion destroyer. A quick save function would have been a real treat for compulsive savers such as myself =) Again, user definable keys are in order. Say default to F6 for save and F9 for load.

Thoughts?

lol, y dont u jus make the game next time lol :lol:
but i guess it would be nice, kinda like TR:1... :whistle:

Isaac
5th Jun 2007, 20:22

There wasn't in TR1 and there was darker place... The torches started to appear in TR2 only... And I see you tell me "There wasn't any grapple too!". So I answer you : What do you see in the cinematic before the first level of TR1? Lara use a grapple to reach the switch. ;)

Notts Raider
5th Jun 2007, 20:41

There's no need you can see everything anyway. :scratch:

Matteh
6th Jun 2007, 04:19
Those two ideas are great if I had to pick only one I'd pick the first though, as I rely on checkpoints to save the game for me and it does loading for me too.

I'd also like to be able to use my 'interact' key to 'use' items in the inventory instead of having to press enter.

Also it would be nice if when Lara puts away her guns she would reload them like she does in TR:Legend. It's not too nice to keep going into battle to notice that you have no ammo in your clips.

ColdBlueSun
6th Jun 2007, 10:14
For the bullets, tap E just before you put your gun away and she'll reload. For the checkpoints, they only actually save your progress during your session, which means you must actually save the checkpoint through the menu when you need to shut the game down. Something I need to do very very frequently due to the children =/

I agree about using the items, using E instead of enter would be nicer than having to dart accross to the other side of the keyboard.

Matteh
6th Jun 2007, 13:47
For me I don't need to save the game, checkpoints last even if i close the game.

About the reloading, I knew you could do it manually but its a pain to have to remember every time, it would be better for a seperate reload button even, which works outside of combat mode. It's not a big deal I guess just got to get used to it.